Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, November 03, 2005



Thursday Update

It has been a long day. Rebekah, once again, was awake early this morning - about 5 am. She wanted medicine for her owies and to go byebye in her wagon. She got the medicine, but was told it was still nightnight time and needed to go back to sleep. She didn't fuss too much and did fall back asleep and woke up again about 9 am.

Once she was awake, she wanted out of her room. I explained that Mommy needed to eat something and get dressed and then we needed to get Rebekah changed and the wagon cleaned out (it was mounded with toys and things) and then we could go. We put on Dora and she sat mostly patiently. Once I ate, I had to explain the remaining things that needed done before we could go. And so it went, but she kept asking and wasn't screaming.

We headed out for a wagon ride. All day long, she wanted to go out in her wagon. She was not at all happy when we needed to be in her room. By this evening, we had run the battery down to where it was beeping and needed to be plugged in.

The results from her stool sample were back and no c.diff. So that is good. Her blood counts showed a very low hemoglobin count, so she needs a red blood transfusion. They will start it here in the next little bit. They needed to wait until her chemo was complete and the bladder protectant iv completed (which is just about done - it runs for 10 hours).

Mid-afternoon today, we came back into the room. I don't remember why, but before we could head out again, I told Rebekah that I needed to make one phone call. She was sitting in the wagon waiting. By the time I finished the phone call (which wasn't much more than 5 minutes), she was sound asleep.



There are so many programs here to keep the kid's minds off of the treatment. One of those is the Music Rx program. They will check out instruments to the kids for them to play. Rebekah checked out a keyboard earlier this week and has enjoyed playing it off and on.



We haven't had many comments today. Where has everyone gone? We've checked several times today to see who had commented and what had been said and haven't seen much. It is always a big encouragement to see comments and know that people care. Sometimes that is the only way that I (Mommy) know people care. It has been kind of a lonely day.

Grandma A came by this evening to hang out with Rebekah, so that Mommy and Daddy could eat together in the trailer. That was great! Thanks Grandma A! Grandma C stopped by a couple of times and brought Mommy some lunch. That was great, too. Daddy had some visitors, too, including Caron who brought us some chocolate - always appreciated.

28 Shared:

At Friday, November 04, 2005 2:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are one of the first thing's on my mind every morning. I alway's come to Rebekah's page to check on her < and your progress > and to pray not only for her but for your whole family. I cannot begin to imagine how hard this must be for you but I can assure you that there are those of us out here in the vastness of internet space that do care and are praying for a miracle ! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful little girl with us and know that you are in our heart's daily....

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 3:31:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

Glad the day was good. She looks great. I too check on Rebekah first thing while my kids are eating their breakfast, and then a number of times again during the day, in case anything has changed. Know that you are prayed and cared always!

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 4:11:00 AM, Blogger Julie Q Left a thought...

I also check in daily to check on Rebekah and your family. :) Even twice a day sometimes. Hoping ahd praying for a miracle.

Take care.

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 4:18:00 AM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Sooooooooooooo neat to see Rebekah at the keyboard. I bet Grandma A thinks that was just wonderful, too!!......About comments, with the three hour time difference, I am usually a day behind things if you post late OR time. But, the blog is ALWAYS read daily and you all are all prayed for!!
love to you, Jodi in OH

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 4:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

This blog is my first and last stop of the day... and many times in between. I think and pray of your family often throughout the day. The picture of Rebekah asleep in the wagon is so cute! We catch our kids sleeping in the strangest places sometimes. It is good to see Rebekah doing so well. and that you must be getting more sleep!

Always praying
Jan

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 4:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi - I read every day. I often think of Rebekah and her wonderful family during the day, especially mommy since I am a mommy myself.

Thinking of you all.

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 5:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I know everyone in our house checks in on you guys at least once a day and usually so many more times. Sometimes I know I feel so speechless and feel like I am being boring and repetetive. I am sorry that sometimes we get busy or just don't know what to say. I will pray, that in those moments of aloneness and discouragement that the Holy Spirit would grab you up and hold you tight and flood your beings with the knowing that there ARE so many who care, who pray,and who love you guys and that He would hedge you up against the enemy trying to convince you anything differant. YOU ARE ALL SO VERY SPECIAL TO GOD, and are an integrated part of our lives and the lives of so many others as well. Blessings, blessings,blessings.

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 6:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Awww, how cute. Asleep in the wagon. :) brings a smile to my face; you're always in my prayers. There isn't one day that goes by where I don't think about you and your family.

Always Praying.

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 6:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

OOOOHHHHH.....she looks so sweet sleeping in the wagon. So precious. She looks awesome; like she's feeling pretty good. It's nice to see that. Please know that I visit Rebekah's site at least 3 times a day. I check it 1st thing in the AM....then around lunch time and then before I go to bed. I'll start letting you guys know I was here. I hope you have a lovely Friday afternoon. Praying for you guys. Katrina in Illinois

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 6:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I too check in on you every day. Again I also worry about becoming boring or repetetive and sometimes I just don't know what to say. Be assured that I pray for you all every night.

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 6:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear mommy,
sorry for not posting , was sick yesterday, you all are on my mind , and if I was closer i would vist ya! please know you are thought of and and so loved
Lord please put your loving arms around this family, thanks you
huggs from missouri

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 6:45:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

A day later but I'm still here. Thank you for reminding me that even though I come and read about ya'll you don't know that unless I leave a word.

Still here, still praying.

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 6:53:00 AM, Blogger Corry Left a thought...

I too check on y'all each day and I apologize for not leaving a comment each time. Please do know though that y'all are constantly in my prayers.

God's Grace.

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 7:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hang in there folks.

The rally community is keeping up with your story.

It never ceases to amaze me just how strong folks can be when they need to be.

Good luck & best wishes.

Chris P
AD7GT

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 7:29:00 AM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie Left a thought...

I may not always comment, but please know that I read the blod daily and am still praying for Rebekah and family!

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 7:33:00 AM, Blogger Di Left a thought...

We're here don't worry. She looks so comfortable in that wagon. Looks like a dream bed.

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 7:49:00 AM, Blogger Christy and Dustin Left a thought...

Always remember that no matter how many or how few people check or comment on your Blog, Jesus' love and care for you and your family FAR outweigh what any one or even millions or people could do or say to encourage you. You are NEVER alone though at times you may feel that way. And it's obvious that many peole across the counry do care for you and your family the way our Lord in heaven would have us do. I myself cannot fathom what you've had to endure over the last year. But you've changed my outlook on how much I value and treasure the days I have with my two little ones.
You are for SURE in my prayers.

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 8:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Rebekah looks precious in her wagon. It must be very calming for her. We read the blogger daily to find out what the latest news is. We are thinking of you all.

The Shannon Family

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 9:35:00 AM, Blogger Clandestine Left a thought...

i check your blog at least once a day, and am always thinking of you all. i may not comment, but i am always here.

i will try to remember to comment during the day so that you don't feel so alone!

take care of yourself! xoxox

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 9:48:00 AM, Blogger The other me Left a thought...

I check in all the time and sometimes don't comment because I feel I am just saying the same things over and over again, the feelings are sincere but words fail me sometimes! I can't tell you how glorious it is to see pictures of Rebekah looking peaceful and happy.

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 10:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers every day, always hoping that God is with you and helping you hang in there through all the challenges that are being given to you during this difficult journey you are on. May God bless. Jim Lucas and family

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 10:15:00 AM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

im always here praying

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Joy Left a thought...

I check this blog at least once a day. I can't even remember exactly how i came upon your blog, but i do remember that your blog led me to dear sweet maggie's blog. I think of you often and especially lil' resilient Rebekah.

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 2:14:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

I am still thinking about you, and keeping you in my prayers everyday. I am the mom of a teenager with a chronic illness, so I do know how important the continuous support is!!! Stay strong and know that you are held up in prayer by so many!

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 2:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Auntie Frances and Uncle Scott-
Jacob and Michael wanted to let you know that they are always praying for Rebekah, Sarah and the two of you throughout the day. At times, one of them will stop, fold his hands and say, "Mommy pray?" I'll say, "Sure, baby, for who?" Then they say, "Bekah!" Lately, when they pretend they are going somewhere they say, "Bye Bye! Going to Bekah and Sarah's house!" They also pretend to call you on their play phones throughout the day! So, we are always stopping in at the blog and always praying for each one of you! But as someone else wrote- you don't know that unless we comment! So sorry, just know that God has you each in His loving arms, when we can not!
With lots of love,
Tiffany, Mark, Michael and Jacob

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 4:25:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

Psalm 103:2-3 – Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases. (KJV)

....praying continually that our God who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we can ask or think will cause His healing power to manifest in Rebekah!

....We check the website at least once a day - usually more.

....and we're praying ALL the time!

In Him,
Randy, Deb and Olivia

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 7:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

just wanted to let you know that I stop by at least once or twice a day to see how that darling girl and her family are doing. I have a link to your page on my website ..
http://spaces.msn.com/members/mondayswithmolly/
so hopefully more new friends are stopping by for a "hi" and a prayer.
hugs to you all and double for mommy & Rebekah,
~Molly~

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I just found your blog. Rebekah is a beautiful little girl. I will thnink about you often, and pray that she gets better!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...