Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Saturday, March 17, 2012



A Day Like One Other

Today I awoke in a house empty except for me and my emotions. In retrospect it is a very full house. Today is my wedding day. I have only ever said that one time before in my life and I can't help but compare the days. Although they do not seem specific, it is pretty clear where my emotions are coming from.

Like today, I woke early 21 years ago with a strong burning to get to the church to take care of those last minute touches so my beautiful bride could have a perfect wedding. This time the players have changed, most of them anyway, but the feelings are remarkably similar. 21 years ago Daryl stood by my side and his wife Ginger took care of me. Today Blair will be standing by my side and his wife Jenelle has taken care of us so well for so long. Yet Daryl and Ginger are still there and I cherish seeing their name on the RSVP list. My new brother in law Chuck stood on the altar with me then and he will be ushering people in today. My new mother in law Betty lit candles on the bride's side then and she will be lighting candles on my side today while my second new mother in law Terri lights them on the bride's side. Pastor Mike married me 21 years ago and today he and Marilyn will be traveling all the way across the state to join us; two more names I cherished to see on the list.

There are many similarities between today, yet there are obviously many differences.

What I can't decide is which category the most important lady of the day falls into. 21 years ago I married my best friend and a woman who would obviously be a wonderful Godly wife. And today I am doing the same. God gave me the most wonderful gift a man could ever have with Frances and we had 20 years of joyful marriage together before ALS took her away. She gave me two beautiful little girls who mean the world to me. Today I am marrying Tia who is also the most wonderful gift a man could ever have. She is also giving me two beautiful little girls who mean the world to me. And with her I look forward to as many joyful years of marriage as God will allow.

Throughout our marriage I believed that there was no way there could be anyone as wonderful for me as Frances. After her death I did not believe it could be possible to find someone who melded with me so well to complete one whole. Since God brought Tia into my life I cannot imagine what life would be like without her. I am a different me than I was 21 years ago and I am a different part of the whole. Tia melds so well with the different me, creating a different whole. Different but the same.

I can't believe how blessed I have been in my life. I can't believe what a wonderful life God has given. Please be rejoicing in prayer for me, Tia, Sydney, Rebekah, Katey and Sarah as we make this... a day like one other...

8 Shared:

At Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:32:00 AM, Anonymous Aunt Annie Left a thought...

My thoughts & prayers are with you today. Well said. Looking forward to the joyful event.

 
At Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:13:00 AM, Blogger Avozinha Left a thought...

May God lead you all today and always!

 
At Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:57:00 AM, Blogger Robyn Left a thought...

I hope your day is as beautiful as your new family has hoped and prayed for. I love this post, thanks for sharing!

 
At Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:05:00 AM, Anonymous Teresa Mathia Left a thought...

Thank you Scott. I could hardly read it through my own tears. Look forward to seeing you all later today to share this special moment in time with you and your family.

 
At Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Debbie Dunham Left a thought...

Oh, my my! That was SO beautiful! As always, Scott, thank you for sharing.

 
At Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:11:00 AM, Blogger erinannie Left a thought...

I don't want to say "good luck" to you. Luck has nothing to do with it. My heart is full and happy for you and your family today. May God bless your new journey together.
and may you find joy in all things.

 
At Sunday, March 18, 2012 8:31:00 AM, Anonymous Amanda Stark Left a thought...

I am so happy you found love and joy in your lives together!

 
At Saturday, July 28, 2012 8:37:00 AM, Blogger Lora Left a thought...

I am so happy for both of you...for all of you! That you may all have happiness and be blessed!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...