Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Monday, August 22, 2011



Please Remember Frances' Service

Please remember Frances' Memorial Service this Saturday. I have a recurring nightmare of no one showing up.

We are asking everyone that knew her to write something out to put in a book to the girls about who their mommy was and what she meant to you. We will have some paper to do that at the service but it would be nice if you could think about it ahead of time and have it written out. If you can't be there, would you please be so kind as to still participate in that part.

3 Shared:

At Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:11:00 AM, Blogger wendy Left a thought...

I only know your family thru your blog - could you include my message in your book for the girls- (unless you e mail me an address and I will write it out)

I knew your family thru your blog - and was inspired many times by your stories - i know none of you personally but, yet i feel like i know you all- remember the love your mom felt for you - close your eyes and allow your selves to feel enveloped by it - it will guide you thru your years -

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:16:00 AM, Blogger Rebekah Christine Left a thought...

Wendy. Thank you. Check your FB messages for a street address. We'd prefer written out things for the girls if at all possible.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 4:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Scott...my heart goes out to you and your girls. Our families don't know each other, but I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting your precious daughter Rebekah at school last year. She decided to join my daughters and I at the lunch table, and boy was I glad she did. She even joined me on the play ground to run around with her. She truly warmed my heart and it made my day to meet someone so special, so full of life.

I then found out about your story through Facebook regarding Frances passing. It broke my heart. My prayers are with you all - I can only imagine what a remarkable woman Frances was, as I saw what an amazing little girl Rebekah was in a matter of 30 minutes :-)

God Bless you for being an amazingly strong father for your girls and an unbelievable husband for Frances. I can't imagine how tough things are right now, and how hard they have been...but you will be blessed for the remarkable things you are doing in life.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...