Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Monday, November 07, 2005



Rebekah's (Angela's) Breakfast

A very big special thank you to Angela Kohama and all of her crew for organizing Rebekah’s pancake breakfast this weekend.  Until yesterday morning, Angela had never even met Rebekah and yet this high school senior poured her heart and soul into this event and achieved a success that any project manager in any business would be proud of.

We had people from all over the area including at least one family from Washington.  Friends, family, co-workers, rallyists, the fire department, and strangers alike all turned out thanks to Angela’s advertising.  Home Town Buffet and Pepper’s Mexican Grill provided nearly everything free of charge.  The few remaining little (and I mean very little) needs where met by the volunteers that were there.  

Rebekah, Sarah, mommy and daddy were even able to make it for much of the morning and Rebekah was in good enough spirits to walk around and “talk” with people, hand out her own business cards and even say “thank you” in a way that only she could.  We don’t know if she had any clue that she was the reason they were there.  Whether she knew why or not didn’t matter, she was just very happy that they were there and she was some place other than the hospital or her bed at home.

The people that came had HUGE hearts and poured out their emotions as well as their dollars to support Rebekah.  Throughout the day there were quite a few tears in the eyes of people but most of all delight in helping out this little girl.  At the end of the day there was $3013.00 in the cash box for Rebekah’s trust.  Thank you Angela and thank you everyone who helped!!!

17 Shared:

At Monday, November 07, 2005 8:22:00 AM, Blogger amelia Left a thought...

That is so awesome! Way to go, Angela, and thank you God!!

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 9:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for Rebekah, and for all of you! You have a very beautiful daughter. I know its not the same as the real thing but I'd like to offer lots and lots of virtual bear hugs and balloons for Rebekah. :-)

Be very blessed!

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 9:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hurray to Angela (hmm.. "Angel" a)
What a wonderful turn out for a wonderful little girl.

I can just imagine the impact Rebekah had on all those who were there to meet her. I'm taken just by the photo's I see on her site. I hope you were able to take pictures and will share them soon with us all.

Hugs & warm thoughts,
~Molly~

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 9:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

As a mom of 3 little girls (9, 4 and 3) my heart aches for you and your little girl.
I wish I could touch her and help her heal, as I do with my patients here at work… but her illness is so much more then a finger cut… I will though pray for her night and day! And so will my little girls.
I know that she will heal because:
God heals everyone!
God always keeps his promises…
But it’s so easy not to think about that.
It’s even harder to remember in ‘the eye’ of a tragedy.
I know how easy for me it is to think: ‘Well… healing was just not in God’s will…’ It was because of how much He loves us… except that it went unnoticed:
Just as the holistic medicine is about: Mind, Body and Spirit… God heals the same way:
Psalm 41 says: ‘The Lord will support him on his sickbed. You will restore this person to health when he is ill.’
And this is true.
Sometimes he heals our body.
Sometimes he heals our mind.
Sometimes he heals our soul.
I hope that you can remember that…

I will come back and visit with you often. I will send you my prayers and support.
As someone who has a lot of dealings with medicine I only have one question though… And I hope you will not find it offensive:
Have you heard of Cancer Centers of America?
Here is a link:
http://www.cancercenter.com/about-us/our-hospitals.cfm

I hope that you will have a wonderful week.
I hope that you will have a lot of strength.
I hope that you will feel His love surround you and your little angel!
All of my prayers and thoughts are with you.
Naturally yours,
Anita

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

What a beautiful little girl. I'm glad that the breakfast went well for you as a family.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

What a great treat and blessing for you and your family as well as for all those who love and care for you.

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 10:52:00 AM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

i ate and ate and ate

It was good to see you and I am so glad that the event went so well! The food rocked!!

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 1:57:00 PM, Blogger Joy Left a thought...

love the photos. Sounds like a great event!

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 1:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi there
just linked onto your site from my blog buddy's.As a father my prayers are with you.
I will be back to read more
Til the next time
Paul

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 2:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Sorry
Forgot to add,big hugs for Rebekah
and her family
Paul

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 2:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am so glad that the breakfast was such a great success! As a mom of a 2 year old daughter my heart breaks for your family having to go thru this. I will say lots of prayers. I came here thru Molly's blog, but I will be back to read more later.

Tina

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 4:08:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

God is so good, isn't He?...
I praise Him for bringing Angela into your life --what an awesome gift she gave when she poured herself into this project. Over $3000 - yahoo! That's incredible!

I'm happy that Rebekah was able to enjoy the breakfast and the time with family and friends (both old and new)!

...wish we could've been there to share some pancakes! --we did eat pancakes here at our house - in Rebekah's honor. Olivia put chocolate chips on hers! (I'm not sure that counts as a breakfast food!) ;)

As for the diaper rash mentioned in the previous post --I recommend Boudreaux's Butt Paste --works wonders.

Always praying!
Continued blessings,
Deb, Randy and Olivia

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

That so ROCKS!!!!
I wish I could have been there.
It is amazing what people can do isn't it!!!!!
(((((hugs)))))

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 6:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

What a beautiful entry, I wish you the best in your journey, my thoughts are with you. Big hugs to you Rebekah and her family! ~Kate

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 7:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Just letting you know Rebekah and your family are in our prayers.

It is so nice to know you have the support of your community. Hats off to Angela.

:) Chris

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 7:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

THANKS Angela Kohama!! Wow I'm so glad that things went so well for you guys. Way to go Rebekah; that's so cute and sweet of you to walk around and thank people for coming, it's the thought that counts the most. Glad you guys had a good time...good family time. Always in my prayers and thoughts.

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 8:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Way to go to both Angela and Rebekah! Totally awesome that Rebekah was able to meet everyone and had such a good time doing it.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...