Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Out In The Trailer

Here we are again at the NAFA (Northwest Adoptive Families Association) campout. NAFA is an organization that daddy works with a lot and who has supported us A LOT during the last year. It was this campout last year that was the only time we got to "camp" in the trailer anywhere but the hospital. And it was this campout last year that we left from, going straight to the hospital Sunday afternoon and starting radiation Monday at 6am. A year ago. Wow, it only seems like yesterday. So much has happened in the last year.

It was a tough decision on what to do this weekend. We have always (4-5 years anyway) come to this campout. But then this weekend we also have a family reunion happening up in Washington that we are missing, Grandma M is camping somewhere else in Washington and wanted us to come, and we had a wedding of a friend to go to. When it came down to it, however, this was going to be play time for the girls and given how much NAFA has supported us it only seemed right. We make homemade donuts every year and they are greatly adored. This year we will make about 200.

We came to camp Thursday evening and Friday daddy had to go take off a couple of hours away to place a newborn baby. Mommy and Rebekah and Sarah got to spend all day at the campground. The rode bikes (with the girls in a trailer), played on the swings, ate junk food, pulled a wagon and generally had a good time. THIS is what girls are supposed to be doing. It's weird to be normal again and we are loving every minute of it right now. Tonight there was a hotdog roast and all the kids were running around playing with other kids. It was neat to see.

Hopefully tomorrow or the next day we will have some pictures. Praise God for good times; life is good; my girls are good; I am happy.

2 Shared:

At Saturday, July 15, 2006 4:54:00 AM, Blogger My Kid's Mom Left a thought...

Yes, God is good.

I agree with what you said about the normal life being juxtaposed on the not so normal issues - I think you hit the nail right on the head with that one. I guess those of us who life with a child who has a chronic illness strive to regain that "normalcy" all the time, yet we'll never fully have it back. But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, because life seems so much sweeter and precious now. Things and people aren't taken for granted now. God's blessing are more sacred to us now.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures!

At Saturday, July 15, 2006 5:26:00 PM, Blogger Eva Left a thought...

I LOVE to hear that you are feeling normal again!


Post a Comment

Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...