Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Friday, December 02, 2005



Another Day

It wasn't a real good night. Rebekah continues to not feel real well. It is clear that she is in pain, her nose continues to run and she's been doing A LOT of little sneezes and she continues to drool. I'm sure that her mouth is sore based on how she's keeping it closed and how much she is drooling. Rebekah would, periodically, wake up screaming. Her temperature continued to spike throughout the night.

At 1:30 am or so, I went out to the nurse's station to check and see when she had last been given Benadryl and Morphine and if she could have more. She had recently gotten her dose, so she couldn't have more.

As I was standing there talking with the nurses, I got really dizzy (room spinning). They noticed that I had gotten really pale and offered me a chair, so I sat down. However, I wanted to lay down. They wheeled me into Rebekah's room on the chair and I took a few steps over to the bed. Then I felt I was going to throw up, so they got me a basin. A little while later, I checked my blood sugar (just to make sure) and it was well within normal range. When I was up a little later (getting Rebekah some ice water) the nurses asked if I had eaten anything today, which I had. I'm not really sure what the dizzy spell was all about. I'm feeling better this morning, but not 100%.

Between the alarms, the waking/screaming fits, and my not feeling well, I didn't get much sleep.

When the nurse came in around 8:30 to check on Rebekah, her diaper was overflowing and had soaked the pad under her. So she changed Rebekah and the pad. About 9:30, I could hear that Rebekah was having a bowel movement. I gave her a minute or so, to make sure she was done, and then went to change her. She must have shifted in her diaper and none of it made it into the diaper - what a mess. I was able to get a stool sample for testing and got Rebekah changed and cleaned up and into the chair, so that her bed could be remade.

Amy with Physical Therapy showed up just then and asked how we were doing. I told her we needed a complete bed remake and she went to get our nurse. While Rebekah sat in the chair, Amy played with her while making her work her muscles.

Blood cultures are negative so far. We are continuing with the antibiotics and "wait and see" mode. It has been more than 24 hours since she last threw up. Let's pray that continues.

11 Shared:

At Friday, December 02, 2005 11:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My prayers are with you...

: ) Chris

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 12:48:00 PM, Blogger Aggiema (Michelle) Left a thought...

There is some type of virus going around our area that comes on with dizziness like you are experiencing. Several in my family have had it, it takes awhile but it goes away and it is not as severe after the initial onset of dizziness. I hope this was just a fluke thing because I know the last thing u need it to be sick. I will pray for rapid recovery for both you and Rebekah! Hang in There!

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

Praying strength for you too Frances. Perhaps you are so drained emotionally and physically that your body is protesting. Keep leaning on Jesus and trusting in His wisdom.

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 1:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My dear rebekah
I m so sorry to here that you're having quite a time of it right now.I'm always praying for you,sweet little one
Big hugs to all
paul laroche

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 4:28:00 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie Left a thought...

Am still praying!

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 4:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Keeping you all in my prayers. Hugs.

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 6:23:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Praying in OH, too....love, Jodi

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 7:58:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a thought...

Boy do I know the "watch and wait" method. It's funny you posted that, because that's the title of my latest blog. That's what we're doing with my dad.

I'm praying for you... Still... Always...

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 9:10:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

I am so sorry that Rebekah is having such a rough time, and I hope that you're doing better today, too. I have been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers, even though I haven't had the chance to stop by your blog recently. Please take care!

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 9:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I just wanted to let you know I am keeping Rebekah close in my thoughts.

 
At Saturday, December 03, 2005 6:10:00 PM, Blogger mtcutie Left a thought...

oh dear,

It's my first time here and I'm so very sorry that your little girl is going through this. It breaks my heart to see little kids suffering.

Although I don't believe in prayer I will definately send all my good energy Rebekah's way... she will be in my thoughts.

mt

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...