Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, November 24, 2011



Thankful For Two...

Or is that 4? Or 6?

As my screensaver alternates between a picture of a beautiful mother and her two beautiful little girls to a picture of another beautiful mother and her two beautiful girls I realize that my heart is doing the same thing. There is a place in my heart for two mothers and four daughters. I would not have thought it so but God has a way of making things happen that we are surprised about.

I previously wrote: "I do not know how I go about finding the right person to do that but God does, and I am trying hard to put my faith in Him. I have written a lot about what I want in that person and may post that here another time, but for now I will say that my next wife will be for another life time and will affect not just my life but the girls’ as well. I want the decision as to who that will be to be a good one and not just an emotional one. But what I do know is that finding that person with all the insurmountable hurdles will be impossible by myself. God, are you listening?"

It's time to share with you that yes indeed, God was listening. Not only was He listening but He was also smiling as He already had a plan. A plan that I can now see He has been preparing for a while. One of these days I may bless you with ALL the ways that He prepared us for this but for the introductory purposes of this post let me be brief and hit some of the highlights.

Shortly after writing the above quote I gave my needs, desires, hopes, loneliness, feelings (or whatever else you want to call them) over to God, telling Him that I was giving up trying to do anything on my own. The next day I received a letter from a very Godly man giving me words that the Holy Spirit had shared with him, words saying that it was not good for man (or me) to be alone and that I would find someone. I think it also important to share that "Go find someone to love." is one of the very last things Frances said to me before she died. A few days after receiving the letter I was in the middle of a very hectic day when God very clearly ordered me to stop and have my wedding ring cut off. It would not come off on its own and I hadn't emotionally been able to cut it off. That day I still didn't want to yet was obedient to do so against my own comfort level. God was preparing me even when I didn't want to be prepared. (Again, there is so much more depth here but these are the highlights!)

The very next day I made a phone call to Tia. I had communicated with her a few times over face book at the request of a very close friend and colleague but had not really hit it off. In fact I was calling her that evening to apologize for my rudeness in not getting back to her and to explain to her that I was not interested in any relationship with anyone at that point. God, however, had other plans as that first phone call between Tia and I lasted 7 hours. And it has just gotten better from there.

Tia was widowed 6 years ago and has two little girls, Sydney and Katelyn that are just as beautiful as Rebekah and Sarah. Each of her girls are just about 18 months older than mine and wonderfully polite, spunky and smart! Tia is a highly respected member and ministry leader in her church and in "researching" her the common descriptive phrase I hear about her is "she is one of the most Godly women I know." After spending some time with her I can echo that. They live about 20 miles from us. Tia is a Mary Kay consultant and home schools.


Only God knows where this is headed; He is being pretty strong about the leading and we are both trying to be cautious. Obviously the mere fact that I am sharing this here means something about the level of seriousness between us. We have committed to building our relationship with behavior that is public and God honoring. We are spending lots of time together doing that and are excited. I guess it can be summed up with this: When asking Sydney whether it was okay that I was taking lots of her momma's time she replied "Momma is happy when she is talking to you." And last night on my face book a friend posted "Yea! Scott's happy!!! A lot to be thankful for indeed!"

6 Shared:

At Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:26:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie Roscoe-AFN Ministries Left a thought...

WOW. That is amazing. What an awesome God we serve!

 
At Monday, November 28, 2011 8:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'm happy for you and pray God blesses the both of your and guides you on this journey together.

 
At Monday, November 28, 2011 8:30:00 PM, Anonymous Ellen Whipple Left a thought...

Hey Scott- funny, I was thinking about reading your blog just today. Really! Then my son came over tonight, asked me if I've "read" about your family or seen you at COSTCO lately. Nope! So now I have heard AND read for myself your exciting news (both about Rebekah good news, and the joy of "meeting" Tia!). Yes God is truly awesome, especially His perfect timing. So happy for your happiness right now. What a special gift you've been given. Maybe I'll see ya in COSTCO soon- I know you know how to shop (unlike doing laundry!!)!

 
At Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:07:00 PM, Blogger Aphra Left a thought...

I have been reading since this blog started but don't think I have commented. I read this a couple of days ago and thanked God for the miracle it sounds like he has done!

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2011 11:20:00 AM, Blogger beachbirdie Left a thought...

I am very happy that you have been open to a new relationship.

"It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him."
Genesis 2:17-19 (ESV)

I have often had this discussion with my husband. I have made it clear that if something should happen to me, he *must* find another person to go through life beside him.

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:06:00 PM, Blogger Vicki Left a thought...

God always has a plan for us, always knows exactly what we need and will provide it, if we are obedient and listen to Him. I am so very happy for you and for Tia! God bless.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...