Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Tuesday, August 23, 2005



A Little Bit Calmer

Thank you Steve for being able to get a quick update up for us. There are so many of you that are checking regularly that I want to keep updates as soon as possible.

Rebekah is doing better right now. Basically that means she is out of surgery and is so heavily medicated that she is pretty much just laying there. Right now we are trying to walk a fine line between keeping her as pain free as possible but not depressing her respiratory system. Finding out where this line is is difficult because of the anesthetic from this mornings surgery.

She went in for surgery to put in a G-Tube. The surgery requires that she have enough anesthetic to control the muscle reactions in the stomach area which is also enough to affect her breathing. Although Rebekah stopped breathing and could not continue on her own the anesthesiologist was able to keep breathing for her at a safe level.

Her airway (mouth and throat) are so full of sores and ulcers that even touching her face with the breathing mask was causing bleeding. A tube in her throat would cause even more and once inserted would not be able to be removed until the bleeding and ulcers were gone thereby committing her to a ventilator and the ICU for an unknown period of time.

We are right now trying to deal with what we should do if she again gets to the point of needing intubated. These are the most difficult choices you could ever make for someone and definately not choices that a parent ever wants to be facing for their child.

Although we have known all the way from her first diagnosis that this could kill her eventually, today as the first time that I have ever had to look into her eyes and believe that it could be today. It took me sevearal hours to come to that conclusion but that is what we are/were (I am not sure what is the right word) seeing.

Right now visitors are kind of difficult so please keep up the support in other ways.

56 Shared:

At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:00:00 PM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

We're here and we're praying.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am Praying

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

prayers prayers and more prayers

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

Keeping up the prayers in Ohio.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Praying in all of my free time! Just remember that god will pull her through and everything will be all right.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Sending more prayers from Seattle...keep faith! Let God lead you in whatever decisions come next.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

We are praying for you. Caron

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I can not even fathom what you all are going through. I am so so sorry. Our prayers are with you all.
Praying for a miracle

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:08:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H Left a thought...

I will keep Rebekah and the entire family in my prayers.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:20:00 PM, Blogger Robin Left a thought...

Praying in NH.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:27:00 PM, Blogger YellowRose Left a thought...

Praying here in Georgia!

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

May God's love surround and cradle you all with serenity and calm. Our prayers are with you...

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My prayers are with you as you go through this. I have three precious daughters and your trials bring home to me how little I deserve the blessings I enjoy. We have so much to be thankful for, and are such ungrateful creatures. May God continue to show his mercy to all of us, though we have done so little to deserve it. God is good and merciful. May he bless you all and keep you in his infinite love. He knows pain and anguish First Hand, he knows what you are going through, and his love for you and Rebekah has no end. May you experience the depth of his love and peace.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:37:00 PM, Blogger Oaksey™ Left a thought...

Lots of love as always

x

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:44:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

Jesus heals, but whether it's here, or in heaven we don't know. May the love of God wrap a blanket of peace around you, and may your wisdom increase during this time, as you make decisions for her. Believe that God will guide you in all decisions you make.

Stephanie and Darlene

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:46:00 PM, Blogger CaS Left a thought...

Still in my prayers

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:50:00 PM, Blogger Amanda Left a thought...

praying in texas, for your family and your sweet baby girl.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Vicki Left a thought...

Praying for Rebekah as if she were my own!! I've been so concerned. Thankful for the note Steve left on my blog about her surgery, and I will keep checking back here for updates as I pray and let others know.

Praying that you will rest in the Shadow of the Almighty.

His peace,
Vicki

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 4:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'm praying. for all of you.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 4:30:00 PM, Blogger Ileana Left a thought...

I am constantly thinking of Rebekah and praying for her healing. There is always hope when we all pray!

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 4:37:00 PM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

Praying.. all day long

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 4:38:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

....as stated in the comment following the previous post...Olivia has been praying today for Rebekah's bleeding.....all the while not knowing what had transpired today with the oxygen mask causing bleeding....I continue to constantly marvel at how specifically the Lord is speaking to Olivia and directing her to pray for Rebekah's needs. In turn, we have joined with Olivia and pray about the same things that she does --because there is obviously a divine -connection -intervention- intercession going on here! Our God is so awesome ---takes care of every little detail---covers every need by causing others to pray specifically --- He will continue to remain faithful.

"...My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory..."

also be reminded that He works ALL things together for GOOD to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose!

....praying for you....always...
Deb, Randy and Olivia

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 4:38:00 PM, Blogger CL Left a thought...

praying

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 4:44:00 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou Left a thought...

More prayers from Georgia...

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 4:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Still here, still praying, you are all in our hearts, in our prayers. In Christ,
A

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 5:20:00 PM, Blogger DBFrank Left a thought...

Praying, praying.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 5:34:00 PM, Blogger Rulan Left a thought...

Somehow I stumbled across one blog and onto another and then someone called Steve and then came across Rebekah's Page. I am glad I did. I will be praying.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:00:00 PM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

Praying for all of you all day and night here in Michigan. We love you and lift you up to the Lord!

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:15:00 PM, Blogger Lillee Left a thought...

Praying and believing in Illinois

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:40:00 PM, Blogger cybeRanger Left a thought...

Rebekah, you were healed by His stripes. HalleluYAH!!

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:56:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

More tears and prayers from OH.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:14:00 PM, Blogger D Left a thought...

Prayers all the way from Singapore.

stay positive & God Bless!

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:30:00 PM, Blogger ~Suzii~ Left a thought...

Psalm 139

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.

You hem me in -- behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise oh the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I am awake, I am still with you.

If only you would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me, you bloodthirsty men! They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name.
Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord, and abhor those who rise up against you? I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Father, touch little Rebekah's body right now. Make your presence known to her and her family. Bring peace and comfort to them during this time that they need you. Make little Rebekah a miracle that will glorify your name, Lord! Bless them all beyond what they need. Calm any uncertainty that they may have. Bring them reassurance and strength. In Jesus mighty name I pray... Amen!

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:47:00 PM, Blogger David Meigs Left a thought...

My wife I and I just finished the first of our prayers for your little one. It won't be the last. God bless you!

- David

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:08:00 PM, Blogger Di Left a thought...

There can never be too many, so my prayers will continue as well..

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

We prayed for Rebekah many times today and will continue to do so every day. My sons, Bradley 10, and Mathew 8, said a special prayer for Rebekah tonight during our bedtime prayers. Thankful and relieved to hear she made it through the surgery today.

God bless you all.

David in Cleveland.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

still praying for her recovery. hold on to GOD. He heals.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:46:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

A pink candle has been lit while saying a prayer with my youngest. When I told her of Rebekah she said " mom she will be okay, GOD takes care of little children." I know he does. And he is cradling little Rebekah in his loving arms. Please take care of yourselves too.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a thought...

I just found this. I want you to know that I am praying and I will post this on my site tomorrow. I'll keep up the prayers in the Bay Area.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

As always, your family is in our prayers, let God carry your burden, let him give you strength, let him guide your actions.
In Christ,
Allie

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My sweet Rebekah,
4 New women in the PRISM group were praying for you tonight and touched by your plight. Many will be coming to "eat" for yo. I have been praying every chance I get for you, my heart aches, I wish I could take the pain for you. I am praying for God's mercy, to take away you pain, and give you and mommy and daddy peace. He is with you all. Rest in him my little one, he is with you!

Love,
Tracey

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Still praying in Seattle...

She has been in my every thought all day and every thought has been a prayer.

Let the knowlege that our Lord has a plan give you peace and comfort you with the decisions that lay ahead. God bless your family.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 12:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Still praying in England. Sending you much love.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Here by way of Robin's blog to let you know folks in Florida are praying for you. What a heavy thing you carry! I wish you peace.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:36:00 AM, Blogger Colleen Left a thought...

Im praying for you and Rebekah as much as I can. God is giving you strength.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 4:25:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

May you feel the mighty Lord's peace and presence now more than ever.
Many prayers for your family coming from Nova Scotia.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 4:32:00 AM, Blogger Paul Left a thought...

Just to let you know that we are praying for Rebekah and the rest of the family daily.

Though, not a child I went through this in my own life, with cancer and surgery and often times the ones that gave me the greatest hope where the children.

My grandchildren, would often time just come up to me, lay their head on my shoulder and say grandpa, its going to be allright, we love you.

And to know that brought hope and to know that the Lord loved me, as he loves the little children, gave strength to me.

I will pray that the Lord will continue to watch over Rebekah, to encompass her about with His presence and that He will give strength to Rebekah,you and your family.

My grand daughters name is Rebekah also.

With prayers from Kennesaw,

Paul

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 4:42:00 AM, Blogger Karen Left a thought...

Prayers from Utah!

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 4:46:00 AM, Blogger Shelley Left a thought...

Will keep you in my prayers daily. "This too shall pass", I just trust in the Lord and although this seems so hard right now, just know there are many praying for you and although we don't know you personally, we truly do care. Huggs.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'm praying for you as well!

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:47:00 AM, Blogger amelia Left a thought...

Praying for you all in Florida

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am right there with you guys in heart and in spirit. I have her picture on my computer at home and at work, as well as the green bracelet so that I will pray for all of you during my day. God's grace, peace and mercy to you!

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Angel and I are prating for you all.I have had a hard time sleeping the last couple of nights so I sit and pray for your healing form all your pain and that the sores will go away.
Love always, Brandy and Angel

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:54:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

Shared your story with friends, more are praying. Please know you are loved, supported, and that many are at the throne on your behalf.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:59:00 AM, Blogger Cheryl Left a thought...

praying in British Columbia

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:37:00 AM, Blogger Godwyn Lim Left a thought...

There is hope, bringing the seed of faith...Why? How? I came across your website from another Sister in Christ...

I was diagnose from Colon Cancer Stage Duke in year 2003. Chemo & Radio theraphy came in quick as the doctors knew I do not have much long to live...

Knowing the Lord since 13 of age did not help as I was wondering 16 years in the wilderness, finally Jesus 'FOUND' me & healing leads me to the birth of a relationship with the Lord that Miracles just flow into my life, especially in the field of health!

Doctors declared there WAS NO HOPE by July 2003. I learn about Grace, our 'undeserved favor' through the convenant of Jesus cut between us and our Abba in Heaven, from a wonderful Church in Singapore, New Creation. I was prayed over 3 times with Pastor Lawrence [Who's 'cup' overflow with Jesus love!] councel me quite a number of times, nothing in depth, PURELY about the LOVE of Jesus Christ...

My healing came in 'Cheetah Speed'...when I receive the 'Grace' Message from Pastor Prince, [the most annointed Pastor in my person walk of life I came across so far preaching on Divine message of Jesus's Grace] In my progressive healing process, I passed out blood, I puke out blood and endured all the side effects of the medicine and theraphy, I hold on the Truth about Jesus.

I learn about the power of Holy Communion, the last supper, our Legacy given by Jesus before he was nailed on the cross from the Church. Daily, I proclaim I am HEALED in Jesus name.

Now in year 2005, I am standing as a medical miracle, on 60 fold healing going to 100 fold. That's the amazing Grace of God.

In Genesis, Sarah laugh when God promise them a child while Abraham was 99 years old. "And the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh, saying, 'Shall I indeed bear a child when I am so old?' IS ANYTHING TOO DIFFICULT FOR THE LORD?" Genesis 18:13-14

I know it is easy to speak while the pain is real. Yet, when all fail, there is Christ the Healer...

"For nothing will be impossible with God"...

By Jesus Broken Body, by his beatings HE bore, Rebekah is healed in a name above all, Jesus!

Rebekah - God's Child HE deeply loved!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...