Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Monday, August 21, 2006



Monday Morning

Here we are Monday morning, still waiting. We will not know anything more until tomorrow morning at the earliest and more likely end of the day tomorrow.

This weekend was a bit of a "Retreat." Genia, a friend and angel from Alaska who is staying with us for a few weeks took both Rebekah and Sarah and headed off to Grandma A's house Saturday afternoon and they did not come back until Sunday evening. They all got to play, go shopping, go to Church and go for a country drive all with Grandma and Genia. Mommy and daddy got to stay home and have a few moments without kiddos. If memory is correct that has only happened one other time in the last 18 months. Unfortunately, mommy and daddy got a lot of work done. But it was still a delightful break, especially for mommy, and more importantly, the girls seemed to have some fun.

It is hard to put our thoughts into words. We want to be faithful and expect the best tomorrow but that is not where our hearts are right now. We have a very strong base belief that whatever happens we will get through it just like we have the last few years. BUT, we are not very positive about it. More prayers and thoughts for a miraculous "nothing" from the docs tomorrow please.

12 Shared:

At Monday, August 21, 2006 10:05:00 AM, Blogger The other me Left a thought...

I can think of a million and one faith filled thins to say, but that's because it's not my child...I can't imagine how hard this is and how may emotions you must be going through, but I do know miracles happen and I do know that this little girl is and always has been in His right hand, she is surrounded by angels and is so beloved that somehow you will always know that all is well. You and she have been an inspiration to so many, so MANY people have thought about more than the day to day nothingness that can swallow us up, Rebekah has turned more hearts to God and more minds to greater things than it is possible for us to imagine. She isso precious and divine and what parents you must be to be so blessed to have her.

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

This morning, I was sitting on the couch as my husband Randy, was in "work mode" getting ready to leave for work. When Randy is in "work mode" - NOTHING stops him. Until today. He looked at me and said, "what's wrong?" I answered --"we need to pray for Rebekah." He came over, sat down, took my hand and prayed the most authoritative prayer I believe I have ever heard come from his lips. Nothing ever stands in the way of Randy when he's in work mode --today, the Lord interrupted him and used the time to storm heaven's gates on Rebekah's behalf. Know that we have been praying and will continue to pray. All the prayer chains have been notified --all the emails have been sent --all the posts on all the blogs.... God is raising up a mighty army of prayer warriors to fight this battle! We are believing for victory and know that GOD will prevail! I agree with the previous comment which reads, "Rebekah has turned more hearts to God and more minds to greater things than it is possible for us to imagine."

May you feel the Lord's loving arms around you today!
...praying in Pennsylvania,
Deb

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 1:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear Scott and Francis, I'm very sorry that your family is having to go through this. Cancer is such a scary disease. I'm praying for you guys. Jill Renton

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 2:19:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

praying.........and then some more.

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 2:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I cannot begin to imagine what you and your family are going through waiting for these results to come back but I CAN PRAY that the results will be what you want and that God will hear your prayers and the prayer's of all those that love Rebakah and bless her with a long life and good health. You are in the prayer's and hearts of all of us here in West Virginia.

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 8:25:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

I just got back from vacation, and read this post and the one from last Friday.

Prayers are forthcoming for Rebekah and for you.

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 9:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My four year old granddaughter, Olivia, said to me today. "That nasty old devil better leave Rebebah alone so she can get all better" and I agree with her 100%. Her mother Deb told me that Olivia stopped several times today to pray for Rebekah. If we all could have the faith of a child we would see more works of God. Let's trust Him that we will get the report that we all want to hear from the doctors and lets not let the deciever cast doubt in our minds. God still preforms great and mighty things and I am believing with you that this will be one of them. My prayers are for you Rebakah and for mommy and daddy too. God's blessings on you. Leanne from Pa.

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:58:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

Continuing to pray....

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Nothing to say but that I will pray

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:54:00 AM, Blogger Julie Q Left a thought...

Hoping and praying for a miraculous nothing.

Sounds like a nice break, even if you did just catch up on housework. Sometimes that feeling is a good one though.

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Thinking of you all. . .
Wyla

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'm coming to you as a cancer survivor of 17 years (chemo, surgeries and radiation) and as a mother, grandmother and Christian. I found your page because I just found out that my 5th granddaughter will be born in November and her name will be Rebekah Ann. I wanted to find out more about the name (other than the bible story)and there you were. My prayers and those of many are with you. I pray for your entire family and that you are continuing to have your needs met. God's will is still such a mystery, but His love and comfort is always there. I will think about your Rebekah when I look at my Rebekah and whisper a prayer for her...

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...