Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Friday, November 11, 2005



A Couple of Requests From our Readers

I know that you don't all get to read every comment that is written, so we thought we would bring these requests to your attention.

Through this process, we have come to care for many families who have kids with medical problems. Our heart goes out to these families and many others. Prayer is powerful and when we cannot help in a physical sense, we can help with prayer. So we ask that you pray for these families.

One reader said "Jojo's daughter has joined Maggie in heaven. Please keep her family in your prayers." When we saw this comment, it was very emotional for us. With Maggie's recent death and everything we've been dealing with for Rebekah, we were not sure how to bring it to your attention.

My Kid's Mom said "please say a quick prayer for my daugher, too, who's been in the hospital this past week." So, I ask that you pray for her 17 year old daughter who she calls The Princess. Again, our emotions were working overtime reading this comment.

10 Shared:

At Friday, November 11, 2005 11:36:00 PM, Blogger crossblade Left a thought...

Rebekah dear,
I just want you to know that I live in India..and I and my friends at church will be praying for you...
thomas

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 3:19:00 AM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

Praying praying and praying somemore!!!

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:53:00 AM, Blogger Unknown Left a thought...

Last night at our Fri. Night Prayer meeting we covered Maggie's Family & Jojo's Family. That the Lord would be their strength & comfort during these bittersweet times. Our spirits rejoice, yet our flesh mourns.

We've also been praying for your family every week. For strength, to continue. For joy, in the midst of the trials. For hope, in the Lord. And most importantly for your hearts to be resting in the Lord, as He knows exactly what is and is to come.

Many blessings,
Jes

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

Thanks, I forgot to pray for My Kid's Mom's daughter today. Argh! She has been on my mind.

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 4:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Rebekah's family
Just stooping in to say hello and sending you hugs
your always in my prayers
Paul

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 7:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear Rebekah and family,
I will, of course, keep your friends in my prayers as I keep you and your family in them.
I hope you are having a good weekend and enjoying the time home with your sister.
Love & warm thoughts,
Hugs,
~Molly~

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I don't know if you are aware of craigslist.com? If you go to that website and click on portland oregan, which is the nearest big city to you and then under the for sale section there is a "free" section.PPl in the portland area who want to get rid of things list them for anyone to pick up for free.I thought this might help you with some of your needs. Usually the stuff is in pretty good order and you wouldn't believe all the things they offer for free. we have gotten our dryer frig and dishwasher and even our 2 dogs off of craigs list and have been very happy.Also if she is having a very bad sore throat a ice pack in the long thin bags might help a lot. Just a thought. I hope things are going better. I can see why she likes to be pulled around in her wagon. I bet the motion is rather soothing to her.Sort of how babies with bad gas who won't sleep and cry all night long will actually sleep when driven in a car.I know what its like to be so tired you can't keep your eyes open but the pain is so bad you can't sleep.I bet thats when she would enjoy the movement the most and help with the restlessness.You might have to put a track in your house for wagon pulling..lol.I'm glad she has found things to comfort herself and things she enjoys.Hang in there and keep up the good work. donna

 
At Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My prayers and thoughts are with both families as well as yours. Thank you for posting their need.

 
At Sunday, November 13, 2005 8:42:00 AM, Blogger Sarah Left a thought...

Dear Rebekah,
This is the first time that I have visited your web page. I want to let you know that you will be added to my prayer list as well as your friends.

 
At Sunday, November 13, 2005 7:41:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

Thank you so much for bringing my prayer request to the attention of your faithful readers. I believe in the power of prayer with my whole heart and soul.

TP came home this afternoon at noon - she's still quite tired and doesn't have much of an appetite, but she is back here, safe and sound. We had quite a frightening hospital stay this time, as TP was gravely ill, but she weathered the storm (so to speak), thank God!

I continue to pray for you and yours daily. God's blessings to you!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...