Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Sunday, November 20, 2005



Sunday AM / Packing and THANK YOUs

We are packing up here, Sunday morning.  It is going to be difficult to leave as we have had a wonderful time.  It didn’t work out the way it was supposed to (with Steve and Pat not being able to join us but it did work out.  Especially delightful to us was the ability to meet a “new” friend Ashley and have her help this week.  THANK YOU ASHLEY! And as if that were not enough, Ashley's family even had us over for dinner last night.   

Several have commented about what Frances meant by being lazy.  Well, you should know that it meant taking care of a household including meals, dishes, laundry etc.  It also meant being up every couple of hours day and night to solve Rebekah’s problems, including bedding changes and just holding.  And to top it all off, it meant she was up early, this packing day, to make our favorite breakfast in the world, sausage gravy and biscuits.  In the middle of trying to pack to leave (which is in itself a 3 hour plus job) she was up doing that.  She is a great woman!

Another thing that I don’t often do here is draw major attention to specific people that have helped us.  I think the main reason is that SO many people have helped that I am afraid to start because you all deserve the attention here.  That said, there is one family, the Dunhams, that I have just have to point out.  You may have noticed their name in the middle of the gratitude page of www.HelpRebekah.com, or you may have not.  The Dunhams are our regular babysitter taking care of Sarah when we are in the hospital and cannot do so.  And now, they are the angels who have provided this last week’s vacation too – basically all expenses paid.  I hadn’t written it to do so, but as I was printing out the “thank you” that I put in their guestbook, it occurred to me that it ought to be here as well.  Here it is:



11/14-11/20/2005.

I will type because you can’t read my handwriting.  I hope Frances will write something to be a bit more personal.

I spent breakfast this morning reading through the guest book.  Most of the time I had tears flowing down my face because of the wonderful generosity you have.  I guess it doesn’t surprise me to know that we are not the only ones that you are SO wonderful to.

Having you take care of Sarah the past few months while we have been in the hospital with Rebekah has put you on par with the angels.  You have allowed our family, or at least my daughter to live a somewhat normal life in the middle of all of this turmoil.  We thank you so much for that.  The love for people that you have in your hearts is evidenced in everything you do and very clearly in this wonderful home even when you are not here.

It has been many many years since I have had a vacation at Sunriver and the first time that Frances or either of the girls has.  Coming to such a beautiful place and staying in such a beautiful home has been a great respite.  We have not done much (except chase girls around which has been a 24 hour job), but we did get to Mt. Bachelor, to the High Desert Museum and to visit some friends and family.  We really REALLY want to be able to come back some time, please!

We feel blessed 10x more than we could ever dream to have you in our lives and be able to count you as friends.  You won’t realize it reading this but I have to keep stopping to cry as I think about how wonderful you have been to us.  I guess that says what is in my heart more than any other words I could write so I will say the only words that I can think of yet again:  Thank You.  

-Scott, Frances, Rebekah and Sarah too.
www.HelpRebekah.com

Please join us in thanking Debbie and Brian Dunham for ALL that they have done for us.  I (or they) might come to regret it, but their email is:  “debbie @ dunhamfamily.org”   (Remove the Spaces).

Pray for a safe trip home and a quick, basic stay in the hospital starting tomorrow morning.  

7 Shared:

At Sunday, November 20, 2005 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Corry Left a thought...

I am thankful you enjoyed your vacation and all went well. May God bless you with a safe trip home. May His blessings be on tomorrow and may He strengthen y'all. May Rebekah be healed soon.

Praying for y'all,

God's Grace.

 
At Sunday, November 20, 2005 1:35:00 PM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

Praising God for the wonderful time you had while away , and asking Him for continued blessings as you head home and back into the routine....

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 5:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I have been out of town since Wednesday. Getting caught up on your blog, I am happy for you all and for another huge answer to prayers. God's grace, peace and mercy is evident and I pray for His continued covering over you all as well as providing for your every need and wants. Praying for a smooth week of chemo for Rebekah as God strengthens her and heals her. Blessings!!

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 2:15:00 PM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

May God Bless them ten fold for the gifts they freely give. It is always beautiful to see people that reflect Christ

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 2:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Rebekah continues to be in my prayers. I am so pleased your vacation went good. Keep trudging, we are rooting for you!

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 3:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Rebekah and family
I am so happy for you,that you had a great vacation.You're always in my thoughts and prayers.
Big hugs

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:21:00 AM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

What wonderful souls are these people! God bless them, and you folks too!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...