Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Home, Camping and Back Home

We made it home safely late Thursday, packed up the camping trailer Friday morning and headed out to the beach for a ham radio convention that we help with every year and made it back home Sunday evening.

Our flights home were pretty good. Once we boarded the plane in Columbus, Sarah fell asleep while we were still at the gate. One of the flight attendants came and talked with Daddy and told him that Rebekah was invited into the cockpit to visit with the pilots. She went straight for the controlls and seemed to have a good time. The entire flight crew was affected by Rebekah. She was treated like royalty. Once again, she touched some lives. After she got back to her seat, and before we moved away from the gate, she fell asleep. She slept for most of the flight. She would wake up occasionally and grumble for a few minutes and then go back to sleep. Sarah slept for about two hours.

As we were approaching Phoenix, Sarah started to get fussy. I thought her ears might be bothering her, so I put some drops in her ears. She seemed to settle down, so either the drops helped or something else was the matter and it resolved itself.

The flight from Phoenix to Portland was reasonably uneventful. The girls were reasonably well behaved. We had lots of activities for them and snacks, etc...

Our plane landed a little before 10 pm Pacific Time. It was nearly midnight by the time we got our bags, found our transportation (the white stretch limo again) and drove home. It took a while to get the girls into bed and to sleep. Sarah was very insistent that she have her Dora mimi (music). The cd was somewhere in our baggage, but it was clear that she was not going to settle down any time soon if I didn't find it. Since I wanted to get to bed myself (we had been up for about 21 hours), I searched through the bags and found it. Daddy and Mommy fell into bed shortly after that. We hoped that the girls would sleep in and we would be able to get a good night's sleep. No such luck! They were up at about 7 am.

We packed up the camping trailer and headed to the beach for the weekend to help Grandma M with a ham radio convention. The girls love to go camping and love to spend time with Grandma M, too! The camping trailer was really just for sleeping, but the girls had a good time "camping" and helping Grandma.

We made it back home early this evening and are looking forward to another night in our own beds... There is nothing quite like home... Now it is time to head towards bed and we get to start the "normal" routine back up tomorrow morning.

2 Shared:

At Monday, June 04, 2007 10:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

As much as I love getting away, coming home and sleeping in my own bed again is always a welcome treat at the end of an adventure.

Welcome home! How neat about Rebekkah getting to go into the cockpit!

At Thursday, June 07, 2007 8:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Greetings from Boston Ronald McDonald House. I finally had a chance to check up on the blog. Sound like the trip back went ok. You had a lot of fun while you were gone - no reason to stop!

Best Regards,
Mark Matteson


Post a Comment

Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...