Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Monday, July 25, 2011



Thank you

I want to say thank you all for the nice things that you have said about me, whether by the blog, by email or in person. Many of you have told about memories you have of me. Some I remember quite well and others definitely sound like me. I am surprised at how many people look up to me. I feel that I am not worthy of all the praise. The praise belongs to God. I try to follow Christ's example and His teachings. I see myself as a simple woman who tries her best to love her God, her husband, her children and the rest of her family and friends. If everybody did that, what a beautiful world it would be.

Heavenly Father, thank you for all the wonderful things that you have given to me and the ways that you have shown to me. Thank you for molding me into the person that you wanted me to be. May these words that I have written be read by the people that you know need to hear it. Amen.

17 Shared:

At Monday, July 25, 2011 7:59:00 AM, Blogger Trwaldo1 Left a thought...

Dearest Frances,
You are an Amazing, Godly woman. I have much I can learn from you now and in the future. Thank you for letting me be part of your lives, thanks you for sharing your heart, Thank You!
My Heart is heavy with what tomorrow will bring, you are on my mind constantly, in my prayers daily. May Peace and Love be upon you! Your earthly journey may becoming to an end, but you are going to a place that for the rest of eternity will be with our Heavenly Father and Savior! Thank you for sharing your heart, thank you for showing us how to be brave, thank you for showing me how to be as Proverb 31 wife. You will be called blessed! I will miss you dearest Frances! But I will see you someday and rejoice in that fact!
Many blessings and much Love, continued Prayer for you and your family. Be at Peace and Give God and Jesus and big hug for me! Love ya!
Tracey

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 8:45:00 AM, Blogger Kara Chupp Left a thought...

Will be praying for you and Scott and the girls all day today...and tomorrow...and will continue on.
I almost can't comment here, because it's difficult to know what to write...
But I want you to know--
How meaningful your life has been.
How much weight your words carry.
How God has used you in many lives (including mine).
How much your love for Him shines brightly.
Can't even begin to imagine how today will be and tomorrow...but I know you'll wake to see Him.
You'll be with Him....
My heart aches for all of you today...will continue to pray.
Love,
K

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 8:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hey Francis,
We haven't see you guys in forever, but will always remeber the Sat. nights at The Ground Round at Rolling Acres when you and Scott rolled up on your bikes. Such good times!! The girls were twinkles in your eyes and adventure in your hearts. We have all come such a long way since those simpler days. You and your family have become beacons for all of us; such inspiring folks that exemplify God and family. What a blessing you have been to the world; giving when it might be really hard to give. We will be thinking of you on your journey, and Scott and the girls with such joy and saddness. Lots of Light and Love, Bob and Linda Betz

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 9:09:00 AM, Blogger hicktownmom Left a thought...

Frances,

I have been so touched by your journey. And I know that while tomorrow will be hard, you will be with God quickly and we will still feel your presence here through Him. We will take care of your family. We will not forget about them after the chaos has passed and life settles down into the daily grind. We will still be here for Scott and the girls. Jason and I have been blessed to know you.

Go with God,
Robyn

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 9:26:00 AM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

Godspeed, sweet lady. Until we meet again. Prayers ascending for you and your family.

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 9:29:00 AM, Blogger Jon DeBoer Left a thought...

Thank-you Frances,
You are such an amazing inspiration to so many. Your reliance on, and hope in, God's love and strength are truly a blessing. We appreciated your kind wisdom, while sharing moments prior to Addison's heart surgery. Just wanted to check in, as one of the quietly praying masses. You are so loved and such a reflection of God's love. Continuing to pray for you and your precious family,
Jon and Jessica DeBoer

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Chris and Sarah Left a thought...

I will be so honored and grateful to greet you on the other side! Thank you for your lovely testimony to the Author and Perfecter of our faith. See you in a while!
Sarah

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 1:33:00 PM, Blogger  M and M Left a thought...

Frances,

God be with ye, as He is now, has been since you first trusted Jesus, and forevermore shalt be.

Until we meet again in Heaven, thank you for being our friend,

Love,
Mark for the Hs

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 2:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Beautiful words Frances, thank you for your example, and testimony. I know that you will rejoice being with your Lord, but know you will be missed here........until we meet again

Leslie and Dale

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 4:57:00 PM, Blogger Mamasita Left a thought...

Beautiful. You, your words, your family, your example, your faith. All beautiful

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 7:23:00 PM, Anonymous Patti McCarter Left a thought...

Frances, we don't know each other very well, but I wanted to say thank you for sharing your life through this blog. You have been such an inspiration and a blessing. Your words have truly touched my heart. I thank God for your willingness to share his love with those who will read your words. I pray your final journey will be glorious in every way as you go to meet your Saviour. I pray for grace and peace for Scott and the girls. You will be greatly missed.
Patti McCarter (McKeever)

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 7:31:00 PM, Blogger Unknown Left a thought...

Dear Frances,
This has been a hard post to write. Brad and I have been honored to be "adopted" into your family. We will always remember the campouts with the family and circling the wagons at your house. Whenever I look up and see a rainbow I will think of you and remember the times we spent with you and your family. we love you and look forward to seeing you in heaven with your Dad. We will be thinking and praying for you and your family tommorrow. Safe journey and give your Dad a hug for us. Brad and Dinah Wells

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 7:52:00 PM, Anonymous Ann Scott Left a thought...

Dear Francis, We have never met, but I knew Scott when I was the Executive Direstor of PLAN Adoption and Scott did legal work for some of the adoptive families. So, I have kept abreast of your family events, and have prayed for all of you for several years. I have prayerfully read all of your posts, and have been blessed by your faith during all the times of crisis. I feel as if I really know you, and look forward to really meeting you in heaven. A few years ago, while coming out of surgery, I felt my body going up, up, up, until I was standing before Heaven's beautiful gate. After meeting my twin sister (who had died previously) and then standing amazed before the Lord Jesus, (heaven's colors are indescribably beautiful) Jesus sent me back to serve others here for a while longer. Now, it is my joy to be here, knowing the wonder that awaits us there! You will totally LOVE it there as everything is perfect! Your dear family will continue to be held in the prayers of all of us who love you. You have lived life well, fought the good fight, loved your family and friends, been faithful to your calling. Now, go in peace and anticipation, in the joy of the Lord. In love and prayers, Ann Scott

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 9:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

God bless you and keep you, Frances. Know he will also keep watch over your family. I look forwarding to meeting you one day in heaven, and I know I will. I know that you don't want praise for yourself, and I understand that. But by simply bowing your heart and your life and your will to the Lord's, His light has been allowed to shine through you to touch us. God bless you for your willingness to be used. Not perfect, none of us are - but in the hands of the Master, he brings amazing things through our imperfection. Bless you, bless you, bless you for your faithfulness and humbleness! Until we meet one day...

 
At Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:50:00 AM, Anonymous Marie in Michigan Left a thought...

God Bless you Frances and your family. Thank you for your insightful posts and reminding me where I need to be in life with God. Thank you for your inspiration, kindness and love to those around you and those you don't know. Thank you for making me a better person through you and your daughters struggles in life. May the Lord Bless you and keep you. May his face shine upon you and be gracious. Prayers to the family on this very difficult week to come.

 
At Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:08:00 AM, Blogger Avozinha Left a thought...

You have never seen me. I come from a foreign country, in Europe. I found you and your family on the net. I've often prayed for you and your girls. Now you are leaving. I'll miss you a lot, although we never met. I'll see you in heaven one of these days, on behalf of Jesus' blood. You'll see the Glory soon! I'll pray for your family.
Granny Cavaco

 
At Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Goosegirl Left a thought...

I just heard of you today, from a Facebook Friend, Lisa Ball. I came over to your blog to read. I hope I am not intruding. But I wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and your family today. Your love for Jesus is so evident. Your conviction to serve him and share your faith is so beautiful. Thank you for your urgency and encouragement to share Him. I am praying for your family as they let you go today.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...