Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Wednesday, August 24, 2005



New Photos

We have been working on the Photo Album at www.HelpRebekah.com. If you would like to see some "nicer" pictures of Rebekah head on over there. The "regular photo pages" are just thrown up and need some work. The "Photo Timeline of Rebekah's Life" is new today.

12 Shared:

At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:08:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

I saw the photos and she is so cute. My daughter is 7 and her hair is only shoulder length, it's never really grown. I have only trimmed it twice. I'm thinking of ways I can help as I continue to pray.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:30:00 PM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

Heart melting smile.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:32:00 PM, Blogger Cheryl Left a thought...

Rebekah is such a beautiful little girl! I love the photo of her sleeping in her toys!

I continue to pray for Rebekah to respond to her treatments and medication, for God to grant the doctors wisdom, for you as you face tough decisions in the hours and days ahead, and for Sarah to be joy-bringer to those around her.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Please know you have another family praying for you during these tough times. There truly is power in prayer.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:49:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

I apologize for my previous comment. I was looking at the wrong photo album which had haircut photos in them and they were from an earlier much happier time. Paula just emailed me the link and it's painful to see these photos. (Hugs)

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

When I first Rebekah when I was helping teach her Sunday School class, I remember her standing out. I thought it was because of those curls that bounced when she hopped about. Now with the curls gone, the photo of her in her crib made me realize that it was her smile and lovely spirit that made her sparkle. The Lord is with her, and with your family. May he bless and keep you. As always, prayers from Seattle!

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:43:00 PM, Blogger Pam Left a thought...

Praying for your family...life is so tender. Rebekah...Jesus is holding you tight honey.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

It's all about those beautiful eyes, and that wonderful spirit. What a CHARMER she is!

Dear Lord, THANK YOU for touching ALL our lives with Sweet Rebekah, she is a blessing to us all. You are a Good and Glorious God. Father, please keep Rebekah and her family strong, Lord, you know better than anyone their pain, as you saw your own child suffer for us. Keep them strong, comfort them, and place your healing touch on this sweet little girl who has touched so many hearts, Let them feel your Holy presence.
In Your glorious name I pray, Amen

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Thank you for the photos, god bless you all. The photos were great she looks so much like little sarah :) take care.

Sarah Mathia

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:46:00 PM, Blogger CaS Left a thought...

No matter what your going through a child's smile melts your heart...

Still in my prayers

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

The tears are falling for you sweet Rebekah. I can't stop them now. I'm so sorry you hurt and I pray for you constantly. Russ and I prayed for you together, wisdom and stregnth for mom and dad. Peace and comfort for you. We LOVE you much. I can't believe how much your little sister looks like you, and you've got to be so proud of her walking now. Rest my little one, God is close to you, holding you in his gentle loving hands.
With sadness and hope,
Tracey and Russ

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

The tears are falling for you sweet Rebekah. I can't stop them now. I'm so sorry you hurt and I pray for you constantly. Russ and I prayed for you together, wisdom and stregnth for mom and dad. Peace and comfort for you. We LOVE you much. I can't believe how much your little sister looks like you, and you've got to be so proud of her walking now. Rest my little one, God is close to you, holding you in his gentle loving hands.
With sadness and hope,
Tracey and Russ

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...