Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Wednesday, November 09, 2005



One of those days

Did you ever have “one of those days?”  So many things were going so good today that you would just have to think nothing could go wrong.

Friend Karen and son Ian came over today and sat with the girls all day long so mommy could get out to appointments, some shopping etc.  Mommy really really enjoyed being out and it was good for her.  The girls played well with Ian and generally had a good time.

Daddy had some new, nice clients today and was able to wrap up a lot of work.  Grandpa came out and mowed the lawn and played with Rebekah a while.  And the weather was really nice.

Ok, so why not so good?  I, daddy, am really frustrated.   Number one and most important to me, Rebekah is having some problems that don’t seem to go away.  In fact, they seem to be getting worse.  Her left eye was only open ½ way at most today and she very clearly seems to be favoring her right eye.  She wants to eat so bad but after the first or second bite of anything in her mouth she coughs, throws the food and screams in pain.  She is constantly saying/signing “owie” and pointing to her mouth.  I am afraid the radiation effects are starting to take toll and it really hurts to see your little girl hurting.

In addition I have a couple of emergency cases that I am trying to figure out how I can get them done before we head off for a vacation – I don’t want to ruin our shot at a vacation because I can’t get them done.  Then we had an electrical problem at home today.  One circuit went “bad” and doesn’t seem to work. It covers part of my office, the laundry room and some of the outside lights (as well as the overhead light in the girls’ new playroom.)  I can’t figure it out (male frustration here) and don’t know who to call.  Ugh.  

Then I look at all the work that needs done to get the van ready to go if we can go on vacation.  More hours that I don’t know where they are going to come from.  And oh ya, did I mention there is a flat tire on the camping trailer we live in at the hospital and we need to get that fixed too to be able to leave for the hospital the day we come back from vacation????  

On top of Rebekah’s problems, I feel like so many hurdles are being thrown in the way of getting to get away and that’s pretty tough.  How about that – it’s not Friday, we’re not at the hospital and I’m ranting anyway.  

How about some prayer covering please!

20 Shared:

At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

The enemy seeks to destroy- but God is Almighty!
The Lord is good. When trouble comes, He is a strong refuge. Nahum 1:7
Put your focus on God, trust in Him and he will calm the waters. Be still and know that I am God!
Those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31.

Dear Lord, I lift my brother and his family up to you. I ask that you calm the waters, send relief and carry them to their vacation place for a time of renewal. We all need Your strength Lord- we all need you! Thank you for the miracles we have already seen and thank you for those to come! In your precious Son's name, Jesus Christ, Amen!

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I would have to say, I second the motion to praise the Lord with an Amen to that first comment. I pray nothing but the very best for you and your family, I pray that all smooths over so that you all get the muchly needed and earned rest and relaxation that you need. You are all in my prayers now and always.

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I came across your blog tonight and some of it gets hard to read. I brings up some memories I have that are painful. Ihave not gone through what you have gone through but painful hard times where I felt all alone and hopeless at times and all I could do was pray and cry.Things did get better and I learned so much from that huge trial.Mostly blessings come daily if you watch for them and I learned to make life simple and do only what I really had to do to keep the family going.So many things were no longer important. you are so very lucky because you have so many people who love and support you and your family. cherish them and try to find something fun to do everyday and something to smile about or even laugh and remember those times.You are strong and you are handleing things very well...I can tell from your words.You and your family can get through this and you will be stronger and closer for it.Heavenly Father knows your pain and he will never leave you or your daughter alone.I will pray for peace that a peaceful calm feeling will come and abide with you and your family and with rebekka.Hang in there and stay strong.... you will make it! donna

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I agree, with they say about the first post,
Amen to that!
praying
huggss form missouri

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 3:33:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

and yet another amen to comment #1.....

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:07:00 AM, Blogger Corry Left a thought...

I understand the frustration. Everything seems to work against you, but nothing is as it seems. God knows all about it and all will go according to His Will. We can rest assure in the knowledge that when we do our part, God will do His. Even though sometimes things don't go the way we would want them to go, there is a reason for it. And God only has our best in mind.

Keeping y'all in our prayers.

God's Grace.

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Rebekah and family
sending big hugs and prayers from
canada
later
paul

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:25:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

Always in prayer, now specifically for these needs.

Anon with the first comment hit it head on.

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:58:00 AM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie Left a thought...

The verse that came to my mind as I read about all the work and stuff that needs to be done; the new problems (re: lights) that popped up...this is the verse that came to me for you:

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

I know that is a fairly common verse and it may seem like I am just giving a pat answer/verse, but rest assured, I am not.

I will continue my prayers for you and the family.

Have a Christ filled day!

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:01:00 AM, Blogger Clandestine Left a thought...

Jojo's (jojolovesjesus.blogspot.com) daughter has joined Maggie in heaven. Please keep her family in your prayers.

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I have a 4 yo niece, Felicia. that ressembles your daughter quite a bit. I don't know if I would have the strength that you have if something like this happened to her.

I have lost a childhood friend to leukimia 13 years ago. It wasn't wasy, but I have come to accept that his suffering has ended, and our worries as well. I have never forgotten him to this day.

Though I have lost my faith a long time ago, I will pray nonetheless for a miracle, for Rebekah's sake.

Stay strong!

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Is there anyone in your church who might be able to help with the tires and getting you guys ready for your much needed vacation?
I will pray that these immediate needs are met soon so you can enjoy yourselves as a family without the worries hanging overhead. I will pray that you find the help you need in the future days.
Amen to the prayer from Annony. and God Bless everyone who is reaching out to help, through words and through deed and through prayers.

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Rebekah and family,
I pray you are able to go on this much needed vacation. I have to believe in my heart that someone out there will be able to help or know someone who can help.
Know that you are all thought of in my prayers and in my heart.
Hugs to all,
~Molly~

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

When "stuff" piles up on me I always try to laugh. There's a great line from Jimmy Buffett: If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane. There are days that I keep that close to my heart.

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Rant on, my friend. That's one of the blessings of a blog site AND great friends to share your frustrations and pray with/for you. There are so many of us that are just in awe of the way you (and Frances) hold it all together. So obvious your strength comes from our Lord.
Praying for you daily,
Jo

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:57:00 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a thought...

Ask you and will receive.

I'm praying for you right now.

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Father God, meet their every need. Cover Scott with your peace and grace. Thank you Lord.

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Those everday problems are like a slap in the face...it is Gods way of saying life is not passing you by.

I hope everything works out for your vacation.

Stay strong our prayer are with you.

: ) Chris

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am not religious but I do have faith. Surely someone is watching over Rebekah and I wish you well.

AL

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Scott, if you were not ranting, we'd need to take _your_ temperature. ;)

Hope you can get the electrical stuff figured out, and the doc's can figure out Rebekah's "owies".

Hang in there.

cp

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...