Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Friday, September 10, 2010



Watch Out...

...Mommy is on the net with her speech device. Can't type much but can browse. Leave her a message here if you would like to.

14 Shared:

At Friday, September 10, 2010 7:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

God give you strength, Frances! You are in my thoughs and prayers across the miles!

 
At Friday, September 10, 2010 7:45:00 PM, Blogger Debbie Dunham Left a thought...

Hi Frances - Glad you're able to do a little net surfing. We just finished dinner and Nikki's on the way to the hospital. Keep her in line :-)

I had hoped to get by to see you this week, but it has been a crazy week from just having gotten back from our trip and all the catch-up that is involved.

Hoping that your hospital stay is coming to an end and you can get back home soon.

Have Scott give you a hug from me -- Debbie

 
At Friday, September 10, 2010 7:46:00 PM, Blogger Robyn Left a thought...

Frances, you'd be amazed at how many times each day God brings you and your family into my thoughts, which prompts me to pray often for all of you.

Though most of my contact with your family has been over the net I've been following you for more than five years now and feel deeply connected to all of you in such a strange way. Perhaps it's the love of Christ that binds his followers together?

You, Scott, Rebekah and Sarah have all been such inspirations to me. I get lost in thought frequently recognizing my need to love my family fully each day, and to live each day to the fullest. You never know what tomorrow will bring...

My heart aches for you and with you as you suffer. I cling to Romans 8:28, "God causes all things to work together for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose."

I don't understand God's ways. I don't understand his will. I certainly don't understand why he is allowing this in your life right now. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and turmoil you face daily. I do trust however, that his ways are so much higher than ours. I cling to that, and I hope you can find the strength to cling to that truth as well. And even if you can't, his love is never failing.

You are a beautiful woman of God, inside and out, Frances. There are so many people that love you and are holding you up in prayer daily.

May God bless you and keep you and make his face shine upon you!

Robyn

 
At Friday, September 10, 2010 8:37:00 PM, Blogger Trwaldo1 Left a thought...

Hi Frances, we are all praying for you and Love ya! Take care till I can get to give you a hug!

 
At Friday, September 10, 2010 9:04:00 PM, Blogger Amc Left a thought...

Frances,
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers all throughout the day, every day.
Your strength and faith is an inspiration to us all..
Sending love and prayers,
Allie and Alanie

 
At Friday, September 10, 2010 9:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Thinking and praying for you often. I think Rebekah had a good week back at school. She talked about you on the bus. Hugs!! Diane K

 
At Friday, September 10, 2010 9:36:00 PM, Blogger Unknown Left a thought...

Praying for you Frances and Scott. It was so good to see you both. I've been praying for your health and strength in this time of trial.

 
At Saturday, September 11, 2010 1:24:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

Hi Frances! I'm a little late in posting this as I'm sure I missed the time window when you were online surfing the internet - but perhaps you'll be back soon and see my note!!

Wanted to remind you that I pray for you several times a day - the Lord brings you to mind often! Praying as well for Scott, Rebekah and Sarah!

One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11 ..."For I know the plans that I have for you declares the Lord - plans to prosper you and not to harm you - to give you hope and a future!"

I, like Robyn who commented previously, can not begin to comprehend God's ways, why He allows things to be the way they are. I do know that He loves you with an everlasting love and has promised to never leave or forsake you. Praying daily that you will always feel His arms around you - that you will be free from pain - that your heart will be full of His love and peace.

Sending you a hug across the miles!

Love and prayers! Deb

 
At Saturday, September 11, 2010 1:25:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

Hi Frances! I'm a little late in posting this as I'm sure I missed the time window when you were online surfing the internet - but perhaps you'll be back soon and see my note!!

Wanted to remind you that I pray for you several times a day - the Lord brings you to mind often! Praying as well for Scott, Rebekah and Sarah!

One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11 ..."For I know the plans that I have for you declares the Lord - plans to prosper you and not to harm you - to give you hope and a future!"

I, like Robyn who commented previously, can not begin to comprehend God's ways, why He allows things to be the way they are. I do know that He loves you with an everlasting love and has promised to never leave or forsake you. Praying daily that you will always feel His arms around you - that you will be free from pain - that your heart will be full of His love and peace.

Sending you a hug across the miles!

Love and prayers! Deb

 
At Saturday, September 11, 2010 4:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hello Frances,
My name is Wendy, you bought my husband Guy's van many months ago. You and your family are in my constant prayers. I wanted to let you know that my daugther Amanda and I are participating in the "Walk to Defeat ALS" in Tacoma on September 25th. Our Team name is Guy #22 LFD, we will be walking in memory of Guy and in support of you. God grant you peace, comfort and strength to endure this journey you are on.

Hugs
Wendy and Amanda Ploegman

 
At Saturday, September 11, 2010 9:10:00 PM, Blogger Kim Meyer Cameron Left a thought...

Hi Frances:)

You are in my prayers.

Love, Kim:)

 
At Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:11:00 AM, Anonymous Leanne from Pa. Left a thought...

Hi Frances, Just want you to know that I check Rebekah's Page every day and keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts snd will continue to do so, God bless you today and always.

 
At Sunday, September 12, 2010 7:53:00 AM, Blogger hicktownmom Left a thought...

Scott and Frances,
I just want you to know that our family talks about you often and prays for you together. Your journey has become intertwined with our lives and we pray for continued strength and courage as you face the future.
We love you.
Robyn

 
At Monday, September 13, 2010 9:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hello Frances! :)
I pray for you every day and know you are in God's tender care. The evidence of His presence in your life is very apparent to me and I marvel at the many answered prayers in you and your family's lives over the past years. I struggle with the "why's" once in a while and have to move on to focus on all that He has done. Blessings Frances, pretend I am hugging your neck, like I always do. Love, Teresa Mathia

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...