Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Bit of a Rough Day

It has been a day. Sarah woke up a little after 7 this morning and I went in to find her binky and give it to her. She took that and layed back down. About then I realized that I had a bad headache so I took some Tylenol and crawled back into bed. About then I realized that it wasn't just a headache, it was a migraine. Uugh! Daddy was already up and working.

Rebekah woke up about 7:45 and wanted Daddy, so I had to get up and check on Rebekah and then see if Daddy could come and "love" on Rebekah and tell her she needed to go back to sleep. He was able to give her some loves and she seemed to go back to sleep, so that was good.

I finally got up about 9:00 and the headache was better, not gone, but better. Sarah had her breakfast. About 9:45 or so, Rebekah was screaming in her bed. I went in to check on her and she had thrown up. She needed cleaned up, the bed needed changed. All the while, Sarah is in her highchair and I'm having to keep her with food and make sure that she stays IN her highchair. Just what I wanted to deal with when I'm not feeling well.

Both girls took a late morning nap. When I put Rebekah down, I started her nutrition up again. After 30 minutes or so, she was throwing up again. Uugh! It was turning into one of those days. That was the end of Rebekah's nap. So much for Mommy getting a nap.

At that point, Rebekah and I worked on cleaning up the play room, so that we could see the carpet. She did a good job of helping. This evening, we can see a little more of the carpet than we did this morning, but I don't know that it is much more. The girls have since had much fun getting the toys back out and spreading them around.

Today, we got a care package from Cherie from New York, full of yummy treats as well as soaps and things. Thank you so much Cherie! It was very thoughtful and greatly appreciated.

Rebekah continues to play the "I want whoever is not taking care of me right now" game. We are trying not to let her get away with it. Oh the games children will play! In addition to that one, there is also the "I'm going to turn my nutrition pump off and on as I see fit" game and "I'm not going to stay in my bed, like I'm supposed to" game.

The other morning, about 1:30 or so, I was hearing Rebekah. At the time, she was not connected to her nutrition. She managed to open her bedroom door and by the time I caught up with her, she was in Daddy's office (which is attached to the house, but through another closed door) and calling for Daddy. She seemed to think that since Daddy wasn't sitting in his chair, he must be outside. She was at the office door (to the outside), knocking on the door and saying Daddy come. I tried to explain to her that Daddy was sleeping and that she needed to go back to sleep. At that point, she wanted her food connected back up, so I started it up at a very slow rate. Lately, she hasn't been getting very far out of bed while she's connected, so I figured having her connected would keep her in bed.

6 Shared:

At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:49:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

I'm praying for a better day tomorrow...

hugs from Pennsylvania!

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:42:00 AM, Blogger Dawn Left a thought...

Hang in there mom! Sending prayers your way!

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:56:00 AM, Anonymous Teresa Left a thought...

Wore me out just reading your day. Ugh, hang in there mommy. Hope your headache went away. Blessings and prayers.

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:36:00 AM, Blogger mommyguilt Left a thought...

So sorry to hear that you had a rough day. It's difficult enough to function when you have a migraine...My prayers, as always.


At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:16:00 PM, Blogger rose1020 Left a thought...

I have been reading your site for a little while now and have not had the courage to comment. I have 3 young children (3 and 5) and could not imagine what you are going through. You have made me appreciate my bad days with them as wonderful days since they are happy and healthy. My heart hurts for your family and all you have to go through. Please know that i pray for you and for your family. You are in my thoughts often.

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 5:34:00 PM, Blogger Karen Green Left a thought...

So much closer to normal. Sounds like it's time to grow the eyes in the back of your head to keep track of them both. Hang in there. Praise God the migraine abated a bit.


Post a Comment

Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...