Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Wednesday, August 24, 2005



Wednesday Update

As I was typing about being blessed mommy called. Rebekah had a rough night and they are not sure why. Her pulse is tachacardic (fast) sometimes as fast 180-200 beats per minte. They are looking for causes and right now they do not know why?

The pain medicines will often have the side effect of depressing or slowing the heart rate and this could be Rebekah's body trying to counteract that. At this point they are giving her more pain medicine to see what that does.

I guess this is one step forward and two steps back?

11:00am UPDATE: Rebekah's heart rate still continues high. She also has a pretty high fever and they are sure there is an infection somewhere. They have taken cultures and we don't have the results back yet so we do not know what to do to treat this.

They were able to give her some Tylenol down her feeding tube but that is it so far.

Based on her condition Radiation was again cancelled today. We can't go too many more days without everything we have done being for nothing. Last night we had a pretty frank discussion with the radiation oncologist about discontinuing treatment. We are being advised against such a decision on every front. So far we have heard what they have to say, had some time overnight to absorb it but have not talked between ourselves so I cannot say that there have been any decisisons reached.

Thank you for your continuing support - it is very uplifting.

35 Shared:

At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:55:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

More prayers heading up for dear Rebekah. Also for you that you may feel Christ's loving arms around you holding you close.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:29:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

1 Thess 5:17

Rebekah and her family are on my heart all day long

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

More prayers from Seattle...

Up most of the night praying for Rebekah and for the whole family. May God lift you up and give you comfort. Keep focused on that step forward and let the Lord worry about those steps back!

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:38:00 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou Left a thought...

I'm constantly praying for her and for you guys. Jesus said about the little children "for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these"... little children hold such a special place in His heart... your little Rebekah has touched my heart so trememdously. We serve a great and mighty God and nothing is too big for Him. Maybe there have been 2 steps back, but our "steps", no matter which direction, are so small in comparison to His greatness. Know that I'm praying here in Georgia! May you all have His "peace that passes all understanding." My God works miracles... I saw Him work many in and through my own mother... I'm praying expecting a miracle with your precious little girl!
In Him,
Cindy

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

You are all so strong to go through this. Hold on to one another and know that we are all here to lift you up when the burden get too heavy.
Much love to you and your family.
Robyn

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

We continue to lift Rebekah and her family up in prayer.
God is Good,
Allie

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:31:00 AM, Blogger Michele Left a thought...

Pausing to offer a prayer.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:41:00 AM, Blogger Clandestine Left a thought...

I was just directed to your sight by a friend. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the love of all of your family, friends, and these strangers will offer at least a little bit of comfort...

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:52:00 AM, Blogger KJ Left a thought...

Still praying for you all in England.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:56:00 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a thought...

I'm praying for you. I have spent a great deal of time praying and crying and lifting you up to Christ. I know He will be the strength that gets you through each day. I have passed your site along to my church and I have sent a plee for others, reading my blog, to pray for you, as well. I will be a prayer warrior for you guys. You are in my thoughts and (of course) my prayers.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:08:00 AM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

Scott
was good to talk with you last night. YOu are an amazing Father.
Will pray all day as I have been. Will try and get more people, always more people to pray and join with all of us on this journey of faith

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:34:00 AM, Blogger Vishwajith / വിശ്വജിത്ത് Left a thought...

dont worry - she is such a sweet child .
pray to god and believe in yourself.i will pray for my sweet rebekah

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I came across your blog while visiting Paul's blog. I am in a wonderful group called Legacy Of Hope http://www.legacyofhope.org/
We are a cancer support group. I encourage you to visit the link above and write to Lynn. I will pass on your blog on to our group and we will be in prayer for Rebekah and for you as well. God Bless

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 11:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Praying here in Michigan. I was led to your site by the Lord via Amelia's blog. I've put your poster on my office door which is by the copy machine, so many people will see it and pray. I pray that you will know His grace moment by moment as we hope for the day when sickness and tears will all pass away. Heather

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 11:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

We love you Rebekah and pray that God gives the Doctors and Mommy and Daddy the strength and wisdom to get you back to your healthy, happy and wonderful self we all love and we pray for your strength to get through this trying time in your life.
Love always Brandy and Angel and Ryan

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 11:48:00 AM, Blogger jac Left a thought...

If prayer is that it will save Rebekah, then my whole prayer is for her and if cries can save her then I do cry, as I always do when I am sad.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 11:53:00 AM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

Scott

prayers from all over. East coast, west coast, North , South, The UK, Nigeria, India, Wales, Austrailia...

See all of it and know that God is working through your little angel my friend...

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 11:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I pray God puts a peace over your family :)
Thank you for keeping us updated on what is happening. God Bless

-The Mathia-Nycz Family

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Joy Left a thought...

Your little girl is in my thoughts and prayers today as well.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 12:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hello from Sunriver. We're thinking of you constantly and wishing everyone strength and peace.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Rulan Left a thought...

Tears come to my eyes as I read of Rebekah. She came to mind many times after I found her page yesterday. May the infection and cancer stop. May her young, sweet heart calm and may she be the beautiful, healthy girl the Creator meant her to be. May the cancer shrivel to nothing and all flesh be made new. May she open her eyes and smile at mum and dad. May her heart be filled with joy. May she dance one day soon in your backyard just as she's meant to do. Do you have a NKJ Bible? Have a read of Matt 18:18-20 And may the Lord bless you.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Robin Left a thought...

I wish my words could take away even just some of the heavy burden that you are carrying. It must be so heavy. Anything I want to say sounds so hollow. My heart and my prayers are with you.

May God grant you physical and emotional rest. May the peace that passes all understanding fill your hearts and minds. He Himself is our peace. I pray that you feel His Presence through your pain and through the empty, lonely times. God, I ask that You grant strength in the inner place on a moment by moment basis. Show Yourself for Who You are God, a loving and compassionate Father Who cares for His children with an everlasting love. Wrap this love around Rebekah and her family and make it tangible in every little thing. Encourage their hearts with Your good and perfect gifts. Let them know that You see them, You know them, You love them and are with them despite what it may look like at any given moment. Grant Rebekah relief from her pain and her fear. Calm her heart Lord. Hold her and sing over her as You quiet her with Your love. My heart is in anguish because of all that Rebekah and her family are enduring right now. Without You Lord it would be impossible for them to bear it. Make Yourself so real to each of them. May they know that they know that they know that You are WITH them and FOR them. In the middle of the night when the question rings loudly in their thoughts, "Why Lord?", answer them with your overwhelming presence and put their hearts at rest. In Jesus precious Name, Amen.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:01:00 PM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

Scott I think you should put a guest map up on this site. People can flag where they live and we all can see how far prayer can stretch.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:08:00 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern Left a thought...

Man, this has got to be hard. Just hang in there and hand this over to the Lord to take care of. He will help her.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:12:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Continuing in prayer with tears of compassion for Rebekah and all of you. Only the Lord is holding you all up through His people at this time.

Love, Jodi and all OH Tuckers

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H Left a thought...

I know it's very rough trying to figure out what to do. Doctors will tell you one thing, yet at times it's obvious what they're prescribing isn't working. That's where God comes in.

I would never suggest that someone outright go against their doctor's advise. Instead, I will counsel that no matter what you decide, you (and we will all help with this) continue to lift Rebekah up in prayer, knowing that ultimately, God is the Great Physician. Whatever healing comes her way, it will be God's hands bringing it. We can't fully understand God's agenda--our brains are simply not sophisticated enough to grasp the fullness of the reality of Him--so we can't know what His ultimate will is in any particular set of circumstances. Our calling is to do what we can within our power, remaining true to God's overarching will, love and providence.

God's blessing continue to be on you, the entire family, and of course Rebekah.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:34:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

Up praying most of the night, Another pink candle will be lit to burn all night again. Prayers are going up constantly. I love to see all the people that are coming here.. Reading there messages made me cry. GOD works in amazing and wonderful ways. He is with you now and always. Rebekah will always be okay. Wether she is here with us on this side or if she goes to god on the other. LOOK!! How many people love and care for her!!!

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

We pray for your family daily. You are always in our hearts and never far from our thoughts.

Jen and Jason

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 2:02:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

I just keep hearing this verse over and over in my mind as I pray for you: 2 Corinthians 12:9 - And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

The Lord is working in ways far beyond what we can see -- IN and THROUGH Rebekah. Hearts are being touched - lives will be changed for eternity....know that we are praying....always...that the power of the Lord will rest upon Rebekah and that she will be completely healed.

With love from Pennsylvania,
Deb, Randy and Olivia

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 2:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I Feel like i have known Rebekah all of her life when i've never even met her. Just remember you are always in my prayers.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:11:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

My father up here in Canada told me that his church was praying for her last night. Dad said, "For some reason this little girl has touched my heart." I can understand because she has also touched mine.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Frances and Scott, I have been praying for your little Rebekah from the beginning when my dght Lori first told me of her. We serve a great and mighty God and He is able to do more then we can ever imagine. Trust in Him and lean on Him for understanding. He will never leave or forsake us. I have listed her name on our prayer chain at church and many, many people are praying for her and for you. Have faith, God is able.
Leanne from Pa.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:23:00 PM, Blogger Unknown Left a thought...

Prayers From Singapore! Aisa got covered also.

http://godwyn.blogspot.com/2005/08/holy-communion-health-and-wholeness.html
-From one of my bros.

She is healed!

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Rebekah ! I am so sorry you are not feeling too well sweetie, but please know many people are praying for you. my friend Lacresha asked everyone at Legacy of hope to pray for you. Some of us are cancer survivors too, and all of us have had loved ones with cancer, so we know a little about how hard it is for you, little one. The Lord loves you very much Rebekah, and so do we. God bless you and your family!

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Continuing to pray for Rebekah and telling others about all of you. I asked co-workers and my sister to pray for you. We remembered Rebekah in our bedtime prayers and will keep her in them.

May the Lord help you in every possible way.

Lots of prayers from Cleveland.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...