Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Sunday, August 21, 2005



Jumping Ahead One Weak - Not For The Faint Of Heart

The previous post was a flash back to last Sunday. Now we are here, in reality.

Rebekah is being given morphine on a regular basis and she is clearly still in a lot of pain. Yesterday we saw a "spurt" of energy in that she actually sat in mommy's arms in the living room with the TV on for a while. It would be nice to say she "Watched" TV but even when Dora was on and daddy tried singing Back Pack Back Pack with her she did not move. Today she didn't have even that kind of energy.

Her mouth is totally covered with sores now and even just putting liquid medicine in by a syringe or a sippy cup causes pretty severe bleeding. Mommy is just about constantly putting special creams on her lips, face, etc. The burning close to her eye is clearly painful to her.

Please pray for the taking away of the side effects as well as for a way to better deal with the pain as we start another round of radiation tomorrow morning at 6am.

On a brighter note. Daddy just got back from a few minutes at "Banks' Days", a community fair and combine derby - yes, a combine smash into and disable the other combine derby of which Jeff Foxworthy would be proud. We sold about 35 bracelets at the couple of booths that were giving some space to a flyer and tub of bracelets for Rebekah. Thank you so much to Mindy and Carrie; Ray and Candy Deeth, Christine, and the Banks Chamber of Commerce; and the Banks High School Cheerleaders for giving some space on their tables to and helping Rebekah. Walking around the fair and seeing Rebekah's "Reach The Day" bracelets on peoples wrists really was heart warming. If you don't have one or know what we are talking about, go to www.HelpRebekah.com!

Here is our little one today during one of her more lucid moments. Maybe its hard for pictures to capture the whole essence of her pain, but this picutre really makes her look a lot better than she seems to mommy and daddy:

10 Shared:

At Sunday, August 21, 2005 5:39:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

I just want to hold her.....

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2005 5:48:00 PM, Blogger Pam Left a thought...

Precious child of God, Jesus knows your pain.

I just wanna take each of you in my arms and hold you tight...
praying for you all.

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2005 7:04:00 PM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

Your entire family are on my hearts daily, if not hourly. I am praying for this sweet precious girl and for each of you. I have no words other than our God is bigger than any of this, His will is soverign, His love is without end, and His mercy and grace are our hope.

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2005 7:21:00 PM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

praying for you always. Trying to spread prayer as best I can. Be lifted that people are thinking about all of you constantly. Praying for you.

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2005 9:50:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

Dear Father,

Rebekah is seriously ill to the point of severe pain, where even those looking at her, are feeling her pain. We have fear God, that she will only get worse and fear that she is suffering too much for a child to bear. I believe that you can and do heal today as you always have Lord, and before I ask that you heal Rebekah, I want to be cleansed of my sin. In the name of Jesus and by His blood, forgive me for the sins I have done, and cleanse me Lord. I want to abide in your vine tonight, in the secret place where I can commune with you and you with me. I need to feel your presence and to know you feel mine. I do Lord, I know you here me, thank you. Father, even now I pray that your power will go through this computer and into the hands that touch it, so that they can lay hands on Rebekah for your healing. In Jesus name I ask this Lord. YOu have given me so many things that I know were from you, answers to prayer, divine intervention, healing to my own son when all seemed lost. And Father, I humbly stand before you like a poor woman before a judge as I beg for your sympathy. Please hear us Father, please grant Rebekkah this healing. Keep her in your hands, keep her in your comfort. And then I close with this. Because of the wonderful Father you are, I trust your wisdom and I know that this child belongs to you. I know that you have heard my prayer and will do all that is best for your kingdom. In your Son Jesus' name, I pray, Amen.

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2005 11:24:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

Just me again, not so long winded this time. Of course, sometimes the wind is a good thing though, as the spirit moves one.

I'm doing the little I can do by praying for you all, but I'm also a graphic designer and so I created a button for your sweetie that I've placed on my sidebar as a reminder for visitors to pray for Rebekah. Please feel free to copy this button to offer to others if you wish or to place on your own sidebar.

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005 1:34:00 AM, Blogger That Guy Left a thought...

You are so very strong. I will be praying for you and will bring it up at church. God bless you.

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005 6:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Oh precious one,
we love you and are praying fo ryou many time a day. May you feel God's love and strength. To Scott and Francis, may God hold you in the palm of his hand and give you peaceful rest.
With Love,
Tracey, Russ, and the boys

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005 2:15:00 PM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

Heavenly Father, I don't even know where to begin, and what is most important to ask for. This little girl is in pain. She's hurting and mommy's and daddy's hearts are breaking. They are all exhausted and all the friends and family taking care of them are exhausted, too. So many people are praying for them, and Lord we lift up little Rebekah to you, that she may experience true healing and no more pain from her treatments.

Help this family to cast their burdens on you, Lord, and give them emotional and physical rest like they haven't ever known. Lord, I lift them all up to you, even sister, for you to hold them tight to your chest and give each one assurance that this will be OK in the end.

In Jesus name, Amen.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Very interesting.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...