Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, July 14, 2011



Memories, Dreams or ???

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night. I didn't want to, but I did. I wanted to immediately go back to sleep, back to the dream I was having, but I couldn't.

Frances has been wheelchair bound since last year. She has been bed bound since before January of this year. Her body hurts to be touched, to be moved. She cannot move anything but her eyes and a bit of her chin. Neither can she talk. No one has heard her voice since the she was put on a ventilator last September.

But last night I heard her voice. Last night I felt her touch. It was more than a dream and it was more than a memory, it was real. At least it was real to me. We were playing, touching and sharing. We were intimate in a way that we haven't been able to be for what seems like forever. For a brief period of time I had my wife back and then something had to wake me up and ruin it.

At least for a few more days we still spend time together and we still share. But it is not the same. I miss you honey. I love you. I know that all too soon I am going to miss you even more. But one thing is for certain, there is no way that I can love you any more.

4 Shared:

At Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:36:00 PM, Blogger Heart n Soul Left a thought...

I have just popped over from Kara's as she posted a link on my blog about your story. I sat there crying, such moving and inspiring faith. I shared your story with my kids ... what a powerful testimony in so many ways! ... incredible devotion, love, steadfastness, perseverance, patience, determination, faithfulness, grit, glory .... destiny and eternity written all over it.

 
At Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:01:00 PM, Blogger hicktownmom Left a thought...

Scott, I believe that even when our bodies are unable to meet, our souls can still travel. Your dream was a piece of the soul you share with Frances. It will always be there with you, especially after her body is gone. Dreams are a window. Just after my mom died, she came to me in a dream. It was a dream, but it wasn't. She held me and told me simply "No mourning." She was there with me again. And from time to time, she reappears in my dreams. Is it really her spirit? Who knows. But it is a piece of her soul that she shared with me.
Robyn

 
At Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:41:00 PM, Blogger Kara Chupp Left a thought...

Scott...this is beautiful and powerful...your love for her shines through...heart breaking for you.

 
At Friday, July 15, 2011 8:48:00 PM, Anonymous Jodi tucker Left a thought...

This blog is such a legacy for Rebekah and Sarah......words that will be cherished by all......love, Jodi

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...