Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Wednesday, December 28, 2005



More on Last Night

Mommy made a brief mention of a rough night last night.  I would like to expound a bit on something she wrote.  Rebekah REALLY wanted mommy to be helping her in the middle of last night.  She was hitting me and herself, and kicking me whenever I tried to come close to her.  She was screaming at the top of her lungs at the same time.  I finally lost it and broke down crying, begging her to let daddy help her.  When she saw me crying it was like a complete turn around.  She instantly stopped fussing and put her arms out to me.  When I came close she wrapped her arms around me and kissed me on the cheek.  

She then pointed to her changing table and signed “change” and asked me to carry her over there.  She unhooked her diaper and helped me put a new one on – then stopped me and started signing “owie” or “hurt.”  She pointed to the shelf above her where the diaper rash cream was and when I pulled it off the shelf she said “yah” and opened up the diaper I just put on her.  She then helped me walk her and her IV Pole back to her bed signed “night night” (tired) with me and laid right down and went to sleep.  

The whole while she was more calm, more mature than any four year old I have ever seen.  This little girl has such a beautiful mothering instinct in her.  All it takes is for her to see someone hurting and she instantly puts all of her own pains aside to help them.  She is SO beautiful.

10 Shared:

At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Thanks for sharing that story ... very touching and sweet. I'm glad you had help from her when you needed it. What a trooper!

Prayers,
Dawn

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

So precious!!

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:11:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

Amazing!

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:13:00 AM, Blogger mommyguilt Left a thought...

I find it so incredible that children can sense that....they know when we need a hug, too...and cooperation, and TLC. She's a wonderful little girl!

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I think we often forget how smart and sensitive little children are. What a big heart she has to set aside her selfish demands for her concern and love for her daddy. How precious of a moment for you to share with us.

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

That brought me to tears! Still praying for all of you. Caron

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 11:13:00 AM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Rebekah Christine Adams-----She is affecting so many with her life story now. How many folks out there in the "blogosphere" have a MUCH closer walk with God because of her? Well, I do for one and I'm sure there are many, many others. You cannot help but be touched by this small child with all the pain and chemo, etc. she has been through and of course, the whole family is along for the ride, too. My green CureSearch band will be on my wrist for the rest of my days. Continuing prayer for all with love, tears, and compassion......Jodi

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 12:10:00 PM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

what a precious heart, and what a loving response to her daddy, praying for all of you as you walk this path

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 2:17:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

She showed you empathy and compassion because she has been given both. Both of you have been such role models to her - what with the patience displayed, the meeting of her every need, the willingness to give everything you have to her - so it is no wonder that she would do the SAME for you. She will be a GREAT mom, nurse, and/or doctor some day. Keep on doing what you are doing for her - it is not in vain. She is BEAUTIFUL because you two have helped to make her that way. Your story continues to touch my heart and soul - thank you for sharing it. My family continues to keep all of you in our prayers.

 
At Friday, December 30, 2005 9:45:00 PM, Blogger Lora Left a thought...

Wow, that left me with tears running down my face but in such a sweet way. Thank you Scott for sharing your story and touching our hearts. What a big girl you are Rebekah, we are all so very proud of you, you are a brave and sweet girl indeed.
Much love and big hugs to you big girl!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...