Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Saturday, December 03, 2005



Counts Improving but Staying At Least Tonight

It has been one of those days. I (Mommy) have not felt well all day. I've be nauseous all day and just not well. I've tried to sleep as much as possible, but it hasn't helped much. Grandma M came down and has been helping to keep Rebekah entertained - which has been great. Grandma C had offered as well. I just feel like I need a week to just sleep and do nothing else. Oh how I wish that were possible.

Rebekah's counts are up today, so she seems to have turned the corner. Her White Blood Count was 1.2 today (from 0.3 yesterday). She really needs the White Blood cells to help her fight the fevers and help her mouth to heal. We still want to see more of an increase before heading home, so we will be here for at least one more night.

Rebekah has been a little more active today, which is an improvement, too.

When her mouth is sore like this, she does not open it for anything. She's not eating, drinking or taking any of her medications by mouth or using her verbal skills much. She WILL NOT open her mouth for the doctor (or nurse or mom) to look. Yesterday, we had to force her to open and it was clearly sore. Otherwise she just clenches it closed.

Last night, Rebekah wasn't doing real well with her nutrition. She got herself worked up and threw up a couple of times - not much volume but still a bit of a mess. Then, at about 3 this morning she coughed and caused herself to throw up. This time, it was a bigger volume and we stopped her food for a while. We are still diluting it some with PediaLyte, but it is only about 1/4 PediaLyte.

Rebekah's temperature has stayed down. It is still a little higher than normal, but hasn't been getting real close to "fever". That is a good thing. With her white counts improving, she should be getting better.

Her blood cultures and stool cultures have all come back clear. There was no sign of C.Diff in her stool, so that is good. She is still having diarrhea, which is expected with the antibiotics, but no fun to deal with.

6 Shared:

At Saturday, December 03, 2005 7:26:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a thought...

I have posted a new link from my site to yours. I used one of Rebekah's gallery photos. I lost the URL for the standard "Prayers for Rebekah" link. I will keep the current one, unless you guys don't want me to use it. I'm still praying for you. Today, I'm praying that you (Frances) are healed and that you get the much-needed rest you long for.

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2005 12:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear Lord, I pray to you now that you help Rebekah's white blood count to come up where it needs to so that she can fight off her fever and so that her mouth can heal. I pray yet again that you lift this disease out of her body, Lord. And I pray for Rebekah's mom, that she feel better, and get the rest that she needs. I pray for Rebekah's father, and the rest of the family that they all hold tight and see Rebekah through this awful time. I pray that the time will come where they are through with the hospital visits, and Rebekah can be free of this sickness, so that she can run and play like a vibrant, healthy little girl. In your name I pray, Amen.

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2005 5:26:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

Cheering you on and praying as always.....

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Daddy God, would you please take Frances in your arms and soothe her mind,body and spirit. Let any rest she gets be perfect and complete restoration. Your perfect love restores and heals all things. This I pray for Scott,Frances,Rebekah and Sarah.Amen.

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:18:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

I won't be online for awhile. I want you to know I am praying. All the time. All of your are always always always in my thoughts.
Sweet little Rebekah, I hope you feel better soon soon soon. I will pray for quick healing and increased white blood cells. And no more fevers, mom get some sleep!
All my love is sent to you tonight through gods angels.

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:43:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Praying, too....always with love, Jodi

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...