Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Friday, November 11, 2005



Some Good Times, Some Bad Times

It has been another one of those days. Over the past 24 hours or so, there have been several times where both Rebekah and Sarah have been screaming inconsolably. Mommy is frustrated, not being able to quiet them both down. Rebekah seems to be in pain. Either her mouth, throat, tummy or bottom seem to be hurting and she will just start to wail, seemingly out of the blue. Sarah seems to be dealing with teething pain. They have both gotten pain medications in one form or another.

Mixed in with those times, there have been good times. A little earlier today, they were watching a Dora DVD on the TV in the playroom and were both dancing during one of the songs. Mommy had to smile, watching them. A while later, Rebekah took one of the throw pillows and layed it on the floor and then layed down on it. Just after she layed down, Sarah came over and layed down on the pillow, too. It was really cute to see. Then, Sarah got her own pillow and layed on it (head off one end and feet off the other end with her butt in the air).

Sarah has been pretty "needy" the last few days. Maybe it is teething, maybe just not feeling well (she's had a runny nose, too), or maybe just wanting attention. A few times, when Sarah was upset, Rebekah would go to her and try to calm her down - talking to her, giving her a hug, taking her by the hand, etc... Other times, Rebekah would tell Mommy that Sarah needed to go Night Night. She sure is looking out after her little sister.

The girls have been showing each other quite a bit of affection. Rebekah has been giving Sarah hugs and kisses at bedtime. Sarah will see Rebekah sitting on the floor and go over to her and sit with her (like in her lap, half on top of Rebekah). It is good to see them enjoying each other.

More hurdles are being thrown in the way of vacation. Please pray for peace of mind as we work through the details.

The house feels like a disaster area, but I don't know what to do about it. The living room needs painted before some of the furniture gets moved around. (The remodel cut a doorway from the living room into the playroom, so the area around the new opening needs paint - which realistically means the entire room.) The playroom needs trim completed before we totally set up the furniture. Do I unpack the books and things back onto the bookshelves which are temporarily put into the entry way into the playroom, or do I wait (leaving the boxes covering the dining room floor) in the hopes that we will be able to get shelves built soon. And the list goes on... Uugh! In so many ways, I just don't know where to start and am so overwhelmed (not to mention exhausted) to do anything - which really isn't helping matters.

8 Shared:

At Friday, November 11, 2005 4:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Wow. I'm so glad the girls are getting along and acting like regular sisters. My sister and I use to be at each other one moment and inseperable the next! :-D
I hope the pain will go away soon for those deal little girls. I pray that the vaction hurdles turn out to be small ones and are easily overcome..
You are all in my thoughts and prayers and heart.
hugs,
~Molly~

 
At Friday, November 11, 2005 7:52:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

It does sound like they are acting like sisters and great playmates! I bet that is such a wonderful feeling. . . You remain in my prayers. And, if you don't mind, please say a quick prayer for my daugher, too, who's been in the hospital this past week. Thank you.

 
At Friday, November 11, 2005 8:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am sorry that both Sarah and Rebekah seem to be hurting lately. But it must warm your heart to see them so affectionate with each other. I have a 2 year old and I am about to have my 2nd daughter in January. I dont have a sister, but I am really glad that my daughter will have one.

I can relate to feeling out of sorts when the house is not in order.

I just wanted you to know that I continue to think about Rebekah and pray that things get easier for your family.

Tina

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 1:31:00 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern Left a thought...

I don't know how you handle all that you do and remodeling too. It would wear me out. Glad the girls are showing so much love to each other.

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 4:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'm from Thailand n' I'm not good in ya language but I just wanna say that I'm now praying for her U_U

Joy

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Precious moments...

Keeping you in my prayers.

: ) Chris

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and keep you and your family in my thoughts. ~Kate

 
At Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

It's great how sibs can seem to get along so well together when it's truly needed. I pray the pain will lessen and that the vacation will be accomplished as planned.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...