Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Couple of Days w Friends and Family

Yesterday we spent the day driving around the area meeting with friends and family that we have not seen in awhile. Because of busy schedules on everyones part, and some "I'll get around to it..." on our parts, much of these meetings are last minute set ups and we have gone from not being sure whether we would be doing anything these last couple of days in Ohio to having 3 or 4 different visits a day.

Yesterday we started off the morning with the girls getting ready for school with Rachel and Julia, watching Rachel walk down the street for the bus and then walking down the street with Julia when she went to catch the bus. Rebekah and Sarah thought it was so cool that Julia was riding the bus to school and they got to go be there when she got on.

We then headed out to have lunch with some friends that daddy used to work with, Steve and Linda Hennis. Steve and Linda were the ones who were instrumental in getting us our first "parenting jobs" with kittens back when we lived here. When they all worked together none of us had kiddos and now there are 6 between us. LOTS of updating and stuff to talk about. It was really REALLY awesome to see them and we are hoping to see them one more time at the office where daddy used to work just after lunch today. Steve and Linda with Rebekah:

After leaving the restaurant we made one more last minute phone call to some other friends on that side of town that we have not seen in a while. Luckily we caught them and were able to go spend a bit of time with them between their errands and games and all of the busy things in life that we have to look forward to once our little ones get older. They have a little girl just a bit older than Rebekah who was a wonderful host, sharing all of her toys and playing with the girls so the big people could talk:

We then left their house and headed over to see daddy's Uncle Bobby (Rebekah's Grandma's Brother) who is the last living relative on that side of the family (except for Grandma obviously). He showed us some upgrades (actual complete rebuilding and additions as nice as they are) to daddy's Grandma's house where daddy grew up playing. The house has changed a lot and is now modern and classy rather than the older grandparent house that many of us played in. It was emotionally difficult for daddy to be in that area, in the house, etc. as daddy was close to his grandpa and grandma and misses them a lot. While we were there Rebekah fell (tripping on the perfectly level floor) and beating herself up, bloody nose, mouth and all. Obviously that took awhile to calm down. Here's the family with Uncle Bobby:

Today its 4 more "meetings," trying to get to a UPS Store to send home some boxes so we don't have to carry as much stuff on the plane tomorrow, packing, etc. Then tomorrow is a drive across the state back to Columbus and airline ride home that will get us there just after midnight Thursday night/Friday morning bringing this whole adventure to an end. Where do we go from there? It's all in God's hands.

3 Shared:

At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Wow, you guys have had a whirlwind!!! You've been so busy that it has been hard to even keep up with the blog! Wow. It sounds like you have all had a good time and we are all so happy for your family.
In His Peace,
Mark, Laura, McKenna, Caleb and Brent.

At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 6:33:00 PM, Blogger My Kid's Mom Left a thought...

Have a safe and uneventful journey back home. Sara and I were glad to be part of your trip here! Godspeed!

At Saturday, June 09, 2007 12:13:00 AM, Blogger The other me Left a thought...

Wow! I can't believe how grown uo Rebekah is looking, she looks so beautiful. Both your girls are shooting up, gorgeous girls indeed. I lost your link when my laptop died, so happy to have found you again and see how great Rebekah is doing. Helen.


Post a Comment

Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...