Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, August 25, 2005



Photo Update

Pictures have been updated in the photo album at www.HelpRebekah.com.

I have also made some significant changes over there. Pictures are bigger and should load much MUCH faster. For those of you that even tried downloading from there in the last two days with dial-up - I AM SO SORRY. A wrong setting caused it so you only got to see a thumbnail, but had to download the full size picture to do it. Things have changed and you should actually be able to see them all now.

PLEASE BE FOREWARNED - TODAY'S PICTURE IS VERY DISTURBING TO ME AND I AM USED TO REBEKAH'S CONDITION. IF YOU ARE SQUEEMISH OR VIEWING WITH LITTLE ONES, PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE SCROLLING ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM. I wanted to put a pic up on the blog but this one just didn't seem appropriate for here.

18 Shared:

At Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Lord, Comfort this family, give them the strength that only you can give. Dear Father, place your healing hands on this beautiful child, let her feel your comfort, take her pain as your own, You are The most Holy, Lord, give Peace to this family. Amen

Be strong dear Adams family.. God is ever present, ever knowing, and ever loving..
My heart breaks at reading todays journal.. My heart breaks at seeing todays pictures.. Just when i think I can't shed anymore tears, I read your pain, and more fall for you..
I am down on my knees again tonight praying for all of you, praying for acceptance and understanding of God's will..
I am also on my knees thanking God for bringing Rebekah's story to my life, it has been life changing for so many of us..
Be strong Scott and Francis, find peace.. we are here.. we are praying.. So many more people than you know, are visiting and praying for your beautiful child..
God Bless your family,
Allie

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2005 11:09:00 PM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

I have this little verse generator on my blog and it has been constantly on point with what I am feeling or writing about...

“ Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. ” (Romans 12:4-5)

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2005 11:09:00 PM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh Left a thought...

Today Lord, I ask you to hold this family in the palm of your hand. We trust you Lord during this time of testing, we believe your Word which does not come back void. There is no one else to turn to Lord, you created this child and you are able to heal her. We ask you in the name of your son Jesus Christ who took all sickness and disease to the cross, to heal this child completely from the inside out. We ask for complete healing of every nerve, every cell, every fiber of her body. We trust in you and you alone.

I also pray right now for her parents that you will strengthen them and uphold them with your right hand. Be with them as they look to you, increase their faith, help them to rely on you for the answers.

In Jesus Name

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2005 11:10:00 PM, Blogger Heather Left a thought...

Although everyone one looks worn out in the pictures, you also look like you love each other.

There is no greater gift than that.

Please know that you are surrounded by love and prayers from all whom you have allowed access to this most private part of your life.

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2005 11:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'm not eloquent when it comes to words...but I am praying for all of you. Received the bracelets and cant wait to start passing them out! ~Caron

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 1:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

dear Lord, i lift up to you this family. i pray that you will take care of each and everyone of them. i pray that you will heal rebekah from this ailment. keep her in your arms. keep her strong too. i also would like to pray for mommy and daddy. give them the strength they need. i pray for your blessings and miracle to be upon them. dear God, you promised us healing and we're claiming it in Jesus name.

we bring back all the glory to your name, amen.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 3:41:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

Heavenly Father, You are the Great Healer! I ask now that you please touch Rebekah's poor tired body, and take away her pain.
Please give Scott and Francis Your peace. None of us understand Your plan in all of this and I pray that we will not become bitter but rather find how You are to be glorified in all of this.
Thank You that the family knows You and has put their trust in You Lord.
Wrap your loving , tender arms around them all and may they know that they are surrounded in prayer.
Amen

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 5:30:00 AM, Blogger Jojo Left a thought...

Oh Father - I cry out to you on behalf of this family. My heart aches for all they are going thru. Help them to feel You right there with them, holding them, and protecting them. Please give them Dr.s and nurses who are compassionate and full of wisdom. Place loving care all around them.

Father, we want more than anything, for you to heal little Bekah and make her well again. No child should have to endure what she is going thru right now. Please shorten her suffering Lord.

Give Scott & Francis rest and strength and comfort as they try to be strong for their little girls. Care for their every need and care. We also ask for you to be with Sarah. May she have fun playing and the time pass quickly until she is back with her family.

Father, I cannot begin to know all that is going on here. All that Rebeccah is feeling, all that her parents are going thru and how this is affecting Sarah - but I know you have it all under your control. May you work thru all these prayers to give according to Your Will. May your mercy, grace and love flow like a flooded river upon this family and their every need. And may You be glorified thru it all. In Jesus' precious name I pray - Amen

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 6:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Philipians 4:12-13
"I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens. I know how to live when I am poor, and I know how to live when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens, when I have enough to eat and when I go hungry, when I have more than I need and when I do not have enough. For I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST,BECAUSE HE GIVES ME STRENGHT."
Lord, they are so tired, please pick them up, hold them and carry them thru.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 7:05:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H Left a thought...

Weak and wounded sinner
Lost and left to die
O, raise your head, for love is passing by
Come to Jesus
Come to Jesus
Come to Jesus and live!

Now your burden's lifted
And carried far away
And precious blood has washed away the stain, so
Sing to Jesus
Sing to Jesus
Sing to Jesus and live!

And like a newborn baby
Don't be afraid to crawl
And remember when you walk
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!

Sometimes the way is lonely
And steep and filled with pain
So if your sky is dark and pours the rain, then
Cry to Jesus
Cry to Jesus
Cry to Jesus and live!

O, and when the love spills over
And music fills the night
And when you can't contain your joy inside, then
Dance for Jesus
Dance for Jesus
Dance for Jesus and live!

And with your final heartbeat
Kiss the world goodbye
Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side, and
Fly to Jesus
Fly to Jesus
Fly to Jesus and live!

{Chris Rice, "Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus")

Prayers for Rebekah, the family, and the doctors, nurses and others helping care for her.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 7:17:00 AM, Blogger Pam Left a thought...

Father, hold Mommy as tightly to you today as Mommy is holding Rebekah. Thank you for the promise of never being left without your presence. Father, comfort daddy as he watches mommy. Hold this dear little family so very close to you. Thank you Father...for you are our strength, you are our comfort, you are our peace.
Thank you Father

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 7:35:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

Lord, in this moment I don't have words just a breaking heart. Lord we come and fall at your feet because that is all we can do.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 8:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Prayers from Seattle...

I wish I had words but today, I have none. This morning when I saw the new pictures all I could do is fall to my knees and pray.

I am here, with tears and prayers and hope.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 8:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My wife and I have been keeping up on Rebeka's progress for sometime not. At this point I don't know what to say but I felt that I had to post something. Mainly because of the aray of emotions I am having at this point. I am Mad that something like this is happening to any child let alone such a beautiful one. Scared for the worst. Uplifted by the support and the Love. Amazed at how well you are able to hold yourself up and not only live this first hand but to live it again writing all down. Inspired to bring myself and my family even closer to God. Finally at a complete loss as to what more I can do. Please let us know what we can do to help in any way. We are friends of Uncle Mark and Aunt TT, if there is anything we can do then please have them let us know. Keeping you all forever in our prayers.

Jen and Jason

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

You are right, the photo is very hard to look at. I love to go back and look at the haircut photos, she is an adorable kid, my children and I look at them and talk about Rebekah.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Curious Servant Left a thought...

Heavenly father, send us Your Spirit. We need Your guidance in our prayers, in our actions.

We simply need You.

Bless this child Lord. Touch her physically, spiritually, emotionally.

Show us what You would have us do (we are Yours).

Bless this family Lord. Touch their hearts, touch their minds, give them rest and peace and strength.

Lead us Lord where You would have us go (we are Yours).

Bless these doctors Lord. Provide them wisdom, and understanding, and skill.

We lift up this situation to You and know that through it all will see Your love, Your glory, Your mighty care.

Amen

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Dorko Left a thought...

Still mindful of Rebekah's battle and your trails. My prayer and these words are the only sustenance I can offer you at this time.
I am so very sorry I can not do more.
Sending love and caring your way - D.

"Oh God, The eternal Father, we ask Thee in the name of Thy son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify these efforts of parental love, family love, medical practiction, community and individual devotion in prayer, all service, sacrifice & offerings there in to combine, strengthen, sustain and to comfort - and if Thou art willing, oh God, The eternal Father, to heal, to the healing of this very young and bravely enduring daughter, Rebekah Christine Adams. We pray, Father, that she might always have Thy Spirit to attend her and her family most dear. Be it in this world or the world to come, we pray for Your will to be done. Yea, Lord, We ask You, out of mortal concern, for Your healing and for Your tender mercies to distill upon Rebekah and her family at this time. May every needful thing to be met & provided for and may the arms of Your great love encircle them, round about.
For Your favor and Your blessing, we are greatful and may we ask, also, for Thy favor and blessings to be upon the hearts and minds of all souls drawn out in prayer unto You this day, for whatever the reason may be. That all may come closer, in returning unto Thee. I bear faithful testimony of Your goodness and Your might, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 10:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Lord, we lift up this beautiful child of Yours and her family to You again. Please wrap Your loving arms around them. They are showing Your grace daily and giving You glory during this tribulation. I ask for Your peace to reign in them and for them to press even closer to You. Please bring that beautiful sparkle back to her and her parents. You are our wonderful Healer and we trust in You completely to do Your perfect will in their lives. In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...