Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Saturday, December 10, 2011



A New Normal - Or Just Normal?

After Frances made the decision to go Home to God this summer I found myself talking to others about our plans. We knew we would take our several week vacation and then come back home, start school and get down to the new "normal" with just the three of us. With Frances being incapacitated and bed bound for so long, so many people in and out of our lives and house, sleeping in motorhomes, camping trailers, the couch, the playroom etc. we had not had a traditionally family in so long and I never expected one again for a long time. It is often said that the Adams' don't do things in a normal way!

I had actually forgotten what it was like to have a traditionally normal family - until last night.

I came home from a long day in court; in another state even. When I walked in the door I was greeted to a chorus of "Daddy's home!" "Your Daddy's home!" and "Welcome home handsome!" I received hugs and kisses (on the cheek!) For the next several hours I watched 5 beautiful girls clean up around the house, fold laundry, act like sisters, and do some schooling/educating along the way. It was emotional. In fact writing about it now is emotional.

Last night the girls went to the playroom to watch a kiddo movie and Tia and I stayed out in the family room watching a sappy love story - which I kinda liked. The girls (all except Tia who went home as modesty and appropriateness are very important to us) all stayed the night. This morning Tia is on her way back over to have breakfast with us and get ready for Rebekah's birthday party this afternoon.

It has been so long that I actually think I had forgotten what traditionally normal feels like. We have been through so many "new normals" that I had actually forgotten how good it feels. Very very good. Whatever our "new normal" has been at any given time over the last few years I have tried to delight in the place God had put us. I have to admit that the newest "new normal," the one I just want to call normal, is one of the biggest blessings God could ever have given all of us. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

4 Shared:

At Saturday, December 10, 2011 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Sue Z Left a thought...

You so deserve this new normal. Enjoy!!

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2011 11:43:00 AM, Blogger M Left a thought...

I LOVE reading your blog. I LOVE that your life is happy. But honestly, what I LOVE the most is that you have chosen to be happy. I noticed that in this post (and others) and many of your comments on fb, you and your friends are commenting how "blessed" you are. If you stack up your trials in the past few years they would overwhelm anyone. And a cynic would blame God and bemoan the lack of blessings.

Yet you still go out searching for goodness and God's love. I am so impressed and I can hardly wait to hear how you continue to embrace life. Congrats on finding so many blessings, finding a new normal, and finding a few more beautiful women to add to your life!

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:26:00 AM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

Ah...the Lord will restore seven fold the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the crawling locust, the consuming locust, and the chewing locust....through all of the various "normals" of your life...when you CHOSE to delight in the Lord in spite of all the difficulty and pain - in the midst of all the damage from the "locusts"...the Lord is honoring your faithfulness. Of that, there is no doubt! You deserve every good and perfect gift which He will give, Scott! Be blessed! I am thrilled for you and believe that Frances looks down on you and smiles. :)

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:01:00 PM, Blogger Vicki Left a thought...

Praise God that you have found a new normal or it has found you! Whatever the case, I am so happy that you are able to embrace life and be happy and even joyful as you praise God for your blessings. I have learned so many valuable lessons from you and your precious family during the last few years. You have been and continue to be an inspiration to me. God bless you and yours and hoping that you have a Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...