Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Friday, December 09, 2005



End of The Week

We made it through another week. Rebekah continues to generally improve (as expected) - just in time for next week's chemo. She continues to have diarrhea and a nasty diaper rash. I'm doing what I can to keep her bottom protected and getting her changed as quickly as possible. She continues, too, to have some pain, but it doesn't seem to be all the time.

This morning at about 6 am, Rebekah threw up all over everything. It would appear that her tummy was pretty full and that may have been the problem. There was a lot to clean up. Uugh! One more proof that we never know what to expect and we can't take anything for granted.

We are having a Helping Hands group from Our Place Church come tomorrow to help do some painting, so Mom and the girls will be leaving in the morning and not coming back until after chemo. We want to stay away from the fumes and smells. Sarah will stay with Grandma A and Rebekah (and Mommy) with Grandma M for Saturday night.

Sunday afternoon, we will celebrate Rebekah's birthday and then head to the hospital.

Next week's chemo is a 6 day stay. Although the stay is long, the drugs don't seem to knock her down quite as badly. Also, she does not have chemo running all day long, so she has a little more freedom.

Please keep us in your prayers this weekend (as we prepare to go to the hospital) and next week (while we are in the hospital).

13 Shared:

At Friday, December 09, 2005 11:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear Rebekah and family,
I am so sorry that it did not work out for us to get together today. I am praying that the next time you could use some help, that we will be avaliable to come your way. By the way, I need to send Rebekah a belated HAPPY 4th B'day!!! I pray that her b'day went great! I would think that it's safe to assume that you spoiled the b'day girl any way that u possibly could! I know I do with my sweet princess :) I am praying heavly for you all that your stay in the hospital goes very well! I look forward to hearin back from ya!

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am glad she has regained some stamina and strength in her body. I ask God to continue to protect Rebekah and to breath life and health to her whole body, every tissue and every cell Lord. Let her young soul cry out- great is the Lord, great are the things He has done for me! This I will believe for Rebekah!!

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 6:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Sweet Rebekah - I pray daily for you that God heals you completely and gives strength, hope, peace, and rest to you, mommy, daddy,and baby Sarah, and that He keeps you all in the hollow of His hands. Leanne from Pa

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 6:53:00 AM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

As you know, praying daily with love, Jodi in OH

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 8:59:00 AM, Blogger mommyguilt Left a thought...

Rebekah & Family - I found you through Griffin Blaise's Mom, Lora. I have my own Rebecca who is 13 (ironically, is kind of upset that I did not spell her name your way since her brother's are Joshua and Samuel). I have a place for all of you in my heart and in my prayers. I will continue to follow your journey each and every day and sending my thoughts out. Best birthday wishes Rebekah!!!!

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

Always always praying, I will come and get updates everytime I am near a computer with internet access. HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBEKAH!!!

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:44:00 PM, Blogger Andi Left a thought...

I am praying that she comes through the chemo well.

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

happy birthday to rebekah! i just found your site through mommyguilt and i am so glad to be here. you are a beautiful family and i will be coming back often and sending prayers daily.

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 6:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

happy birthday to rebekah! i just found your site through mommyguilt and i am so glad to be here. you are a beautiful family and i will be coming back often and sending prayers daily.

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 8:37:00 PM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

God bless you all as we continue to pray for your family to be held up.

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Thank you, Frances, for giving me one of Rebekah's precious cards when we met and chatted briefly this aft in line at Jo Ann Fabrics. My tears flowed as I saw her darling photo and charming smile. I just found this site and read your last few updates. I'm joining many others in lifting you up to the Lord Jesus. Only He can sustain you and Rebekah with the strength, peace and even joy that you need moment by moment. This journey is so hard but we can be sure that He cares. Just yesterday I reread Jesus words, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these." (Matt. 19:14) Darleen, Hillsboro, OR

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

as all ways you all will be in my prayers,
janice (huggs)

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:54:00 PM, Blogger David Edward Left a thought...

Praying for you all always

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...