Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Sunday, August 28, 2005



Out for a stroll! And Back.

6:51pm What a wonderful treat out. We can't say that Rebekah enjoyed every minute of it but there were moments. We went to Grandma and Grandpa A's house because that is where little Sarah was. Rebekah spent most of the time in mommy's arms just sitting, like she does in the hospital room. There were a few times when she picked up a toy and played with it for a few minutes and even walked around for about 3 minutes. She was quite wobbly but she has not walked any distance at all in almost two weeks. She even wanted another high chair and to sit up next to her sister who was eating dinner. She asked for a bananna but then would not eat it. Here is a picture of one of the few moments she was "back".



On the way back home we stopped at a grocery store for a few supplies (okay - candy) and gave Rebekah the choice as to whether she wanted to come in or stay in her car seat. She wanted to come in but would not go into the seat in the front of the cart. She did, however feel it was her obligation to put whatever we wanted into the basket. Bless her heart, when I asked her to get me a bag of the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and pointed to them she got THREE bags! I love that little girl!!!!!

We are now back in the hospital and chemo and radiation start up again tomorrow morning. Then maybe, just maybe we can be home late Tuesday.

---

1253pm Doc just came in and gave us some very unexpected news - we have a 6 hour pass! He said we will disconnect things and give us enough pain meds so that we can leave for a short period. Now we are totally scrambling. As soon as Rebekah gets up we will go somewhere. She has been pointing to the door and saying "bye bye". When we ask who she wants to leave she keeps pointing to herself and saying "O" which is her name for herself. Updates this evening we hope.

25 Shared:

At Sunday, August 28, 2005 1:16:00 PM, Blogger Andi Left a thought...

I am so glad that you get to go out and do something normal. I hope that you have lots of fun. I wish Rebekah every bit of happiness that she is able to have.

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 1:17:00 PM, Blogger Di Left a thought...

I think that is great. It will do you all good to get out and see something other than those walls! God bless you all.

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 1:19:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

I imagine you're coming over to my place, I'll get the cups out for tea, and a Dora cup out for Rebekah. But if Canada is too far to go in six hours, then I hope you just have a wonderful family day. Enjoy the time you have with your girl as you so often remind me to do with my kids.

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 2:07:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

Get some fresh air and maybe get close to some water of some kind. Very healing.
I hope you have a wonderful time with Rebekah out of the hospital. That is a great sign that they are letting her do that!!!!

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 2:17:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

Wonderful news! We'll keep the prayers coming in hopes that her progress continues!

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 2:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hooraayyy!!! Enjoy the sun. ~caron

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 2:20:00 PM, Blogger The other me Left a thought...

I hope you have the best of days, what fabulous news today!

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 4:51:00 PM, Blogger Pam Left a thought...

Thank you Father! Hey daddy, get on 101, drive south, we are near Coos Bay...come on down, Sunset Bay is beautiful today...we can worship and thank our Father while enjoying His creation. Too far to drive??? Ok, next time you get "sprung" tell the Doc you want an over night...then "Rebekah Adam's, Come On Down!" Seriously...I am smiling and praising and rejoicing!

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 5:25:00 PM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

Yipee for the short break of freedom. I pray that it was time that was a blessing to ALL.

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 5:34:00 PM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

...."If ever I loved thee, My Jesus 'tis now".......

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 7:26:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H Left a thought...

Great news!!! I worked inpatient psych for 10 years, and therapeutic passes became a rarity, due to insurance company restrictions: they figured if the patient was well enough for a pass, they were well enough to be discharged. I know your situation is significantly different, but still...

Praise to our Father, and continued prayers for you, the entire family and Rebekah.

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 7:43:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

SO great to read that she is doing well and got to enjoy a day out!!
She looks a lot better in that picture then the others we have seen recently. Praise GOD!!!

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 7:45:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

I want to do a victory dance. She looks better than she has all week. Allison is right on ..."If ever I loved thee, My Jesus 'tis now"... and tomorrow and yes, even last Monday when He heard our prayers with ears of compassion.

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am SO glad you were able to get out! Rebekah had some of her 'spunkiness' back this morning, it warmed my heart, and made my day to see it! I can't imagine how it makes Mommy and Daddy feel! We are still praying, God is SO good!
God Bless,
Allie

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:26:00 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie Left a thought...

So glad that you could all enjoy some "out" time with Rebekah. Glad to hear she had some times where she seemed her old self. I am still praying for your daughter and your family!

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:42:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Great you could escape the hospital for a short time!!
Now at 11:40PM---EST, I am praying for a good night's sleep for all and for a miracle with no more side effects from radiation. Dear Jesus, please keep precious little Rebekah out of pain and give much strength, wisdom, peace, and patience to Scott and Frances.

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:42:00 PM, Blogger Pam Left a thought...

Would you just look at that beautiful smile and those twinkling eyes!!! I can only imagine that mommy and daddy had smiles just as beautiful...and a trip shopping...well of course!! Every girl wants to go shopping! Now I can shut my computer down and rest, I have been praying for the last few hours that this would be a special day out for the family. I am so glad Rebekah and ChiChi were able to play together at Grandpa and Grandma's house...I know this grandma would have been in seventh heaven to have been a part of this this victory party! Blessings and rest to all ...prayfully mommy has be revived a bit as well.

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:58:00 PM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

I NEVER say this...

GOD IS GOOD!!!

(ok I lied... I always say it but DANG its true!)

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 9:01:00 PM, Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ Left a thought...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005 11:03:00 PM, Blogger cybeRanger Left a thought...

HalleluYAH!
HalleluYAH!
HalleluYAH!
HalleluYAH!

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005 12:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

praise God! that's wonderful! she looks happy on this picture. i'll keep on praying for her.

God's bless!

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005 3:10:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

She looks great! Will keep praying that this little gem wll continue to improve....Hoping today isn't too hard on her. and that you will be able to head out on Tuesday.
Thanks for sharing the pics....

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005 4:49:00 AM, Blogger Robin Left a thought...

What a wonderful blessing to be able to go out and to have your little girl back for a few moments! Rejoicing with you! (And continuing to pray for the days ahead.)

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005 6:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am new to this site. My friend told me about it. I am a mother of two boys, Isaiah 2 and Alex 1.

I don't even know what to say...the only thing that comes to mind is Psalm 42:"As the deer pant for the water brooks, so my soul thirsts for God, for the living God; when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night, while they say to me all day long, Where is your God? These things I remember and I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go along with the throng and lead them in procession to the House of God, with the voice of joy and thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival.

Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence.
O my God, my soul is in despair within me; Therefore I remember You from the Mt. Mizar. Deep calls to deep at the sound of Your waterfalls; all Your breakers and Your waves have rolled over me. The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime; and his song will be with me in the night, a prayer to the God of my life.

I will say to God my rock, Why have You forgotten me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? As a shattering of my bones, my adversaries revile me, while they say to me all day long, Where is your God? Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God for I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005 7:23:00 PM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

Praise God! Praise God! What a beautiful little girl! Praise God for this 3 year old who wants a banana and 3 bags of Reese's! Praise God for a minute of "normal life" in the midst of this chaotic hell! Praise God for Mommy and for Daddy and for sister, on whom this illness has been tough, and praise God for darling Rebekah who's still in there underneath all that medication and exhaustion.

God is still on His throne and His promises are real! AMEN!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...