Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Tuesday, November 01, 2005



An Emotion Filled Day - Daddy's Perspective

Thank you so much to Brandy and Karen and Ian for coming and staying with Rebekah.  She is doing so well with all the attention, getting wagon rides, enjoying company, etc.  Unfortunately we are pumping her so full of lots of bad stuff!  We just spent a little bit of time talking with Josh’s mom and it is tough what we have to do to these little kiddos to make them better.  Speaking of which, Josh looks really good.

Maggie’s service was beautiful.  There are so many emotions going through my head that I don’t exactly know what to write, and one of the emotions is that it is not appropriate for me to write much so I won’t, at least not here.  My heart is flooding with things I want to put on paper (or the screen) but I just don’t know when and where it will/should go.  When we left the service mommy wanted to go buy some “pretend makeup” to go in Rebekah’s empty purse.  The last time Maggie spoke with Rebekah Maggie told Rebekah she needed “pretend makeup” for her purse and, when her hair grows back a “pretend curling iron.”  Yes Maggie, Rebekah will hopefully get those things.  Let me finish this subject for now with the finishing thought from her funeral.  This life was unexpectedly short.  No matter how old someone is when they leave us, that is always true.  In this case it is truer than others.

5 Shared:

At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 3:33:00 PM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

I'm glad Rebekah seems happy today. I'm also glad that you were able to attend Maggie's service. She certainly has touched so many of us. She will be missed but think of her in the arms of Jesus, totally healed, no pain, loving everything around her. It doesn't take away the sadness, but it helps to ease it a little.....

 
At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:23:00 PM, Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ Left a thought...

I bet here services were beautiful.
I am sure are can not put rebekah down. we are still faithfully praying for you and your fam and josh and maggies family.

 
At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:38:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Continuing to pray-----His comfort for Maggie's family, His strength and rest for yours, a cancer-free Rebekah, no side effects from this round of chemo, OR family and friends to help you as they are able....love to all, Jodi

 
At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I continually pray that God holds you in His loving arms and gives you the strength and courage to face all that you are going through. I don't often comment, but know, that you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I never go to bed without reading your blog and praying for our sweet Rebekah. God is good His mercy is everlasting.
Leanne from Pa.

 
At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 2:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am so glad you were able to go to Maggie May's service. I've read some of the comments on her site and it sounds like it was a beautiful service for a beautiful little girl. Both Rebekah and Maggie have me wrapped around their fingers and I've never met either of them :O) My little girl Cheyenne comes into the office every so often and says "Mommy, is that Rebekah? How's she feeling?" Then she tells me to blow Rebekah kisses from her....so...Rebekah...catch....there are smooches from lil' Cheyenne on their way. It may take a while to reach you from all the way in Illinois but they're on their way!!!! Smile beautiful and feel better soon!!! Katrina from Illinois

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...