Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, September 22, 2011



Moving Forward - What To Do?

Someone told me recently on my Facebook page that I should write a book. I answered that I blog and FB as therapy. Somehow I don't think writing a book would have the same effect. I also have to admit that while I don't blog or FB for the feedback, the feedback is spectacular and many times has kept me going.

Now I am torn about where to go from here. As we move on just the three of us A LOT of new things are coming to play. A new season if you will. I wonder if blogging about the life of a single daddy is an appropriate continuation of Rebekah's Page or whether it should be its own blog. Rebekah's Page has in the past had quite a following; would those same people be interested in following where we go from here or do I need to develop a new following on a new blog? Would anyone follow a new blog? Does anyone care? (Hint - these are not meant to be rhetorical questions. Please give me your thoughts!)

17 Shared:

At Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:12:00 AM, Anonymous TaLanda Left a thought...

I dont know, I have a dear friend whom blogs, FBs, and has her first book she is writing. She has been through a lot of TRAUMA, and she said writing the book has been the best therapy....

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:35:00 AM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

Keep on writing on Rebekah's Page. If you decide to get a different blog, you may lose some followers. Yes, it's a new season, but we all still want to know how the Adam's family is coping and thriving and loving. God bless. . . (P.S. - I think a book is a great idea!)

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:39:00 AM, Blogger gretchen w Left a thought...

IF you choose to start a new blog I would definitely want to follow it, but I don't think it's needed. What you are writing and the way in which you do it may have changed some over time, but that is natural, and it's still about Rebekah and her life.. it has just become bigger than that, and I think that is a wonderful thing.

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:52:00 AM, Anonymous Vannessah Left a thought...

I vote for a new blog since you're finding yourself on a new path. I love to read about your trials and tribulations (while giggling sometimes and roll my eyes other times) with the girls, your family (hi Jenny!) and life in general. You have a gift for talking about your day and your thoughts and feelings that not everyone possesses. You need a catchy name. How about "Scott's Scuttlebutt" (ok, I was in the Navy, so not everyone would understand that reference, but you get the idea)?

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I would follow your blog if you stay here or if you start a new one, I care about your family and appreciate being able to check for updates.

Praying for you always

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My heart is permanently invested in your family. I will follow where you go. I think a new blog is a fantastic idea to mark a new season not so much about Rebekah but your family unit as a whole and how daddy moves forward. Challenges and triumphs. Fresh start. People truly invested will follow. Others may fall off. But that is okay.

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'll follow whether you do it on this blog or create another blog.
~Dana

 
At Friday, September 23, 2011 1:34:00 AM, Blogger Unknown Left a thought...

Hi I've been reading this blog for a very long time, though I don't often comment, and I would like to keep up with your story. However, I do feel that it's your life ultimately and you need to do what is right for you and the girls. If blogging helps you then do it, if not then don't. And if you feel like a fresh start in a new blog, it doesn't take much effort for us readers to come over to it with you. So, what I'm saying is do what you feel is best for you and we'll follow.

 
At Friday, September 23, 2011 6:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I would continue to following. I look at your site everyday to see if you have a new post.

 
At Friday, September 23, 2011 7:19:00 AM, Anonymous Fred Left a thought...

Try writing a short version first. There is much in the blog that is inspiring or though-provoking. An article would bring that to a larger audience. If they want to read more, they can then drop by the blog to see the whole tale as it unfolded. I have dropped by the website about once a year, each time because I stumble, yet again, across a little girl with the same name as my own little girl. It always touches my heart and makes me think. Thank you for sharing your family's story.

 
At Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Kara Chupp Left a thought...

We would definitely "follow" a new blog...and I'm torn.
New chapter--I can see why you might want to start a new blog.
On the otherhand--who you are, all that you and the girls and Frances have been through...it's the whole story.
So...if you do start a new one...I hope you will transfer a few posts so that new followers can share in the journey that brought you to this place.

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:43:00 AM, Blogger Avozinha Left a thought...

Life has so many surprises... Rebekah's Page has changed a lot along the years, because life is like this. We have all remained faithful to reading the Words of the Family...
Keeping the same or changing to another blog, we'll be here anyway!

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2011 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Left a thought...

I hope you stay with this blog and keep us updated on where and what the good lord has planned for you. I have enjoyed your words very much and look forward to your postings.

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:45:00 PM, Anonymous jodi tucker Left a thought...

Keep this blog as a legacy for the girls to always have. In their future, they will want to read it in it's entirety from 2005 on. So, if you were to start a new blog, could this one just stay as is and be in cyberland forever??

 
At Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:23:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie Roscoe-AFN Ministries Left a thought...

I think you should keep the blog and let it evolve naturally, but I would also follow a new blog if that is the direction you decided to take.

 
At Saturday, October 01, 2011 3:57:00 PM, Blogger Debbie Dunham Left a thought...

Just keep posting here. This has become your family's story, your literary home.

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2011 7:15:00 PM, Anonymous Jessica Left a thought...

I vote for keeping this blog. The girls will want to look back on it all one day too and everything that has happened has made you the people that you are today. It's all a part of all of your lives.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...