Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Tuesday, October 04, 2011



Angels Rejoicing

We have talked about many very personal things on the blog, but none so personal as this. We have talked about how we have heard from people that something they read here influenced their decision for Christ and have shared how multiple times we have said "Lord, if this person coming to Christ was the reason for all of this suffering then we praise You for it." As much as those have meant to us, none have meant so much as this.

As we were driving in the truck Sunday evening, 7 year old Sarah was reciting John 3:16. Her verse: "For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall have eternal life." After her reciting it while driving home we sat in the truck in our driveway and talked about what it meant. We had a very adult conversation and I was proud of her understanding of scripture far beyond just this verse.

Fast forward 24 hours. Monday night she was working on memory verses again and again we talked about what they meant. In that she said, somewhat in passing, "like I did..." I wasn't sure I heard it right and in fact wasn't sure she knew what she was saying so I let it go.

Fast forward another 24 hours. Tonight I pulled her up on the couch with me and asked her what she meant when she said "like I did..." last night. She proceeded to share with me about sin, about how a perfect Christ died on the cross to carry our sin away from God and how asking Christ into your life means you will have God in your life forever and have forever life with God in Heaven after you die. She shared with me about talking to Jesus and asking Him into your heart. When I asked her again about what she meant when she said "I did that" she said "I asked Jesus into my life the other night, after we talked in the truck, while brushing my teeth."

Lots of things make a parent proud. I cannot imagine that anything can make a parent prouder. The Bible says angels in Heaven rejoice when a soul comes to Christ. I know that, in addition to the angels there, so is Mommy!

Labels:

4 Shared:

At Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:41:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie Roscoe-AFN Ministries Left a thought...

AWESOME!!!!

 
At Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:20:00 AM, Anonymous Aunt Annie Left a thought...

Wow Scott - this is wonderful. It makes my heart sing.

 
At Friday, October 07, 2011 1:46:00 PM, Blogger Avozinha Left a thought...

And so do we rejoice! Praise the Lord! May He keep your little daughter by His side her whole life through!

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2011 9:28:00 AM, Anonymous Teresa Mathia Left a thought...

The most precious gift a child can give to themselves and to the crown of a parent's life. I pray that the Holy Spirit will bloom in her life beyond her years as He instructs her and builds a most awesome relationship with her.
I rejoice with you and Frances and the angels!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...