Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Tuesday, November 29, 2005



Rough Night & Rough Morning

We switched her nutrition to all pedialyte to see if she would keep that down and slowed the rate. She seemed to do better with that than with the formula or a mixture of both, but she still has coughing fits and vomiting.

She is now on both the Reglan and Prilosec, so hopefully we will see some improvement. I'm not convinced that the acid reflux is the only problem, but we will wait and see.

She has been fever free for 24 hours, but I still worry about it coming back. Her temperature is still somewhat elevated.

She was up several times during the night, alarms were going off and I didn't get much sleep. I'm tired, cranky and my allergies are acting up (as they always do in the hospital).

This morning, Rebekah wanted up in my arms, so I picked her up. When I layed her back down, I apparently got her g-tube pinned and pulled it out. Uugh! I called for a nurse and they put it back in. At least this time, we were in the hospital and not an hour away. I always try to be careful, but occasionally something like this happens. She does not like having it put back in.

The Portland Winterhawks (Ice Hockey team) had their Teddy Bear toss over the long weekend and they are coming to the hospital today to hand out Teddy Bears to the kids. They want some families that are willing to be "media" families with all the fanfare that entails. We filled out the necessary releases for that, so maybe Rebekah will be on TV. Hopefully she will be feeling ok when they are here.

Rebekah keeps saying that she wants to go bye bye. Usually, I can satisfy her with taking a wagon ride or something similar. However, with her counts pretty low (and dropping) it is best to stay in the room. She is definitely NOT happy with that.

We still don't know what the plan will be for going home. We'll have to wait and see what the Oncologist has to say today.

Daddy is at home. He has so much work to do and clients this afternoon, so he chose to stay home. I know it is hard for him to be away from us and not able to "pop" over to the room at a moment's notice. We are hoping that we will get to go home and see him at home.

5 Shared:

At Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:01:00 AM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

Hey there. I hope She is feeling better today. I was at the Teddy Bear toss game. They collected 21,067 bears! I have video of the Teddy bears flying all over the ice when the Winterhawks scored their first goal. I will post it the next couple of days. I hope you guys have a good week. Praying for you as always

 
At Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

I hope rebekah starts to feel better soon. Poor little darling. I will as always keep her in my prayers. She is always in my thoughts. Positive energy coming your way.
I hope she gets one of those bears:)

 
At Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear Lord, I pray that you help to lift this disease out of Rebekah's little, frail body. I pray Lord, that you ease her from having to cough, and throw up. Help her to get some rest so her body is allowed to heal, as her parents both need some much needed sleep and rest too.
In your name I pray, Amen.

 
At Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:51:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

I hope she gets feeling better this week. There's a big day coming up for her next week. I remember because Maddy's birthday is the same day.

 
At Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

praying for improvement and the ability to go home

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...