Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, October 27, 2011



Speechless...

For those of you that don't know, not only am I an adoption attorney but I was also adopted. I have searched long and hard to try and find my birthparents and have had no luck. I just received a phone call that left me speechless. In fact it took me so by surprised that I had to ask the person to let me call them back. The relevant portion of the very short phone call was:

"Is this Scott? Scott my name is _____. I am doing some research and found out that my mother lived in a home for unwed mothers [the same one my birthmom lived in] and gave birth to a baby boy around [my birth date] and was forced to give him up for adoption..."

I had to end the conversation right there, getting a number to call her back. My emotions are running right now. Not sure if I am ready to call her back.

5 Shared:

At Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:44:00 PM, Blogger Debbie Dunham Left a thought...

Oh my!!! I had chills run all through me as I read this. As an adoptive mom who has been blessed to have met one of my daughter's birth family (this was an international closed adoption), I cannot even begin to express what a wonderful opportunity that was. Now, my daughter has had a lot of additional "stuff" to work through, but I'm pretty sure, overall, it was a good experience. I hope you will return that phone call.

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:58:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

Scott....all I have to say is that your steps are ordered of the Lord...it's all in God's perfect timing that you received that call. I will be praying for you as you process all the emotion that I can't even imagine is in your heart right now. Keep us posted!

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Wow. I don't know what else to say right now except - WOW!

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:41:00 PM, Blogger Kara Chupp Left a thought...

Oh Scott...I can't believe this...incredible.
I'm sure you have so many mixed emotions right now...

 
At Sunday, October 30, 2011 5:35:00 PM, Anonymous Teresa Mathia Left a thought...

Wow and Wow!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...