Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Friday, November 25, 2005



A Not So Good Day

Rebekah has been throwing up all day. I'm sure I've changed the bed at least five or six times today. The laundry machine has been going non-stop and it's only been bedding and clothes and such from her vomiting episodes. It is hard to keep medications in her when she is throwing up so much.

Tonight I tried to back her down to Pedialyte (hoping that would keep her hydrated and stay down), but the pump kept erroring saying that it was empty. After trying a few things and calling the home health company, I had to add a little formula to it so that the pump can see the liquid. I'm hoping she will keep it down and then I can start to add a little more formula to get her back up again. If she continues throwing up, I'll have to call the doc and see what else to do.

We did manage to make it to Grandma M's and Grandma A's for Thanksgiving dinners. Rebekah did ok. We did keep her off her nutrition while we were out and about. We didn't want her getting sick and having problems and she wasn't asking to have it connected. She doesn't like being tied to a pole. With other kids around, she has to be watched very carefully if she's connected since one wrong tug could mean a trip to the ER. All things considered, we decided to keep her nutrition off most of the day.

Rebekah woke up about 1:30 this morning, upset. I got her some medicines and put her back to bed. About 2:30 she was coughing, screaming and throwing up. She woke Sarah up in the process. I got Daddy to help with Sarah. I got Rebekah changed, her bed changed and put back to sleep and layed back down. Sarah continued to fuss and cry and not go back to sleep. I'm not quite sure what her problem was. A little Tylenol and a sippy cup of water and enough time and she finally went back to sleep, but it wasn't until around 5am. Mommy didn't get much sleep.

I couldn't get both girls to sleep at the same time today, so I never got a chance to take a nap. Maybe, I'll get to bed a little early tonight. Hopefully, the girls will sleep well tonight. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time... That is about all I can do.

8 Shared:

At Friday, November 25, 2005 11:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear Rebekah and fam,
I am so sorry that you all are having such an awful day(s)! It's so not fair that she has to go through all of this. I truly wonder if she is throwing up so much because her body wants the chemo/meds etc. out of her. When it comes to life, there are so many choices that we have to make, especially as parents. What to do, what not to do. You pray so much that you're making the right decisions. I pray that God helps you to know what the right choices are, what is the right thing to put into your weak, frail little angel. You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers. I feel like you are part of my own family. Hope you all get some good quality rest.

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005 12:58:00 AM, Blogger The other me Left a thought...

I am just so incredibly in awe of your family! Such strength and devotion and patience. I am convinced that Rebekah being sent to you was no mistake, I just know that the Lord is so proud of you as parents and is watching you and this little girl every second of every day. I am praying that Rebekah's strength and good health returns very soon so we can read about how rested you feel and how strong she is getting. Helen.

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005 2:44:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

I don't even know what to say today other than I'm sorry things are not going well. Prayers continue.....

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005 5:27:00 AM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Praying right now at this computer for supernatural rest and strength for Frances, for Rebekah to not be vomitting, for daily, moment-by-moment grace for all of you. I wish I could hop into God's mind right now and know His ways for this whole Rebekah's life journey. But, Isaiah 55 is clear that His ways are not our ways. Continuing to pray for you with love and compassion, Jodi

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005 7:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am sorry for such a rough day on Friday. Praying for a much more comfortable and rested day for you all. Blessings!

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005 2:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Dear Rebekah and family
It's up and down isn't it?Everytime I visit and see that beautiful angel and know that she's having a tought go of it,I want to cry.You have my prayers and I'm always thinking of you

 
At Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:37:00 AM, Blogger Andi Left a thought...

I am praying for Rebekah. I think that she is an incredibly strong little girl.
:-)

 
At Monday, November 28, 2005 8:48:00 AM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

Praying for you folks always, but especially for Mommy to get rest that she so desperately needs to be able to take care of the little ones.

**hugs** to all of you

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...