Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, September 15, 2005



The Day After

Thank you all so much for the blessings on our last day of radiation.  Once finally home Rebekah slept most of the day and into the evening.  About 9:00pm she wanted up and to come out in the living room.  She sat on the couch and opened up the presents that she had been given earlier in the day.  She LOVES the magic wand that makes noise and lights up etc.  She also have very clear ideas where the wind chime she was given should go.

We want to clear up a small misconception that some have had.  Although rejoicing to be over the daily early morning trips to the hospital, we are no where near done with her treatments.  Her chemo therapy continues into next year.  We will still be living at the hospital between 1/3 and ½ of the time.  Our sincere hope is that she continues to manage the chemo therapy as well as she has in the past but the cumulative effect is scaring us a little.  

Today we have a new friend from Quiet Waters Outreach (a group that provides respite care for parents and siblings of those with disabilities like Rebekah’s Cerebral Palsy) coming to watch over Rebekah while we take Sarah to get her one year shots.  We are absolutely sure Sarah will love that…    

Please continue to pray for ongoing protection from the long lasting effects of radiation, for strength, and for the ability for us to get a few things put in order around here like the wood party this weekend.

16 Shared:

At Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:24:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

Prayers continuing....

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My mom sent this poem to me this morning and I instantly thought of Rebekah and her family as well as Maggie and hers. I wanted to share it with you but you will need to bare with me as it is a little long. It is titled I refuse to be discouraged.
I refuse to be discouraged,
To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted,
and here's the reason why...
I have a God who's mighty,
Who's sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me,
and I am on His team.
He is all wise and powerful,
Jesus is His name;
Though everything is changeable,
My God remains the same.
My God knows all that's happening;
Beginning to the end,
His presence is my comfort,
He is my dearest friend.
When sickness comes to weaken me,
To bring my head down low,
I call upon my mighty God;
Into His arms I go.
When circustances threaten
to rob me from my peace;
He draws me close unto His breast,
Where all my strivings cease.
And when my heart melts within me,
and weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms,
He soothes my heart and soul.
The great "I AM" is with me,
My life is in His hand,
The "SON of the LORD" is my hope,
It's in His strength I stand.
I refuse to be defeated,
My eyes are on my God;
He has promised to be with me,
as through this life I trod.
I'm looking past all my circumstances,
To Heaven's throne above;
My prayers have reached the heart of God,
I'm resting in His love.
I give God thanks in everything,
My eyes are on His face;
The battle's His, the victory is mine;
He'll help me win the race.

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:31:00 AM, Blogger jomo Left a thought...

Always in prayer for Rebekah and the family.

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

you got a praying buddy in me, I love that poem ;-D
huggggs from Missouri

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

I'm rejoicing that radiation is over, but still praying for the journey ahead.

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

We're not going anywhere. You're stuck with us through the long haul.

Rejoicing in milestones and praying for all that is yet to come.

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Pam Left a thought...

Chemo continues, yes, we continue as well..in prayer and thoughts. Together we will do this.

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Ileana Left a thought...

It's so good to know how well she's progressing. This is such great news...she's completed radiation. Of course, I will continue to pray for Rebekah as she continues with chemo. You have remained strong and hopeful...such loving, wonderful parents. Keep on keepin' on! :)

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:08:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Would not even consider breaking this good, heartfelt habit....praying for Rebekah and family. I am very glad that radiation is over!! But, more prayers for the remaining chemo time are already happening by me and many others, as evidenced on this blog. God is good!!
Love to you, Jodi and OH cousins

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:44:00 PM, Blogger {LyndsD} Left a thought...

Always an extra special prayer for you all...!!!

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Rejoice in the Lord always for has done great things. Excited for the blessings that have come to Maggie during her visit to Disneyland as well. My prayers are always with you guys.

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

God is so Good, may he continue to provide comfort, and continue to protect sweet Rebecca. Praying for you as always.

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 7:50:00 AM, Blogger MarylandMommy Left a thought...

Prayers to all of you.....

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 8:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Good morning Precious Rebekah, My family and I have been thinking of you a lot. You, your family, friend Maggie and her family have been heavy on our hearts for some time now. Sometimes it is hard to think aobut anything else during the day. So it seems we spend more time in prayer. The two of you have been an awesome God send to our family. We have always prayed as a family and individually but until recently we were not very diligent. Thank you for all you have taught us and conitnue to teach us each day. Your strength and light are amazing. Stay strong and remember that God is good, He loves you more than you can ever know. We can't wait to meet you tomorrow. Love you lots, Jim, Connie, Angelica and Melysa Mae Juengel

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 9:39:00 AM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

Bless you always.

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 12:09:00 PM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

Lots of prayers!!

See you guys tomorrow bright and early!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...