Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Friday, August 11, 2006



Trying To Have A "Normal" Weekend

Thank you ALL so much for your prayers and concerns. Obviously this is weighing heavy on us but we have taken to the following thought: This is clearly not good news. We don't know yet if it is bad news - and that is a comforting factor.

We are at a church annual camp down on the beach with the church that Daddy and Mommy were married in and we have remained good friends with many of the people even though we don't regularly attend there. WE are enjoying the weekend regardless of what next week might hold.

Next Wednesday we will go in for a PET scan to tell us more than the MRI did last week. Then we will no more.

Prayers requested for a "mistake" on the last MRI.

12 Shared:

At Friday, August 11, 2006 9:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

You guys are amazing!!! After all you've been through you continue to keep a positive attitude. I bet Rebekah feels your good vibes and that's what fuels her energy. You're really inspiring.

We will continue to pray for you all and I'll look forward to seeing the blog update that there was a mistake on the MRI.

Thinking of you,
Christine

 
At Saturday, August 12, 2006 1:02:00 PM, Blogger The other me Left a thought...

Never could 'normal' be more hoped for. I will pray for your sweet girl who is still reminding us all what is important in our lives. God bless Rebekah and your family.

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2006 11:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I read Rebekahs page daily and keep her and your whole family in my prayer's. As upseting as this is just remember that God has brought you this far and continues to be by your side !

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:54:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

Dear Friends: All I can say is that I shall continue to pray for you. Last summer, Sara had to have a series of endoscopies because her liver enzymes were elevated. They ended up putting in a stent to open up the bile ducts, then they took it back out after six weeks. All sorts of different diagnoses were bantered about - and none of them were good. In fact, all of them had a very, very poor prognosis. When they took the stent out, all that the doctor could say was that he wasn't sure what caused the obstruction but that it was gone. He couldn't guarantee that it will never come back. It's been a year now, and Sara is the healthiest she's been in two years - and the obstruction has not returned. Miracles can and do happen. Please hold on to that thought, and hold on to the Lord. He's brought you this far. . .

 
At Sunday, August 13, 2006 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

We're Praying for Rebekah....

Stephanie Roscoe

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 7:15:00 AM, Blogger . Left a thought...

I linked to Rebekah's page through a friend of a friend, and have been reading and praying for some time.

A friend shared something with me recently, and I'd like to pass it on. It isn't new — but it is deeply profound in its simplicity:

"God loves you even through this."

Praying for a "mistake"....

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 9:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I have been reading Rebekah's page for months and months and have linked her page on my blog. I have never commented before. When I read the entry about the problem I sobbed at my desk and Rebekah and your family has been on my heart all weekend long. I am praying for a mistake and will be anxiously waiting for your next post. I know that God does not give us more than we can handle, it's just most of the time we don't know we can handle that much.

Love in Christ,
Sarah from Missouri

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 9:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I have been reading this site for months and have read all the history but have never commented. I pray for you all daily and have become attached to your family. I have been praying for a mistake and will continue praying. I am anxiously waiting for a new post and just wanted to let you that you have a friend in Missouri who is praying.
Love in Christ,
Sarah aka Wondering Rahab

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 1:23:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Praying from OH....love, Jodi and all

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 9:06:00 PM, Blogger Alicia Left a thought...

Praying for healthy and normal PET scan. I know the power of prayer. From what I undestand on your blog, I had a very similar scan result 7 months after I completed chemo. I had a nuclear scan that showed a large tumor right where my original tumor was. My family was devistated. The oncologost signed me up for a room in the Bone marrow unit and the search started for a donor. The surgeon wanted a more specifc scan, a CT, before she did a new biopsy and central line insertion. After a week of worry and fear (and later we found out many many prayers from my grandmother and her nationwide-prayer chain) my CT scan was CLEAR. The medical explaination-a false postivie of the chemical used in the scan. Only God will ever know if this was a medical mistake or a miraculous healing.

I am praying for a mistake or a miraculous healing for Rebekah!

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 9:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

We're back from a week at the Holt Family Campout and I was completely prepared to look at the blog and find out that all the tests looked good -- what a shocker! We had Rebekah in our thoughts all week and will keep good thoughts heading your direction. Please let me know if you need anything from us.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

praying

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...