Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Tuesday, December 27, 2011



Not My Plans Nor My Timing, But His.

I awoke this morning in a third story bedroom of a rustic open beamed, wood everywhere home. As I opened my blinds I looked out to a beautiful layer of white snow covering the ground and the high desert pines that only somewhat blocked my view of an ice covered river. Outside my window was one small deer, casually foraging from bush to bush trying to find her breakfast in this wonderful area God created and we call Montana.

But even more beautiful than the view and the home are its occupants. Last night Tia, Sydney, Rebekah, Katey, Sarah and I arrived in the home of Tia's father, Grandpa Kim and his wife Grandma Marian. We arrived after dark but the beauty of the place, outside and in, was still evident. We had new family introductions, a lovingly prepared dinner waiting for us, and then brought in bags. The adults got to know each other while the kids played outside in the snow and throughout their temporary cabin like accommodations.

We had come to get to know more of Tia's family. But I also had another purpose. Short one 15 second phone call on the way here yesterday, I have never spoken with Grandpa Kim since I started courting Tia. I had felt remiss about starting our courtship without seeking the wisdom (and permission) of her father. When I formally asked Tia's permission to court her I promised her I would not take any further steps with her without seeking her father's permission. I had planned, after spending the week getting to know them, to ask Grandpa Kim for Tia's hand in marriage. But like many...most...all other things in our growing relationship, God had other timing in mind. After sharing most (not even all) of our story with him Grandpa Kim blurted out 'What are we waiting for, when are you going to marry this girl?'

Not shocked, but taken aback I was. And yes, I believe Tia was a bit too. After having my time schedule changed on me and getting my senses together I shared with him that this was something I wanted to talk with him about. In the middle of this Tia went upstairs to help the girls with some "emergency." After a few more minutes of conversation I knew for sure that we had Grandpa Kim's blessing. While she was still upstairs I went out to the van and brought in some more things, actually just one more thing. It was something that I had not planned on needing until after the new year, or maybe new year's eve. But again, God's timing is a bit different than mine on this whole thing.

When Tia came downstairs with the girls I asked them all over to the table where Grandma, Grandpa and I were sitting. As she sat down I dropped to one knee in front of her and said "Tia, I have spoken with our children and have their blessing. I have spoken with your father and have his blessing. I love you will all of my heart." Then, for the second time in my life (excepting for practice of course,) I uttered the words "Will you marry me?" Through tears of joy and just a bit more shock, she answered "Yes!" We then proceeded out into the snow and danced our first dance as an engaged couple on a snow covered dance ring prepared by the girls just outside the dining room window. As we held each other and danced to the music of our hearts, Grandpa and Grandma shined a "spotlight" on us while they watched from inside.

Proud doesn't even do justice to the feeling I have as I announce that on March 17th 2012, Tia Bacon and Scott Adams will become one in the eyes of God and man. We hope you will reserve the date and join us at Southwest Bible Church in Beaverton, Oregon on that glorious day.

15 Shared:

At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:56:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie Roscoe-AFN Ministries Left a thought...

I am so excited and happy for you!!!! Congratulations!!!

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:58:00 AM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

Congratulations Scott. We all saw this coming! Happy for you both and of course, I'm praying for you all...always and still!

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:15:00 AM, Anonymous Rebecca G Left a thought...

Congratulations!!! I wish i could be there, But wishing you and the family all the best =)

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:22:00 AM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

Ill be there in spirit, Scott! God's blessing on your union. Congratulations, and I am very happy for ALL of you!

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:37:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Left a thought...

Congratulations to all of you! what a beautiful blessing!

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Robyn Left a thought...

Great things come to those who wait Tia! So thankful and happy for you!!!!

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:53:00 PM, Blogger Tia Bacon Left a thought...

I can't wait to see the wonderful things God has in store for our new family!

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:54:00 PM, Blogger Tia Bacon Left a thought...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:24:00 PM, Anonymous Jodi Tucker Left a thought...

Congrats and all His best to all six of you!! :)

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:31:00 AM, Blogger M Left a thought...

Congrats! I am so happy for you and am so proud of the goodness you invite into your life.

 
At Friday, December 30, 2011 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Avozinha Left a thought...

Clap clap clap! I wish I would be there... Maybe you'll both come to Portugal one day!

 
At Sunday, January 01, 2012 12:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

A heart felt congratulations to both of you and your families. May GOD grant to you years and years of JOY. With much love, John and Colleen

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 8:16:00 PM, Anonymous Teresa Mathia Left a thought...

Amen to all of the above comments Scott. God Bless all of you, each and every one!

 
At Monday, January 09, 2012 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Kara Chupp Left a thought...

So happy Scott...

 
At Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:40:00 AM, Anonymous Krissy Keelan Left a thought...

Hi there Scott. I haven't visited this page in years but dug out our old laptop and was going through some of my favorites and here I am. I have thought of you and your family so many time since we saw you last at Candlelighter's Family Camp, that must have been in 2010 maybe 2011. Things have sure changed since then for your family and ours! I'll have to read through your posts when I get a chance and get caught up. Our site is: www.caringbridge.org/visit/mckaylakeelan if you don't already have it.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...