Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Saturday, August 27, 2011



Memorial Service Day

Mommy wrote this to the girls. I think, on this day, it is for all of us:

Dear Rebekah and Sarah,

I know that this is a sad time for you. I wish I could take all your sadness and pain away, but unfortunately I can't. But I promise you that it will get better. As time goes on, you won't cry so much and you won't think about Mommy as often. That doesn't mean that you love me any less and I look forward to the day when you don't have to cry about Mommy.

You can help Daddy and each other to not feel so sad and they can help you too. Other people who love you and me will be sad too. God didn't make Mommy sick, it is Satan (who is sometimes called the Devil) who caused Mommy to be sick. Mommy chose to continue to trust in God and lean on Him for strength, comfort and hope. God is good all the time.

Mommy isn't with you where you can give me kisses or tell me about your day or read me stories. But you can look up into the sky and talk to me. I will be watching you from heaven. Mommy misses you very much and I know that you miss me too. Keep all the wonderful memories of the time we spent together and the fun times we have had. Remember that Mommy is in heaven which is beautiful place and where I get to be with God and Jesus. Mommy doesn't have any more pain and I can walk and talk and sing and dance and I don't have to be in bed all the time. I will never stop loving you! When you get really sad you can get your heart blanket that Mommy made for you and wrap it around you and think about Mommy giving you a big hug.

I enjoyed baking with you. You always enjoyed baking cookies or cakes or breads with Mommy. Do you remember the time when we made cookies for the soldier who was fighting to keep our country free? He was very thankful for the cookies and for our thoughtfulness. Sometimes you even helped bake birthday cakes.

We have had so much fun camping together! We camped by the beach, and on the mountain and in the forest and even at our house. We have camped with family and we have camped with groups including the travelers where you got to help walk the doggies, Candlelighters Family Camp where you had buddies, Camp Agape, several different church camps and nafa with all of the adopted kids.

We have gone to the zoo, omsi and the children's museum. Do you remember going to the zoo at night with Katherine and Grace and their parents when we saw all the Christmas lights and rode on the train to see even more lights? Afterwards we went to a restaurant for a warm me up snack.

Keep learning about God and Jesus and one day a long time from now it will be time for you to come to heaven to be with Jesus, God and Mommy. You can always talk to Daddy about your feelings or anything that you want to talk about. And you can talk to Jesus any time you want to and ask him anything you want or tell him what you are thinking or how you are feeling. You can look up to the sky and talk to Mommy.

I love you with all my heart,
Mommy

3 Shared:

At Saturday, August 27, 2011 9:21:00 AM, Anonymous Teresa Mathia Left a thought...

Through my tears, thank you.

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2011 5:34:00 PM, Anonymous Sarah Mathia Left a thought...

Very beautifully written by a wonderful mother, wife and friend. You are missed, very loved and never forgotten.

Scott, thank you for sharing this beautiful letter with us that she left.

Sending much love,
Sarah

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:37:00 PM, Blogger Jenn Left a thought...

I came across your page by accident, but deep in my heart I know it wasn't an accident at all, that God arranged for me to see this. I am a mom of two young children, and earlier today I was taking my life for granted. I was crying to my husband about how to be a better mother, and that our kids were out of control today. I prayed that God would help me not to take these precious years for granted, to give me a heart to love my kids and yearn for the Lord.

I am in tears, many streams of tears, and this has directed my heart in the right direction. Thank you for touching my heart.

Jennifer

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...