Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, December 01, 2005



Not Going Well / Off To The Hospital

As if the previous updates from this week were not making it very clear, it has not been a very good week.  And now it is just getting worse.

For the last 24 hours Rebekah has had no energy whatsoever and cannot stop coughing, drooling, snotting, etc. all at the same time.  Her face is so sore that she cannot stand to have another tissue wipe across it and she is soaking through bibs as fast as we can put them on her.  

The swelling and drooling really has us concerned.  Mommy kind of alluded to it in her post a couple of days ago but wasn’t very clear.  We think it might be the mucousitis caused by the recent chemo but are scared because she looks (and with the drooling acts) just like she did when the tumor had taken over back in April.  Obviously that’s a worst case scenario but we are fearful of it.  

Rebekah continued to spiral down this morning and ultimately ended up with a fever again.  The clinic asked that we bring her in right away and “Be prepared to stay” although they don’t know for sure whether we will have to.  Mommy and the girls are on their way right now.  

11 Shared:

At Thursday, December 01, 2005 12:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'm praying for you guys. If its not snowing I will be headed into portland tonight if I can bring something. caron

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:59:00 PM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

Praying extra hard!

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Rachel Left a thought...

Praying for all of you!!!

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

You know my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. I am so sorry.

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:16:00 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie Left a thought...

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. I'll be praying!

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:20:00 PM, Blogger The other me Left a thought...

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you ; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let your heart be not troubled, neither let it be afraid." ( John 14:27) I just know that the Lord is looking after your little girl, I pray that He will continue to give you the strength you need. Much love to your family. Helen.

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:12:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a thought...

I'm sorry things seem to be going the wrong way. I'm praying and checking in!

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Oh Dear,
I wish there was something more I could do then prayer and keep you all in my thoughts..
Please give the dear little one a big, gentle, hug from her blog friends..
hugs to all,
prayers,
wishes,
thoughts,
Molly

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:56:00 PM, Blogger Julie Q Left a thought...

Still praying, still hopeful. Checking in everyday.

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 12:22:00 AM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

Praying.

Love you guys

 
At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 4:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hello. My name is Rebekah Dunham and I am from West Virginia. Even though I don't know you my family and I are praying for you every night. Rememeber John 14:27 and Joshua 1:9. God is in control and he knows what he is doing with Rebekah's life you just have to trust him.

Love,
Rebekah Dunham

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...