Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Sunday, July 17, 2011



What Do I Believe Heaven Is Like?

Heaven is dwelling with God.

I believe that there are two heavens that are talked about in the Bible. One heaven is the new heaven and new earth that will be created after the thousand year reign. The other heaven is the heaven that exists now - an intermediate heaven. This intermediate heaven is where Jesus took the thief on the cross next to him who asked for forgiveness as well as all of the true believers since his death on the cross.

I believe it is a most beautiful place far beyond what we can imagine. And Jesus himself has prepared a place for me. I will have a new body free from pain and disability. I will be with my heavenly father and that will be wonderful. And i expect to be able to watch Scott and the girls from heaven.

I don't believe that i will become an angel as many people seem to believe. I believe that God made angels and he made people and they are two distinct groups. I will be able to see family and friends who had a saving faith and who died before me. And I may be able to see those who have gone to hell because they rejected God.

I believe that I will be able to stand in God's presence and make requests for those who are still living on earth. I will be able to sing and dance and praise God. I will be waiting for Scott and the girls and other loved ones to join me in heaven at their appointed time.

13 Shared:

At Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:36:00 AM, Anonymous Teresa Mathia Left a thought...

I love your post Frances. Absolutely in agreement with you. Thank you!

 
At Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:01:00 PM, Blogger Trwaldo1 Left a thought...

Amen Frances...Hug God and Jesus for me!

 
At Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Frances, I just want to say thank you for your example, and the love of christ you have. I do regret not getting to know you better, but always think of the one time I did get to meet you, and visit for a bit.

I will always look to your example of your life, and the grace, peace, and love of God you have shown. You have helped me grow in my own relationship with Christ.

Peace and comfort be with you.

Leslie Mickley (Dales wife)

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Frances,
We just wanted to let you know that although we have not been able to be involved in your life much in a physical sense, our family has been daily praying for your family for a very long time. We admire you for your faith, your strength, your lack of bitterness for all you have been going through, and for sharing your life and insight with us. Also, thank you for sharing your doughnuts with us at many campouts ;) May GOD carry you gently and tenderly into HIS presence. I once read a sermon that spoke of how GOD chose a baby's journey into this world to symbolize our greater journey into HIS presence: How a baby grows until it becomes too uncomfortable to be in the dark silent world of the womb. It just no longer belongs or fits there. The baby's journey out is not really very pleasant: it has to be scrunched, squeezed, and uncomfortably pushed out into it's mother and father's loving arms where the baby now encounters a new world full of color and light. We will continue to pray for you, Scott, and the girls as well as your extended families.
See you on the other side!
With much love for you and yours, John and Colleen Catandella

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:49:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

Eye hasn't seen, ear hasn't heard, neither has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those who love Him....We can only imagine...and oh, how grand and marvelous it will be! God bless you Frances!

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:17:00 PM, Anonymous Aunt Annie Left a thought...

Dear Frances - As I was singing these words at choir practise on Monday night I was thinking of you. I wanted to share them with you.
Words & Music by Cindy Berry
The title of the song is This I Know!

Who can comprehend the mind of God? Who can undertand His ways? Nothing in life seems certain on the journey throught earthly days. I have questions that go unanswered; there are things I do not understand. But my Father knows what is best for me, according to His plan.

This I know, I have a Savior, Jesus Christ who died for me. This I know, He died at Calv'ry to pay sin's debt that I might be free. Then He arose in glorious splendor to take His rightful place. And someday soon I'll see His face, this I know!

This I know, that in my Savior I have an anchor firm and sure. This I know, His love and mercy will forevermore endure. Soon I'll enter heaven's glory and walk on streets of purest gold. And on that day I will behold Him, this I know

So I will trust in the Lord, I will not be shaken, He will fight the battle for me. His is the glory and the power forever, His is the victory.

This I know, I have a Savior, Jesus Christ, who died for me. This I know, He died at Calv'ry to pay sins's debt that I might be free. Then He arose in glorious splendor to take His rightful place. Someday soon I'll see His face, for He saved me by His grace. Yes the Father loves me so, this I know!

I tried to find a utube video of it so you could hear the music, but I couldn't find one. I hope the words will comfort you and give you peace.

Aunt Annie

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:58:00 PM, Anonymous Linda Sheppard Left a thought...

Dear Frances,

It's inspiring to read the blog. You've given words of wisdom that will help so many people with parenting, marriage, as well as an unbelievable example of how to handle trials and struggles in life.

I think of you often and pray for you and your family daily. Thank you for your kindness to others and your incredible heart! Thank you for your guidance regarding Julia and support through health challenges, how to talk to surgeons, how to work with insurance, how to cope with long term illness, etc. I'm thankful that the Lord allowed us to meet and get to know each other. We will always remember you at the NAFA campout making donuts.

You will always be an amazing person and an inspiration to others! We love you and will miss you!

Linda, Ron, and kids

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

You and your family are so loved, Frances. Thank you for making this effort to share your journey with all of us. I cannot express in words the way you and Scott do, but God be with you. You are more than a conqueror. Nothing can separate us from God's love, and you have shown me that by your life.

With love in Christ,
Laura Lockhart

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:37:00 PM, Anonymous Sarah Mathia Left a thought...

Frances,

I love you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I agree with your thoughts.

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:47:00 PM, Blogger Char Left a thought...

Frances, I just don't know what to say or how to say it, so here goes. We have never met in person, though you and your family have touched my life profoundly.

I started to follow this blog when my dear friend Deb told me about Rebekah in 2005. I survived cancer myself in 2004. I feel a deep bond with those coping with the dreaded "c" word. [small c on purpose!]

I watched [listened, read, etc.] all you [and I am counting Scott as a part of you] went through during the ups and downs during Rebekah's treatment. I know that you would have gladly taken her place if it would have saved her from suffering.

I can see that you are doing everything in your power to ease the pain for your family and loved ones as you transition from your earthly life to your life in Heaven with Jesus. You are writing the book on dignity and grace.

I pray that God's richest blessings and the peace that passes all understanding will encompass you and your family during this time and all eternity.

I wrote the other day the the hymn [my favorite] 'Just Over in the Glory Land' came to mind while I was writing you. That song has been going through my head quite a bit, and reminding me to pray for you, Scott, Rebekah, and Sarah. Here are the lyrics. If you are not familiar with the song, I hope that someone can play it for you. It is a gift for you from the Lord, and I hope it brings you peace.

Just over in the Glory Land
written by James Acuff in 1906

I’ve a home prepared where the saints abide,
Just over in the glory land;
And I long to be by my Savior’s side,
Just over in the glory land.

Refrain:
Just over in the glory land,
I’ll join the happy angel band,
Just over in the glory land;
Just over in the glory land,
There with the mighty host I’ll stand,
Just over in the glory land.

I am on my way to those mansions fair,
Just over in the glory land;
There to sing God’s praise and His glory share,
Just over in the glory land.

What a joyful thought that my Lord I’ll see,
Just over in the glory land;
And with kindred saved, there forever be,
Just over in the glory land.

With the blood-washed throng I will shout and sing,
Just over in the glory land;
Glad hosannas to Christ, the Lord and King,
Just over in the glory land.


Scripture reference:
2Cor 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

God bless you and keep you Frances, until we meet on the other side. I will continue to lift up Scott & the girls, as will countless others.
Char in NC

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Sara Left a thought...

Dear Frances,

We are so honored to know you and your family. Our lives touched in two areas that are so deeply meaningful to all of us...

We met you through adoption, and fought the cancer fight too.

Your girls are so special, and we are so touched, that you and Scott felt highly enough about us to let us take your girls to Family Camp last year.

You and your family have impacted so many people, and will continue to do so, as your girls grow up. I know they will proudly speak of their amazing mother (and tremendous father), and will hold you in their heart always.

Your spirit, and strength have been inspiring to all of us.

With lots of love,

Sara, Eric, Alex & Tessa Wilkison

 
At Friday, July 22, 2011 10:12:00 AM, Anonymous Heather McConley Left a thought...

Frances, It was wonderful to catch up with you last week. I hope and pray you and Scott and the girls have a peaceful last few days now.

Thank you so much for all your words here. I know you are still making a difference in all of our lives.

When Matthew died, it completely changed my view of death. Although our bodies fight it, because there is the sense that death is bad, the reality is that our REAL life began long ago and is waiting for us to continue it with Jesus. When you leave this life, your ministry here is done but it will NEVER be over. You will live in our hearts -- and the hearts of your family, especially -- forever. Jesus is waiting to welcome you with arms wide open and He is completing your ministry.

Thank you so much for this solid doctrine today. May His peace reign in your hearts. Hugs to all of you... and see you later. :)

 
At Friday, July 22, 2011 7:56:00 PM, Anonymous Ken Teleis Left a thought...

May it be your portion to hear from him who sitteth as the judge supreme, "Well done, good and faithful servant. Enter thou into the joy of thy Lord"

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...