Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Tuesday, November 08, 2005



Tuesday Evening

It has been a decent day. The girls have enjoyed playing in their playroom and watching dvds on the tv in the playroom. Well at least Rebekah has enjoyed it, Sarah could just about care less about the tv (although I have caught her looking at it a few times today).

This afternoon, Rebekah and Sarah were taking turns riding the horse. Sarah was not quite grasping the concept of sharing, but Rebekah was doing a good job of taking turns. Sarah really seemed to enjoy being on the horse and was doing a great job of balancing on her own and making the horse bounce. Rebekah wanted to make sure that Sarah rode the horse.

Rebekah has had bouts of energy and then bouts of being crabby and not feeling well and complaining about owies. She is actually drinking some from her sippy cup, which is good to see. I have cut her nutrition back to just formula without the added water and she seems to be tolerating it ok.

Rebekah has spent some time in time-out over the last few days. During one of her time-outs, Sarah went over to her and gave her a hug. It was very adorable to watch, although I'm not sure how well the time-out worked with some loves from her sister.

Sarah, too, has had good times and bad times today. She seems to be cutting another tooth and so she would scream at times. If Mommy picked her up, she might quiet down. A little teething tablets and tylenol seemed to help.

Rebekah has been a little warm, so I'm concerned about fever. Please pray that her temperature stays down and that there is not an infection brewing. If her fever goes above 100.5, we'll be back in the hospital. Let's pray we don't have to do that.

It has been one of those days when Mommy has been needed by one or the other of the girls most of the day. Very little has gotten done around the house. Just another day in our home.

Friend Katie came and picked up several loads of laundry for us, washed and folded it and brought it back. That is such an incredible help! It took a big load off mom's plate. Thank you Katie. At least that is one thing that Mommy doesn't have to worry about.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) Mommy will get a chance to escape. Friend Karen will come and watch the girls, so Mommy can get out to a couple of doctor appointments and get some things done that she just hasn't been able to do. Mom is looking forward to that.

Thursday we have a clinic appointment and have been told to expect Rebekah to need both blood and platelets. If she needs one or both, it could be a long day.

23 Shared:

At Tuesday, November 08, 2005 10:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I check on Rebekah everyday...I just adore the sisterly Love taking place...how sweet! I will be praying for Rebekah as well as your entire family.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My prayers are with you. I loved the hug in time out, it was priceless! Hope you enjoy the bit of free time you get later today.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I so admire the way you strive to make things as "normal" for Rebekah as possible -- even if that means reprimanding her or giving her a "time out."

The strength and love in this family just shines through your posts. What a lucky little girl Rebekah is.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Glad to hear, that the girls are getting to play together, praying that babydolls fever goes down,
and I want to say a thank you to all the people that are help this family!
always praying
huggs from missouri

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I hope that mommy was able to sneak in a little "me" time while out during errands. That was such a precious picture painted of the time-out hug.
My thoughts and prayers to Rebekah and the whole family.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I wish Arkansas were closer to Oregon! I only work PT and if I were up there I could help you out and would be honored to. Blessings to your friend who came and took the laundry off your hands! That is so great. I am so happy that you are getting out of the house today for awhile, even if it is to go to the Doctor. I pray that she does not have fever. Don't worry about it, just "Cast all your anxieties on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

~Dawn

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:27:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

My son has been sick with a fever this week. It's going on three days now, and I am so tired out. It made me think of you both the other day, and I can't even fathom how tired you must be in all of this. I pray she won't get that fever.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am happy to be hearing reports of "normal" home life for you guys. In the name of Jesus I pray against any form of illness and fever in Rebekah's body to be come against by the blood of Jesus. Lord bring rest and strength to their weary mind,body and spirits. Thank you Lord. amen.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:59:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

Yipee for Mom to get some time out on her own (even if it is errands). Good to hear that Rebekah is having "normal-like" days (even getting put in time out). Prayers for clinic and transfusions.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My prayers are with your family today and everyday. Caron

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:47:00 AM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

Praying for you always!

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi, since yesterday that I read your blog, I can't stop thinking in this lovely family that I met. I'm praying for you, and I want to thank you this life lesson, cause Rebekah has been blessed whit a united family, who takes care of her, but not as an obligation, doing it for love..!!

God bless you all.
Prays from Sonora, Mexico.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:24:00 AM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

Glad to see she is getting some energy!

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I could go for some hug time-outs ;)

You are all in my thoughts and prayers today. I especially pray there is no infection or fever, and that the dr. app coming up goes well.

God Bless your day

(((((Rebekah)))))

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Keeping things as normal as possible (as you do) would be my advice...I haven't dealt with what you are dealing with but my son was born with special needs. He is 22 now and is very well rounded despite his handicap.

My prayers are with Rebekah and your family...stay strong.

: ) Chris

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I will pray for her and your family....make sure you get some away time....you need it! Why dont you go get your hair done and a massage....something nice for you! :)

Laura

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I love the "time out" hug. That is priceless. It's so nice to read that the girls are having "normal" times together in their home. It is great that Rebekah is treated as normally as possible with time outs (even if sis thinks she needs a hug during them). I admire all of you for the strength you are showing your children and the love you give them each and every day.
I hope mom enjoys her time running errands. I know it sounds silly but I love my boys but also enjoy my time to myself running errands.
I will pray for no infection and no fever.. and that the dr's appointment is quick and as painless as possible.
Hugs and warm wishes to you all,
~Molly~

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Joy Left a thought...

I'm so glad to hear that Rebekah sounds like she's acting like a normal lil' kid. time outs and all. Will be praying that she doesn't develop an infection.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Clandestine Left a thought...

i know a lot of people come here from JoJo (jojolovesjesus.blogspot.com), and know about her daughter (she's 10 with severe brain damage). Please keep them in your prayers as well. Apparently, Jojo and her husband had to rush to the hospital to be with their daughter today. You can read more details at her blog.

Thanks.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:41:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

We're praying for Rebekah --that there is NO infection brewing anywhere. --praying that Scott and Frances get as much rest as they need. --feeling the need to pray for patience today --don't know why --but I'm praying that the Lord gives you more patience today to deal with everything that comes your way.

In Him,
Deb, Randy and Olivia

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi, my friend Molly led me here. I will definitely pray for Rebekah. You'll be in my prayers.

Jay

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

"Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees." ~ Victor Hugo, Les Misérables, 1862

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I just wanted to check in and let you know I have been keeping your family in my thoughts. The hug moment no words to describe. Good luck with your appointment and I hope you enjoyed your day.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...