Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, September 08, 2005



The Record Spins and A Confession

We are back from radiation this morning.  It continues to be difficult for Rebekah to come out of her anesthetic.  The new machine (the one that does the more intensive radiation) takes a bit longer so we are not getting home until 8:30 or 9 after leaving the house around 5am.  

While she was “under” this morning we were able to get her mouth scrubbed out with some antiseptic wash that she is supposed to use daily on the sores but will not take while she is awake.  We were also able to get her nails trimmed!  

She made it through the night pretty well last night and we only had to change the sheets once, right before we went to bed.  Mommy, on the other hand, is getting pretty tired at getting up every 2-4 hours.  We thought we were through this once Sarah started sleeping through the night!  Mommy had to hit her “snooze” bar 3 times at 4:30am this morning.

Over all the last 24 hours have been pretty good.  Rebekah slept ALL day yesterday with no time up for play or even awake to watch her sister or anything.  We just hope that is “healing” time.

I do have one confession – last night I, daddy, was feeling pretty bummed about the low site hits when I “left” the office about 6pm.  Then, when I got back this morning there were not only A LOAD more hits than normally come in during the evening but also two donations at www.HelpRebekah.com.  I have said it before, but it IS amazing how much God takes care of uplifting us even in the smallest ways (like caring about hit counts when we really shouldn’t).  I feel a bit selfish about caring how many people read her site but then, at the same time, I want the WHOLE WORLD to hear her story, what is happening to and through her, and to be praying for her and the extra special kiddos that we often talk about here.

23 Shared:

At Thursday, September 08, 2005 9:45:00 AM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

Just know the message is getting out in God's timing. I look back at a few months ago when you only had a few people that commented. God knew when you would need all the extra support and He brings it. I know for myself that I dont have to come to the site to be praying about you guys (yeah, i know... I do anyways!) I know that there is way more than you think. If you want a better idea of how many folks and from WHERE they are coming from use statcounter.com it is better than the one I origonally got you hooked up with.

Just know also that if its just one person that is touched and helped, that is enough. Rebekah is reaching so many more...

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 10:06:00 AM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

Hi there - I know for me, when my child was in the hospital several times last year, the thing that kept me going (besides prayer, of course) was all the notes of encouragement and love which were posted on Sara's Caring Bridge site. I, too, would feel a bit "down" if the traffic seemed a bit slow some days. I had to keep reminding myself that people were still keeping Sara in their thoughts and prayers even though they hadn't visited the site or written anything. Please know that I do lift you and your family up in prayer several times during the day - even though I may only visit here once or twice during the day. Rebekah's story is one which should be told to everyone on this earth, for it is a story of the incredible love and unselfishness that parents have for their child. It is a story of courage and inspiration. It is a story of God's undending devotion to His children. Take care and may God continue to bless you.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 10:24:00 AM, Blogger jomo Left a thought...

You would be amazed at how many people have been reached and touched by Rebekah. Don't just go by the hit counter. Consider the word of mouth about Rebekah. Rejoice at how God is using her to minsiter. Don't let fear nor dobt enter in. My love and prayers are with you.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 10:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I agree with all the above.. It is far more than the 'hit counts'.. My whole office asks about her on a regular basis, they don't check in themselves very often, but they ask me! They pray for her right along with me. I keep her picture on my office window/door, so that I can share her story with all that come my way. Her story is out there, and the prayers are flowing! Rebekah's story has changed more lives than most of us could dream of, the story challenges all who hear about her, and her family to 'step up' and live a Christian life, and recognize God's will for us all.. What a blessing! We will all keep spreading her story.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Jojo Left a thought...

Hello!
I feel bad when I read that you had not been getting as many comments because I have not been able to keep up often this last week. My daughter has been back in the hospital herself - so my life has been consumed with trips back and forth and the stress of not knowing what is wrong this time.

I do still think about and pray for you all - even though I have not been commenting. I do understand what it is like to feel so alone and like you are living in a different world from everyone else.

Father, thank you for allowing us to go thru struggles so we can appreciate the good times. But especially so we can understand what others are going thru. Father, please continue to work thru the radiation to heal Rebekah's little body. Protect her from the burns and the affects of the anesthesia. She is so precious Lord and we just want her to be well. Please strengthen her parents and give them times of rest. Protect them from sickness and keep them safe as they travel back and forth. Please keep providing helpers to ease their load. Thank you Father for knowing exactly what we need and when we need it. Forgive us when we get weak and do not notice your prescence. In Jesus' precious Name - Amen

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Please know that even on the days when we don't check in and send a thought or prayer that we are always praying for Rebekah and all of you. Sometimes I think we get so caught up in the world that even though we are praying we forget to take the time to touch base with those that we are praying for. We continue to pray for your whole family and we know that God is good and can do all things. Trusting in His timing is sometimes the hardest thing to do. We want things done in our time and don't want to wait for the One who knows best. Just remember that we are here and praying daily. If you need anything please let us know. Jim, Connie, Angelica and Melysa Mae Juengel

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Praying for you all

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:03:00 PM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

Please know that many (MANY) of my friends and family are praying for your family and Rebekah. They may not visit the site but ya'll are on their hearts and prayers are lifted up daily.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I have been reading about rebekah (and maggie) every day, but I have been reluctant to leave a comment because I am an atheist (with a very atheistic blog) and I didn't want to upset anyone.

But I want you to know that I check every day, and I am thinking about your family. I do not pray, but I hope with all my heart that rebekah will get well. I know I am among many who think of rebekah each and every day.

You have a strong and beautiful family. I wish more than anything that I could help with little Sarah or that I could help rebekah's mommy get a full night of peaceful sleep or that I could say something to comfort her daddy when his heart aches.

For every person who comments, I am sure there are many others who only read and send you their wishes silently.

May you continue to find the strength to provide rebekah with the love and devotion that she needs.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

The real message here is prayer for the care and healing of your sweet and beautiful daughter Rebekah.

Your blog is only one of the many means to that end. Look around you at your wife and your daughters, your church, your family and your friends and you will realize that your cup is already overflowing with blessings.

The Lord doesn't answer prayers based on the number of people praying, or the number of people who visit your blog.

Reading through the comments it is clear how many true friends you have and how many are lifting Rebekah up, even those who are bearing the crushing weight of their own.

I encourage you not to base your mood on the number of hits to your site, or to switch to a better hit counter, but instead to see the huge volume of true love and compassion that is showering down upon you at this very moment.

God bless you, Rebekah and your family remains in our prayers, even on the days when we don't visit or comment.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Angella214 Left a thought...

Just to add some encouragement...I've been reading, but not commenting, and praying for Rebekah for over a week now. Someone I had been reading had her link, and it brought me here. I bookmarked it right away, and check up on y'all every workday.

You have 2 beautiful daughters, and a very special wife! I'm praying for Rebekah's healing, and strength and peace for you and your wife. Today I added her link to my site, so my friends (many of whom are prayer warriors) can read of your special family. May God add an extra blessing to you and yours today.
Angella

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Still praying for your sweet little girl. It's good to know that God is bigger than all of this and even though we can't see the big picture, He does.

My heart breaks for you and your family. May you find peace and rest as you go throughout your day today.

Sorry to not say anything more eloquent, but I just can't find the words.

You're not alone.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 2:13:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Leaving my standard, yet heartfelt message for all you......still praying!!

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 2:37:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

Sounds like pretty good news today. I love to hear about good days like these. I hope the Mommy gets some rest soon too.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 3:04:00 PM, Blogger Pam Left a thought...

Daddy...even if only ONE person were coming to this site each day God would be glorified by Rebekah's story. I know how it feels to be alone in a hurting world, but you and mommy are far from alone. Although I do not know these people, I know they regularly pray for each member of your family and carry each member of your little family in their hearts throughout their day: EVA, STEVE, DARLENE, PAULA, MY KIDS MOM, ALLISON, JEFF, JOHN oh my how the list goes on and on...BRIAN, KATIE, JAYLEIGH...ETC ETC ETC...I know it can be (and is) discouraging...but remember you are not, have not and will not be alone in this. WE ARE HERE...WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWAY...AND YOU CAN'T MAKE US...so, bask in the love we are pouring your way, find assurance in the peace of knowing that you may not "see" YOUR larger family here, we are here. Daddy, you had your work cut out for you before you ever knew anything about the trials that laid ahead of you...and WE had our work cut out for us to follow you, to shore you up, to care and encourage you.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:04:00 PM, Blogger Cori Left a thought...

I am always listening. Everyday!

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:35:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

We went to the Stoneboro Fair on Sunday afternoon....I had the wonderful opportunity to speak with a woman representing a window company (we don't need new windows...so why was I talking with her?)....as our conversation progressed, it was apparent that she loved the Lord! I was able to share Rebekah's story with Pat and I wrote down your web address...and she assured me that she would pray for Rebekah and that she would share her story with her friends and ask them to pray too. God is working - in SO MANY ways that are invisible to your eyes and ours! Don't be discouraged! Know that we all are here - always lifting you up to the Father...even if we sometimes neglect to remind you of that fact!

God bless you Scott and Frances!
In His Love, Deb

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear Scott,Frances,Rebekah and Sarah...I have been following your story since sometime in June. Scott, it was a message you had left on amyandjustin.com which led me to your amazing site.Not a morning or evening goes by without me stopping by to check for any updates.I have wanted to leave a comment many times...in fact I e-mailed Steve asking him to send along thoughts from Plainville,Ct. Having read today's entry...I realized just how important it is for you to know the masses of people your precious,Angel is touching.I have shared your story with people I work with, my neighbor's and everyone I can get to listen. So many people are praying for all of you. Thank you for continuing to share your family's story with us,each and every day.

In Prayer,always,
Paula

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 6:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

What beautiful daughters you have, you are blessed.

I pray for your clarity of vision, that you are able to see the abundance of God's love that surrounds you, and that it is not dependent on the number displayed by your web counter.

People all over the world are praying for your Rebekah.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 8:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

When the enemies' lies sound like truth and small victories get lost in selfish thought,remind yourself to turn your eyes back on Jesus. Seek sanctuary in the safety of His word and immerse yourself in the powerful sounds of worship and praise. Satan will flee far from you--I promise. I know it works,I need to do this for myself at times. God is awesome, He is always the lover of our soul. We are here praying for you always.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 9:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I never end my day without checking on your post of Rebekah for that day and you all continue to be in my daily prayers. Be encouraged, God is holding you up. He promises never to leave us or forsake us. Blessings on you, Leanne

 
At Friday, September 09, 2005 6:04:00 AM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, September 09, 2005 6:06:00 AM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His Glory and Grace."

The Lord will never leave, nor forsake you.

Stat counters mean nothing when you consider that each person who comes here has many more who don't come here joined in prayer with them for your darling Rebekah, and Sarah, you and Francis.

You are being lifted up every minute of every day. I awoke several times in the night to pray for your family and to cancel all assignments of the evil one against Rebekah and her treatment and your whole family, your finances, etc.

God is so awesome and amazing, and so BIG!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...