Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Saturday, July 30, 2011



I am not sure...

...what I am feeling, or if I am feeling. I have purposely kept really busy this week as the down times are what get to me.

Right after mommy died and her body was removed we also had the hospital bed and potty/shower chair taken away, leaving her room empty. An empty room somehow seemed better to me than an empty bed. As I write this I realize how empty my heart is... The girls came back into the house and the very first thing that they asked when they saw the somewhat empty room was "Can we sleep in mommy's room tonight?" They ended up changing their mind and sleeping in grandma's motorhome that first night but they have slept in mommy's room on their sleeping bags and mattresses ever since:



We are working on getting away for a while and I am not sure whether I will be blogging about our adventures as I am not sure whether we are going to have adventures, quiet time, or a little of both. All I know is we are taking some time with just the girls and I to figure out who we are as a family. Will just have to let you know.

3 Shared:

At Sunday, July 31, 2011 2:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anne Left a thought...

Scott - whatever you do rest, relax, have a good time with your girls. My prayers are with you as you go through this time. Safe travels. Aunt Annie

 
At Sunday, July 31, 2011 9:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

What a good time. I'm praying for your time. Praying for God to meet you 3 in your special ways and for memories made, laughter, and some peace and times of healing...and there's more but it's still stuck inside my heart... but God knows. :)
Kelli W

 
At Sunday, July 31, 2011 9:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I meant to put "What a good idea." :)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...