Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Saturday, December 31, 2005



A Busy Day

It has been another busy day. Both girls were up about 9 this morning. I know that I'm pretty lucky that they sleep so long at night. Grandma A came about 10:30 to watch the girls so I could get out and get some things done (like a long overdue oil change on the van). After she arrived, I got a shower and helped get Rebekah into bed (she was asking for a nap) and then headed out.

I got the oil change, ran some errands for Scott, stopped in at my office (I haven't been there for a while and have been on leave since Rebekah was diagnosed with cancer) and did a little shopping. I was gone for 5 hours or so and it is always good to get out. Rebekah slept for most of that time. She must have been a tired little girl. When I got home, she was helping her sister eat. She is such a big helper and always looking out for her sister.

Grandma M and Aunt Molly and Uncle Chuck and cousin Cole came over to celebrate Cole's third birthday. We weren't able to make it to his birthday party earlier this week, so we had our own little party here. It was good to see them and have some fun.

Sarah went to bed late and Rebekah much later. Hopefully they will both sleep in. I woke up a little before 4 this morning (Saturday), then Sarah woke up and I went in to give her a binky back, and haven't been able to get back to sleep. After about an hour, I decided to get out of bed and "do" something. I've checked in on the other cancer kiddos and now I'm putting this update together. Maybe after all of this, I'll be able to get back to sleep. One can only hope.

I would like to ask for prayers for Kennedy and her family. She is a 5 year old who is fighting Leukemia. She is currently in ICU with Liver Failure and ZERO ability to fight infection. She is in Critical but Stable condition. Right now, they are treating her Liver Failure and her cancer treatments are on hold. The standard cancer treatments have to be processed by the liver, so they are not sure what they will be able to do.

Kennedy has always seemed to have way too much energy, so it is hard to imagine her in ICU. The best picture I have of her, is her riding her bicycle around the hospital hallways with her Mom chasing after her with her IV pole. It was hard for Mom to keep up. This family has really been on my heart lately. It is tough enough to have to deal with a child with cancer, but they have more than their share right now.

We wish everyone a safe and happy new year.

4 Shared:

At Saturday, December 31, 2005 7:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

happy New Year Rebekah,and family,
praying for you and your family that this new year, will bring you many blessing :)
huggss
janice

 
At Saturday, December 31, 2005 9:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am hoping for many blessings for you all in the new year to come. I pray for complete remission and healing for Rebekah. I pray for spiritual growth and prosperity that only comes from God. I ask Him to give you "..oil of joy.." , ".. a merry heart.." and to keep you all "under the shadow of His wings". HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 
At Saturday, December 31, 2005 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

Sorry to hear about Kennedy, thank you for letting us know about her. I pray that the new year will be better for your family. 2005 was tough so far, I can't imagine how you ever get any rest. But I am blessed that you have two little girls to love and hug into the new year.

 
At Saturday, December 31, 2005 11:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Rebekah and family
Wishing you all a very happy new year
big hugs to all
Paul

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...