Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, October 27, 2005



In Loving Memory...




of Maggie May Williams. This has obviously been a difficult evening for many whose hearts have been stolen by this beautiful little girl. To Quote her own site: "She was surrounded by family, just like the day she was born, and she went very peacefully. A traditional memorial service for adults only is being planned, as well as a special children's service."

At 5:20 this evening a very strong need to find a "white rose" came over me. I knew what it was for, just not when. Then, an hour later, we received a phone call telling us of the loss of Maggie at the very same time I felt this need. I went and held Rebekah and cried and then came back here to share with you. Out of respect for Maggie's family, all I could post was this beautiful rose until her family chose to make a public announcement which they have now done. This blog is about sharing our joys and our sorrows. This has been one of the most sorrowful days.



The beautiful white rose that has touched so many of us in so many ways is by and used with permission from Australian photographer Lisa Hocking Please see her blog and thank her for its use.

Labels:

19 Shared:

At Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Thank you for sharing. My eyes are so full of tears, my heart is heavy and my soul rejoices with heaven for dear little Maggie May.

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Mackey Left a thought...

My heart is breaking. I really don't know what to say. It just doesn't seem fair.

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2005 11:00:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

I knew before I logged onto the computer that this news would be awaiting me. Sometimes the Lord prepares your heart.
...still, it breaks for Maggie's family. Know that they and you are in my prayers.
Maggie is dancing with Jesus now.

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2005 11:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Omigosh! My first reaction was IN LOVING MEMORY of Rebekah?! What in the world could've happened over night? Then realized as I read on that it is Maggie that is now with Jesus. We can rejoice that dear little Maggie has no more pain and discomfort! Our prayers are for comfort for Maggie's family and friends, and we are relieved and grateful that Rebekah is showing improvement. May God grant you all rest and comfort as you grieve the loss of little Maggie.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 12:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

i almost froze in shock! i thought the white rose was for rebekah. i have been praying for this little girl. i'm so sorry. then i read maggie may williams. went straight to her site. my heart broke. i felt like it's just so unfair. why these kids/babies? only God knows.

Oh my, i don't know what to say. one thing for sure though, maggie is verh happy now, without pain, with Jesus.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 4:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'm sorry for maggie's family and friends, just think of her hugging and holding hands with Jesus!!! could someone closes to maggies family gave them a big hug from me. thanks, and thanks for sharing ;-)
huggs from missouri

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 7:26:00 AM, Blogger The other me Left a thought...

I saw Maggie's site before I visited Rebekah today, my heart is weeping for her family. I am at a loss for words but am praying for those who mourn today.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 8:20:00 AM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie Left a thought...

My heart is heavy at this bit of news. My thoughts and prayers will be with the family.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

My prayers go out to Maggie's family in their grief and sorrow. I also pray for your family and the pain that I know you feel for them and how close to home this hits.

The Lord is never closer then when we are at our lowest of lows and the grief is unbearable. I pray that He show His peace and presence in overwhelming ways.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 11:34:00 AM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

My prayers are with her family. I can only picture Maggie dancing and playing with Our Father. That makes me smile. She is perfect.

My prayers are with you guys also. I could hear the heaviness on your heart last night when I talked to you Scott. Just know that God has a perfect plan for all of this. I thank Him for this opprotunity to allow us to show how faithful we are. He is big enough

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Clandestine Left a thought...

My thoughts are with Maggie's family and with yours.

Although of course we're all relieved that Maggie no longer feels pain, it is heartbreaking to think of her parents (too young themselves to have to go through something like this) and her little baby sister who will always want to know what her big sister would have been like.

And my heart is with your family as I can only imagine your grief, fear and empathy at a time like this.

I hope that knowing there are so many people out here in the world caring about all of you helps your family and Maggie's.

xoxox

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 1:18:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

Around that time, I felt a strong need to pray for her family which I did. Now I know why. I'm so sad.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 3:18:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a thought...

My heart is heavy. Sometimes we just don't know understand God's plan. And even though it's perfect, there's nothing that says it's easy. I have been praying for little Rebekah and for Maggie for a few months now. I don't know you on a personal level, but I have felt so close through this blog. I am actually aching right now and I just thank you so much for sharing your life with us. Thank you. It takes the focus off of ourselves.

I just hope you can feel the love we are pouring into our prayers for you. I still believe in miracles. I always will. Just because things don't go the way we want them to, doesn't mean God's not the one moving them around.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 3:52:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

A beautiful post for a beautiful little angel. I can't stop crying..

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 4:16:00 PM, Blogger bookwormaddict Left a thought...

Thank you for posting such a beautiful tribute to Maggie with that gorgeous rose.
I of course don't know her personally, but when you follow someone's life via their blog you feel as if you know them.
I agree with what Deb wrote. Now Maggie is no longer in pain and she's with Jesus in heaven.
I will keep yours and Maggie's family in my prayers.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 5:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Lord comfort all of us in our grief for this, your beautiufl new angel.. We know our feelings are selfish Lord, we know sweet Maggie is with you, guide us through our sadness, keep our eyes focused on you Lord.
My heart is breaking for Maggie's family and friends.. she touched my heart.
Please stay focused on your love for each other, for Our Lord, and know He is Good, we may not understand His will, but HE has a plan, we must trust it. My prayers continue for all of you.
Much Love through my tears..
Allie

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 7:02:00 PM, Blogger Di Left a thought...

God bless that beautiful little girl and her family. My thoughts and prayers will continue...

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 8:58:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

So saddened by the death of Maggie May, yet glad she is out of pain and soaring like a bird in heaven.
I will pray for His comfort for her parents and family right now.....Love,Jodi

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 9:57:00 PM, Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ Left a thought...

I also posted flowers for her I have been upset all day she was so beautiful adn I am heart broken.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...