Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Tuesday, August 23, 2005



A Fundraising Update

I am sorry - I do not have a Rebekah update as I have not heard from the hospital room yet this morning and I don't dare call over there just in case they are actually resting.

Mike and Mari, and then Carol's comments on the last post reminded me I needed to put this up here as well. For people in the Portland area, Pepper's Mexican Resturant at the corner of 10th and Baseline in Hillsboro is helping raise some money for Rebekah's trust.

From Thursday August 25th through Sunday August 28th they will donate 1/2 of the proceeds of any purchase of "tacos" to Rebekah. Make sure you let them know why you are there! They have also changed all of their print and radio advertising this week to include information about Rebekah! Thank you Enrique, Pablo and everyone at Pepper's!!!!!

In case you are wondering about their food I should let you know that I took a client there. The client is from Southern California, is 100% hispanic and was adopting a hispanic baby. He said he normally doesn't eat at Mexican resturants because his grandma was such a good cook that nothing compares. When we walked out after he had several different dishes he commented "don't tell, but that was BETTER than abuela (grandma) makes..."

3 Shared:

At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

I hope that the fundraising goes well, it's nice to see local business' caring for their neighbourhood like that.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:07:00 AM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

The Lord knows I love Tacos!

I will be going there this week also.

Lots of Praying going on Scott. I know that it lifts me up just to see the hearts of God's people. I also am praying specifically for you today. I know that you are worn out and tired and I just ask God to fill your tank. You are a man to be looked up to... Through this you have shown what the word "Father" truly means

God bless you guys

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:00:00 AM, Blogger CaS Left a thought...

Hope the fundraisin goes well..to bad Yakima isnt closer...

*~praying esp for you and your wife.. for rest and energy..*~

God Bless

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...