Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Sunday, July 24, 2011



Vehicles

Very few vehicles have their own personality to me; most are just utilitarian.

A while back I posted a note on Facebook about taking a ride with Guy in our wheel chair van. He and I went for a drive and I talked to him and he listened patiently while I rambled on. It was Guy’s family has graciously sold us his van to use with Frances’ wheel chair. We’ve used it for a year and half, but it is still Guy’s van.

When we moved home to Oregon we sold Frances’ bike to her brother. But it is and always will be Frances’ bike. She road all over the east coast with me, many thousands of miles. I can’t count the memories that we have together because of riding.

Last night that bike came home. It rode in at 10:00pm and I knew the sound without getting up. It seems weird but I felt it as it drove up on our property. Looking at it out in the field without another bike around it, without our little trailer around it, without a tent around it, it seems lonely, very lonely. It seems that, like me, it is crying. What it really is, though, is waiting for a rider that will never come.

5 Shared:

At Sunday, July 24, 2011 8:31:00 AM, Anonymous Bert Left a thought...

Like a horse coming home, without it's mistress. Indeed sad.

Bert

 
At Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Sad indeed........


Dale and Leslie

 
At Sunday, July 24, 2011 5:05:00 PM, Anonymous jason Left a thought...

Our dearest Frances it is hard to put into words on what we all feel right now but I will give it a shot. We will miss your smile and laughter, the way you hold your head high no matter what the problem may be. The love that you show to all that have known you and Scott and the girls. It is sad to see you leave this world on which you have spent such a short time on, but your memory will live on. It will be seen in your children and in your husband who is tougher than some will ever know. To know you both has been a blessing. I will always remember how you and Charlie played the violin and sang Christmas carols in English and then in German. Those memories hold a very special place in my heartv. Go on peace my cousin, I know you are going to a much better place than here and you will smile on all of us from above with our Lord. You will have no more pain and we know and are greatfull for that knowledge. We will see you again.MUCH LOVE COUSIN LOVE JASON VICKIE DAKOTA AND KEEGAN

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 7:20:00 AM, Anonymous Teresa Mathia Left a thought...

Frances, I hold only tears for you and your family right now. Tears for your family who will miss you, tears that I will no longer get to know you better, tears of joy of your leaving a body of torment and to your new body in heaven. I count it a blessing to have known you. You will always hold a special place in my heart. May His Grace, Peace and Mercy fill your home today.Good bye my friend.
Until we meet again in heavenly places, Love, Teresa

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 7:26:00 AM, Anonymous jodi tucker Left a thought...

See you later, dear Frances.....please learn the Jesus boogie so we can dance together when I arrive!!......Much love, Jodi

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...