Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, January 26, 2012



"Daddy Come Quick! Help!"

These are words, being shouted with concern/fear from the bathroom, that this single dad of two little girls dreaded to hear. Even though my girls are prepubescent and barely pubescent these words still freaked me out.

Running to the bathroom...well okay, walking and taking as much time as I can very afraid of what I am going to find...I am thinking to myself "Oh please let it be an overflowing toilet, a flood from the sink or anything else but THAT!" In the steps from the kitchen to the bathroom I'm asking myself "Do I have what I need in the house?" and "How do I calm her understandable fears?" As I take the last few steps I understand that yes, I can deal with this.

Pushing the door open I can finally breathe again when she asks me to help hang the robe hooks back over the top of the door as it had slipped off one side. Thank you God for very small but wonderfully relieving blessings! Please have a good day; I know I will because no matter what happens it has definitely started out better than it could have!!!

2 Shared:

At Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

Smiling! ....realizing that you will not have to face those moments alone now that the Lord has brought Tia into your life. :) In fact - you just possibly may avoid facing them altogether! ;)

 
At Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:03:00 PM, Anonymous Beth Schade Left a thought...

Scott- I've wondered for months what had happened with Frances & how you have been, did a google search again tonight And found your blog. Read plenty....
Wow. I am nearly speechless. But I arm so happy for you and Tia. What a blessing. God really is great and does work in mysterious ways. So, so happy for you all.
-Beth

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...