Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Saturday, November 19, 2005



Saturday Update

Believe it or not, at the moment, both girls are sleeping quietly. Not sure how long it will actually last, but thankful for the time anyway.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Mommy and the girls hung out at home while Daddy worked (Suit and tie and to the courthouse). Other than Dad's trip out in the morning, we pretty much hung out at home. Mom's cousin Heather and her family came out for dinner and we ordered Pizza (thanks again to a gift certificate). It was good to see them and spend some time visiting. Kelbe and Morgan helped by playing with the girls while the adults visited.

When I went to put Rebekah to bed, I noticed that Rebekah's dressing around her central line was coming off and the "tubes" were not looped up like they should be. So I called for Daddy to help with a dressing change. Rebekah does not care for the dressing changes, but it really needed to be done. The dressing was coming undone enough that it was no longer sterile, the tubes no longer had any protection against pulling (ie. the loop) and I wanted to see the site to make sure that everything looked just fine (which it did). While we were taking care of the dressing change, our guests were tidying up for us - clearing the table, etc... Thanks!

The girls slept pretty well last night. I'm having some trouble sleeping and not exactly sure why - different noises, worried about the girls, the allergies or cold that I'm dealing with, stress, who knows...

Daddy was up early this morning trying to do some "urgent" work. After a bite of breakfast, the girls and I headed in to the outlet mall where we met up with Ashley (who is here helping us out again today - yipee) and did a little shopping. We did find a few things - a nutritional supplement to help with Rebekah's mouth sores, some flannel two piece jammies for Rebekah (the footie jammies don't work well right now because she needs to be connected to her nutrition over night) and some slippers for Rebekah (she had outgrown her last pair and you can't buy slippers during the summer-uugh!). This time, I bought her current size and the next size.

Then we came back to the house and got some lunch, put the girls down for naps and worked on a little laundry. It has been a lazy couple of days. At least, I'm feeling a little lazy. I haven't had much energy to do much of anything, so I guess it is ok to be lazy once in a while. Sarah got a bath and is back down for another nap (her first one wasn't very long). So we are getting some things accomplished. Ashley has been a great help! Her help makes it possible for me to get some things done and not have to worry about the girls.

Tonight we will be going to Ashley's house and having dinner with her family and then tomorrow we will be heading for home and getting ready to be back in the hospital Monday morning.

7 Shared:

At Saturday, November 19, 2005 3:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

this is my first visit here, and I don't know if i can keep from crying. my son goes to school with a boy who has been battling cancer for close to 3 years now and he is the sweetest kid you would want to meet. but i'm kind of torn up about it, because his cancer is back, and i fear that one of these days, my son is going to school and Jackson won't be there anymore.

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2005 3:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Sounds like there are alot of ups and downs. I hope that mommy gets alot of rest. I'm praying for your family always, and thinking of you. :) Loads of hugs.

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2005 5:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Rebekah and family
Stopping in to say hello and send big hugs to you all.you're always in my prayers

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2005 5:39:00 PM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

So glad you are having so much fun!

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2005 5:44:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

I really hope mommy is able to get some sleep. Just reading this sometimes makes me feel exhausted. I don't know how you do it all.
I hate knowing that Rebekah has to go to the hospital again, and knowing that she will be feeling icky again. Blech. I will pray and pray and pray that she has no problems with this week.Smoothe sailing only!!!!!

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2005 8:08:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

Have a safe trip home! I am so glad that you had the chance to be "lazy" for a change. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you when you return to the hospital (it's not my favorite place to be, either!).

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2005 9:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Glad you were able to have a couple of "lazy" days (why do I think your definition of lazy probably still includes getting more stuff done in an hour than I do in a day). Awesome that they were overall good days too. Good luck on Monday!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...