Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Friday, January 06, 2006



Another Day is Done

It has been another one of those days. Rebekah has thrown up several times today. She seems to have the cough back that leads to throwing up. Uugh! I'm trying to dilute her nutrition again and see if that will help. One day at a time...

I haven't been able to get things right into the laundry because Daddy has had clients throughout the day and the laundry machines are in the office and would disrupt his appointments. Then again, I haven't been able to leave the girls alone or they are getting into trouble. So I haven't gotten much done today other than trying to keep up with the girls. So much for dishes, laundry, or much of anything else.

Daddy has had a busy day and all day long Rebekah has been asking for Daddy to do everything (once again). She doesn't take too well to Mommy explaining that Daddy is working and can't come right now to do it. When given the option to have Mommy get something for her or go without she opted to go without. If Daddy couldn't do it, she didn't want it. Sure doesn't help make Mommy feel good about herself.

The girls have been driving me crazy - they are not obeying, Rebekah just wants Daddy, Sarah is getting some molars in and cranky because of that and they are just generally not making me happy. At times, I have just about had it. I had to stop and take in some deep breaths today before getting back to where the girls are at. It has been rough.

I realize that when I don't feel good about myself or when I'm tired, I don't have the patience that I normally have. Then I have to remind myself that it is not the girls fault and I should not take it out on them. It is not easy.

11 Shared:

At Saturday, January 07, 2006 12:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Frances,
I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time with the girls! It is not easy being a Mom/parent!
Emili, my daughter has been giving me quite a difficult time up until about 3 days ago. I know if I am not doing well (tired, stressed..etc.) I rub off on her, so instead of just dealing with my stuff, it piles because she will act up. I bet this is what is happining. I pray for you, your husband and the girls that things smooth out. I would still love to get together. Please let me know if we could try to plan for a time. I am sorry things did not work out last time! Email me when you are able.
In prayer,
Toni

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2006 12:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Still praying for mom...

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2006 3:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Frances,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. It sure can be tough being Mommy. Sending loving and healing thoughts your way this morning-may today be a day of blessings.

Melenie

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2006 4:39:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

Sick or well kids will test and torment. It is how they deal with things. I pray that you will be able to take a break away, even for just a couple of hours to collect your thoughts and be yourself. I'm sure this is not easy, but I KNOW it is important. I have no stress like your stress and I still find that I need to walk away. Just last week I left the house and walked through my frozen garden imagining it in full glory. When I was done I was able to go back inside and be a kind mommy to my very cranky daughter.

Have faith Frances, we are all praying for you!

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:37:00 AM, Blogger Corry Left a thought...

Father, please give strength and comfort to this family. Give healing to Rebekah and encouragement to all in and with You. All these things I ask in Jesus' Precious Name. Amen.

God's Grace.

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2006 8:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Frances -- Motherhood is a tough job, even under the most ideal circumstances. Don't beat yourself up for how you are feeling. You're doing an incredible job and it is only natural that you would feel tired and frustrated. Hang in there!

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear Frances, My kids are all grown up and you reminded me of how insane it gets being young parents of adorable, but time consuming toddlers. I was a single parent of three toddlers, I understand your frustration, depression and exhaustion. Hang in there and hang on to God's strength. You are a wonderful mom doing an incredible job for your family.
"Keep doing your best, pray that it is blessed and God will take care of the rest."--Keith Green

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2006 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

The bad behaviour can switch overnight, so as long as you can get through today, they just might be sweeties again in the morning. I have a five year old boy who was the biggest stinker of my four. It turns out that he's also the cuddliest who won't just stop at one kiss.

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Even when you get enough sleep and the kids aren't sick, it's hard not to find times where you just want to run away. You are an amazing woman to stay put together as well as you do under such difficult circumstances. Never doubt your ability as a mommy. You're awesome.
Robyn

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:11:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

Always in my prayers. And they will be extra strong tonight.

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

my thoughts and prayers are with you. It is hard, as some one else mentioned .. being a parent. It doesn't matter if our wee little ones are healthy or sick, some times they just test and some times we are just dang tired.. Mom, try and take some time for yourself. I know it is hard and it's not something you might want to do but you need to keep up your strength and your sense of self in order to be there for your darling daughters.
I think you are a terrific mom ... and if getting mad or upset with your kids makes you feel down - then you are not alone as all us moms feel that way from time to time. It's part of being a mom.
Try and get some time to read or walk or take a bath or sleep ..
hugs, prayers, and admiration,
always,
Molly

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...